Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
I would of extended him right after the 17-18 season he would took any type of deal at that point.
But they were trying to be cheap and let him play out his rookie deal and look how that's biting them in the ass. Now they want to hedge their bets by franchise tagging him and that's probably going to bite them too in the long run.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
If you think Dak is overpaid blame the Joneses for royally fukking up this entire negotiation process. They've literally done everything wrong. Missed the opportunity to resign for cheap after '18? Check. Let him ball out in a contract year? Check. Let Mahomes sign first? Check. Let the deadline pass with no extension? About to be check. Tag him again next year for 38M? Most likely check.

They've played this as badly as possible and will probably continue to do so.
They arent sold on him obviously

If you take out the Giants and Slurs games, Dakota was painfully average. If fans can see that, Jerry & Stephen definitely see that.

And before you say “well if they werent sold on him, they wouldnt be offering him a long-term contract at all”, im certain the contract they are offering is team-friendly, with the ability to get out of it after two or three years without crippling the cap

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We all family here man, I know your guys stances on Dak. I just like messing with you all. Me personally I do not really care if he leaves or stays. He is just a good quarterback imo that need great coaching and great players around him to succeed. He is not elite in no way shape or form. I have no issues with the tag. Deep playoff run nothing less or he can get Kirk cousins.
See online can't tell when dudes are serious or not because cats truly be on that type time. My bad and as for the rest of your post I basically agree with it. I think he's on that cousins, Alex smith, Dalton level of talent where like you said if you have awesome talent he can look average. I also agree dude isn't elite and why should he get top QB money when dudes have to do tricky stats magic to say dude is good. Nah son

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
If you think Dak is overpaid blame the Joneses for royally fukking up this entire negotiation process. They've literally done everything wrong. Missed the opportunity to resign for cheap after '18? Check. Let him ball out in a contract year? Check. Let Mahomes sign first? Check. Let the deadline pass with no extension? About to be check. Tag him again next year for 38M? Most likely check.

They've played this as badly as possible and will probably continue to do so.
I don't think he's overpaid because he's on th franchise tag. I don't think he's good enough for what he and some think he should get. The joneses did mess up I won't argue that and now that fukk up looks like it might be to my benefit since I'm super good with moving on from Alex Smith Jr anyway.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
They arent sold on him obviously

If you take out the Giants and Slurs games, Dakota was painfully average. If fans can see that, Jerry & Stephen definitely see that.

And before you say “well if they werent sold on him, they wouldnt be offering him a long-term contract at all”, im certain the contract they are offering is team-friendly, with the ability to get out of it after two or three years without crippling the cap
Exactly and this is why they aren’t coming off that fifth year.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Dak stans on Cz bout to be salty
giphy.gif

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Jerry probably would have caved and got this done if he wasn't feeling scorned about the Jaylon/Zeke deals. I got a feeling those deals are affecting his stance on Dak's.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jerry probably would have caved and got this done if he wasn't feeling scorned about the Jaylon/Zeke deals. I got a feeling those deals are affecting his stance on Dak's.
Why is he regretting Zekes deal? What RBS as accomplished as Zeke didn't get paid?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Why is he regretting Zekes deal? What RBS as accomplished as Zeke didn't get paid?
Because he publically caved to a running back that he "went to bat for" and obviously felt "owed him" to at least play one more year on his rookie deal before re-upping. He caved on Zeke and jumped the gun on Jaylon and the team didn't even make the playoffs. Jerry is probably privately steamed about this and is partially why he's remaining firm with Dak.