Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
I watched every Seahawks defensive snap from this past season - NFL gamepass is free to the public through May 31. While he is an amazing pass rusher (was double and triple teamed plenty of times last year but he still made his way to the QB and impacted the pass game), I wanted to see his full arsenal vs the run.

Week 1 - Bengals - Effective vs Pass only - played 61% of defensive snaps
Week 2 - Steelers - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 68% of defensive snaps
Week 3 - Saints - Non-existent - played 63% of defensive snaps
Week 4 - Cardinals - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 67% of defensive snaps
Week 5 - Rams - Effective vs Pass only - played 77% of defensive snaps
Week 6 - Browns - Effective vs Pass only - played 69% of defensive snaps
Week 7 - Ravens - Effective vs Run only - played 64% of defensive snaps
Week 8 - Falcons - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 76% of defensive snaps
Week 9 - Bucs - Non-existent - played 83% of defensive snaps
Week 10 - 49ers - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 83% of defensive snaps
Week 13 - Vikings - Effective vs Run & Pass - played 80% of defensive snaps
Week 14 - Rams - Non-existent - played 59% of defensive snaps
Week 15 - 49ers - Non-existent - played 66% of defensive snaps
  • Taken out of run plays by TEs far too often
  • Over running run plays every game; you can see he relies too much on athleticism instead of reading the pulling OL
  • Inconsistent, you will see him blow up running plays on back to back downs and then disappear for 4-5 possessions
  • Takes plenty of plays off, and at times will come off the field for two possessions back to back..not sure if this is coaching decision in response to bad play or a conditioning concern
  • Effort after missing tackles is troublesome
  • Ineffective on the goal line, most of the time Seattle simply pulled him off the field
  • Neutral zone infractions galore
I actually loved the idea of Clowney with the Cowboys, but the Joneses are far too cheap. I'm also not sure how anyone is gonna feel about paying another edge rusher $20 mil.+, for his production. But don't take my word for it, watch his play and see for yourself.

:yeshrug:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Not all that hyped about the moves we have made thus far but i am willing to see how we address our shortcomings during the draft. We still need another edge rusher as well as a safety and cornerback. And while other teams seem to be able to fix their flaws with smart drafting and signing we have holes that have been there for years that we haven't filled in yet. shyt like that scares me and while i'm not sure how good Stephen is at this draft thing. I think he is just living off of not taking Manziel and taking Martin instead cause a lot of his (the team's) decision making the past few years has been suspect as hell.