Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This team is basically rebuilding without acting like it.

Last year should've been a fire sale.

Their window was short considering they had so many players that were coming up on expiring deals. DLaw and Zeke basically help their window close quicker by threatening to hold out.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This team is basically rebuilding without acting like it.

Last year should've been a fire sale.

Their window was short considering they had so many players that were coming up on expiring deals. DLaw and Zeke basically help their window close quicker by threatening to hold out.

The offense technically is still in tact, the rebuilding is really on the defense and special teams.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The offense technically is still in tact, the rebuilding is really on the defense and special teams.

That's 3/4th's of the team. Add the coaching staff being damn near gutted and.... your team is rebuilding.

Losing to the Rams in the playoffs should've signalled the window was closed.

They couldn't run the ball and the defense couldn't stop the run. Their foundation got exposed.

Yet they rewarded the positions responsible with huge contracts.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's 3/4th's of the team. Add the coaching staff being damn near gutted and.... your team is rebuilding.

Losing to the Rams in the playoffs should've signalled the window was closed.

They couldn't run the ball and the defense couldn't stop the run. Their foundation got exposed.

Yet they rewarded the positions responsible with huge contracts.
You dudes are too damn dramatic. How does losing a playoff game with one of the youngest teams in the league signal your window is closing? Logic doesnt check out.

And since when does getting a new coaching staff signal a rebuild? We hired a more experienced coach with playoff success yet its somehow a negative cause we "gutted" the coaching staff, a coaching staff yall shytted on for years. :camby:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
You dudes are too damn dramatic. How does losing a playoff game with one of the youngest teams in the league signal your window is closing? Logic doesnt check out.

And since when does getting a new coaching staff signal a rebuild? We hired a more experienced coach with playoff success yet its somehow a negative cause we "gutted" the coaching staff, a coaching staff yall shytted on for years. :camby:

It's not the fact that they lost, its HOW they lost.

The run game got exposed and the defensive line got exposed.

So they turn around and give Zeke a new deal with 2 years left on the old one.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Clowney is a good run defender don't know where you're getting that from
I watched every Seahawks defensive snap from this past season - NFL gamepass is free to the public through May 31. While he is an amazing pass rusher (was double and triple teamed plenty of times last year but he still made his way to the QB and impacted the pass game), I wanted to see his full arsenal vs the run.

Week 1 - Bengals - Effective vs Pass only - played 61% of defensive snaps
Week 2 - Steelers - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 68% of defensive snaps
Week 3 - Saints - Non-existent - played 63% of defensive snaps
Week 4 - Cardinals - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 67% of defensive snaps
Week 5 - Rams - Effective vs Pass only - played 77% of defensive snaps
Week 6 - Browns - Effective vs Pass only - played 69% of defensive snaps
Week 7 - Ravens - Effective vs Run only - played 64% of defensive snaps
Week 8 - Falcons - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 76% of defensive snaps
Week 9 - Bucs - Non-existent - played 83% of defensive snaps
Week 10 - 49ers - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 83% of defensive snaps
Week 13 - Vikings - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 80% of defensive snaps
Week 14 - Rams - Non-existent - played 59% of defensive snaps
Week 15 - 49ers - Non-existent - played 66% of defensive snaps
  • Taken out of run plays by TEs far too often
  • Over running run plays every game; you can see he relies too much on athleticism instead of reading the pulling OL
  • Inconsistent, you will see him blow up running plays on back to back downs and then disappear for 4-5 possessions
  • Takes plenty of plays off, and at times will come off the field for two possessions back to back..not sure if this is coaching decision in response to bad play or a conditioning concern
  • Effort after missing tackles is troublesome
  • Ineffective on the goal line, most of the time Seattle simply pulled him off the field
  • Neutral zone infractions galore
I actually loved the idea of Clowney with the Cowboys, but the Joneses are far too cheap. I'm also not sure how anyone is gonna feel about paying another edge rusher $20 mil.+, for his production. But don't take my word for it, watch his play and see for yourself.