Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
RNS

I think I was cool with Dak for what he was and his development- you could see him developing but then he ask for top tier/elite money is where I have the problem. A lot of QBs could have been serviceable - and do what Dak did, if not better ---he got me fukked up and typing this brought back some emotions....he might have to b2b on b2b...fukk em

same here I fukks with Dak heavy for what he is , I can never hate on somebody wanting to get paid but Dak has completely regressed since his rookie season when it comes to winning :yeshrug:. Could be a number of things as to why but if he’s looking for elite QB numbers we should of been better when Zeke was out couple seasons ago :ld:

His numbers look great but you watch full games every snap dude is a game manager slinging 60 passes a game :scust:

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Did you know y'all are going to be 50M (at least) over the cap in 2021?

tenor.gif

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
RNS

I think I was cool with Dak for what he was and his development- you could see him developing but then he ask for top tier/elite money is where I have the problem. A lot of QBs could have been serviceable - and do what Dak did, if not better ---he got me fukked up and typing this brought back some emotions....he might have to b2b on b2b...fukk em

What :russ:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
So the Cowboys again offered him between 33-35 million with over 100 million guaranteed per Jane Slater. She also said they don’t do 4 year big money new deals.

In other words, Jerry and Stephen are telling Dak that we aren’t moving off that 5th year. Take it or play on the tag.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
So the Cowboys again offered him between 33-35 million with over 100 million guaranteed per Jane Slater. She also said they don’t do 4 year big money new deals.

In other words, Jerry and Stephen are telling Dak that we aren’t moving off that 5th year. Take it or play on the tag.
That's way more than fair for Dak's talent level and him not being able to carry a team when needed. To be honest, the initial $30M/year offer was fair for Dak.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
We got Howie the god, voted the best GM 25 years in a row by dallas newspapers. Y’all got Jerry Jones. :mjlol:
Oh he's Howie that god now? The same guy who decided not to trade up for CeeDee. That guy. The guy who had Philly fans melting down after he picked a backup/developmental project QB in the 2nd round after they paid your starting QB a shyt ton of money...the same "god" who forsaken thee by not only allowing the Cowboys to get the best player at the position you needed most...but trading a pick to us that became a player at a position that we needed really bad. An Eagles fan liking Howies recent moves? I've never heard this before.
:mjlol:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
At this point I’m beginning to feel like it would be worth going 6-10 just so we can end this financial impasse. Either he signs for reasonable value or the FO realizes he’s not worth $35 per and moves on.

This is absurd. I understand him wanting to get paid, but this is about ego at this point. Dude has national sponsorships between Pepsi, Campbells, and Danon for being the Cowboys starting QB. Sure as hell ain’t about performance or resume. The 5th year and the annual average and guaranteed is all just about sticking it to the team at this point.

Nobody is saying he has to play for $5mil a year. But this dude really trying to scrape every last cent and sticking point, regardless of what it does to the cast around him.

And I’d be for it if he didn’t play the most protected and irrationally paid position in the sport. He’s using the Cowboys brand against the front office, essentially saying that they won’t entertain the idea of searching for a new QB with the roster already constructed.

The way we feel about FAs using our name to get higher contracts from other teams, Dak is essentially doing the same during these extension talks.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Oh he's Howie that god now? The same guy who decided not to trade up for CeeDee. That guy. The guy who had Philly fans melting down after he picked a backup/developmental project QB in the 2nd round after they paid your starting QB a shyt ton of money...the same "god" who forsaken thee by not only allowing the Cowboys to get the best player at the position you needed most...but trading a pick to us that became a player at a position that we needed really bad. An Eagles fan liking Howies recent moves? I've never heard this before.
:mjlol:
Ceedee ain’t even play a game yet and you tryna talk about his accomplishment. :mjlol: