Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are u serious right now?

My point is:

1. a. Flabby and sick RB off the street outran our RB

2. You brought up AB (a top-10 receiver ever) torching Ramsey in a game that the Jags won as a negative towards him

3. Our defense is TRASH. Absolute Trash. We wont win anything with the roster as is.

4. Corners are more valuable than Backs in this league. Its why they are paid more on an AAV than running backs. Byron Jones just got more guaranteed money than Zeke and he isnt close to being as good
What does any of this have to do with the cowboys paying Zeke? Who werent we able to sign on defense due to Zeke's contract? We have cap space right now to sign guys and we havent. Outside of lawrence, the cowboys havent paid big money to a defensive player in years, far before Zeke's contract.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
What does any of this have to do with the cowboys paying Zeke? Who werent we able to sign on defense due to Zeke's contract? We have cap space right now to sign guys and we havent. Outside of lawrence, the cowboys havent paid big money to a defensive player in years, far before Zeke's contract.
:mjtf::what:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. No response cause there isnt one. If you're gonna complain that zeke's contract is fukking up the development of the defense you should be able to show where and how.
If you think Zeke’s contract (amongst others) isnt hindering us from paying Free Agents, then there isnt anything else to discuss with you

We have been interested in Trufant and Harris Jr and lost out on both of them.

I wonder why :ohhh:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Breh, I love Zeke. Hes my favorite player on this team by far.

With that said, look at the current state of our defense. There is not 1 single player on that side of the ball that I have 0 worry about. Not 1.

If you told me we wouldve selected Watt, Thornhill, Chris Jones, over Taco, Trysten, and Jaylon, I wouldnt mind giving Zeke his bread...

Thats cool..but we have a new coordinator. Take Kendall Fuller..trash with the Skins.. goes to KC, all that changes in a better system. Lets see some of these DBs in a new system first.. one minute its the coaches, now its the players. These corners we got werent bums in college. Nolan is more capable than Marinelli's dumb ass philosophy of only rushing 4..which really leaves our CBs in a fuhked position

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you think Zeke’s contract (amongst others) isnt hindering us from paying Free Agents, then there isnt anything else to discuss with you

That is a weak argument. The cowboys have had interest in many defensive players over the years and didnt sign them despite having the cap space. The argument that we would've signed trufant or chris harris jr if not for zeke's contract just has no merit. This team clearly has a M.O when it comes to spending at certain positions, especially on the defensive side of the ball. We havent made big splash signings in free agency in years on defense. Years. I don't see what Zeke contract has to do with that.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
That is a weak argument. The cowboys have had interest in many defensive players over the years and didnt sign them despite having the cap space. The argument that we would've signed trufant or chris harris jr if not for zeke's contract just has no merit. This team clearly has a M.O when it comes to spending at certain positions, especially on the defensive side of the ball. We havent made big splash signings in free agency in years on defense. Years. I don't see what Zeke contract has to do with that.
nikka shut up :mjtf:

They wanted to keep Quinn and lost him as well:mjtf:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka shut up :mjtf:

They wanted to keep Quinn and lost him as well:mjtf:
Did they lose him because they couldnt afford him or because they are cheap? You're not making sound arguments. :gucci:

The front office has a history of being cheap during free agency for years yet you want to pretend their hands are tied and they cant afford anyone. We had 12 million going into the season and still didnt pursuit a legitimate safety such as Earl thomas. The front office is cheap at certain ppsitions, irregardless of the cap situation. Thais a fact. If they really wanted Quinn, trufant, or any f those guys they would've paid because the money was available. They decided they werent worth it like the majority of the teams in the league. It's like you dont understand what the concept of free agency is, its bidding.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Did they lose him because they couldnt afford him or because they are cheap? You're not making sound arguments. :gucci:

The front office has a history of being cheap during free agency for years yet you want to pretend their hands are tied and they cant afford anyone. We had 12 million going into the season and still didnt pursuit a legitimate safety such as Earl thomas. The front office is cheap at certain ppsitions, irregardless of the cap situation. Thais a fact. If they really wanted Quinn, trufant, or any f those guys they would've paid because the money was available. They decided they werent worth it like the majority of the teams in the league. It's like you dont understand what the concept of free agency is, its bidding.
Jones addressed the inherent obstacle that the salary cap poses and specifically mentioned both Prescott and 25-year-old wide receiver Amari Cooper. Both of their rookie contracts are up, and the team will have to shell out serious cash to keep them either by way of the franchise tag, which can only be exercised on one player, or on long-term contracts. Last year, the Cowboys extended both star running back Ezekiel Elliott and linebacker Jaylon Smith.

“We’re going to have some challenges with our [salary] cap. We are,” Stephen Jones said. “Certainly, with Dak and Amari, that’s going to shrink it in a hurry. We’re going to have challenges, but they’re not challenges that we cannot overcome.”

Notably absent from that statement was Byron Jones. Cornerbacks Anthony Brown and C.J. Goodwin are also set to hit free agency in March, which could leave the Cowboys quite lean at the position.

“In general, defense is the priority for this offseason,” Stephen Jones said. “It’s fair to say it’s a focus of ours.”

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:unimpressed:

Please dont tell me you take Stephen's words at face value. Dude is cheap as fukk and you know it. Who is the last big money free agent they've brought in on defense? Brandon Carr?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

They don't want to play in Dallas

We have plenty of cap space to pay what they signed for...

But they don't want to sign here...

You guys treat it like players in the off season are lining up to play for the cowboys and all we got to do is have enough money and we can sign whoever...

Earl didn't want to play here as much as he wanted to get out of Seatlle. Haven't heard a peep about him wanting to play for the cowboys since he joined the Ravens...

Haven't heard a peep out of Jamal Adams wanting to play here now he got over the initial hurt feelings of being in trade talks

We been trying to sign Mccoy forever...but it's only now that he toward the end of his career that he sign here...

I'm not at all mad about Zeke money because if we were not going to give it to Zeke who were we going to give it to?

We were interested in Trufant and Harris...never once saw a report that said they were interested in us

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
If I remember correctly bortles played good during that run while Antonio Brown gashed Ramsey in the divisional round, and amendola and cooks outplayed him in the AFC championship. :yeshrug:

DB is important but they can play lights out and it still wont matter in most cases. See byron jones.
Bortles played well in the game against Steelers but played poorly against Buffalo. AB gashed Bouye a few times from what I remember...not Ramsey.