Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I am

Like @dtownreppin214 said, paying a QB, WR, and RB $100m is poor use of the salary-cap. Granted out of the 3, Zeke deserves his bread the most. I wouldnt have paid Coop and dont even ask me what I would do with Dak..

Having Ramsey or Buckner right now or the $11m in cap space would have us in a lot better shape going forward...

How Ramsey help any of the teams he been on? yall buggin with his value..

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Brehs after the Titans franchise-tagged Derek Henry & the Rams just bushed Todd Gurley, are y'all ready to admit giving Zeke that big contract was a mistake?
What do any of them have to do with Zeke? Henry didnt get paid long term because he is a 1-dimensional back coming off his 1st truly elite season as a starter. Zeke is a 3-level back as he can run, catch, and block. Gurley got cut because he has an arthritic knee. That doesn't apply to Zeke, as Zeke is one of the most durable players in the league and is highly consistent.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Cowbrahs

Sean Lee, LB: Re-signing with the Cowboys on a one-year, $4.5 million deal that includes $2 million guaranteed, reported Rapoport and Garafolo

Why are yall guaranteeing any money to White Sam Jackson from Unbreakable :mjlol:

4.5 mill:mjlol:
This dude should make league minimum dude will play 1 quarter next season and end up in traction
It's 2020 and we're still relying on this snake. :snoop:

This is what happens when you're two top 40 pick LBs are inconsistent, injury prone and poor leaders.

I'm telling yall it's going under the radar how poor drafting has been lately.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Was he or was he not the best player on a team that went to the AFC Championship game with Blake Bortles?

Or am I trippin :hubie:

He was on a better team last year...and?

My point is NFL is YEAR TO YEAR. he is NOT a player you build around.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was he or was he not the best player on a team that went to the AFC Championship game with Blake Bortles?

Or am I trippin :hubie:
If I remember correctly bortles played good during that run while Antonio Brown gashed Ramsey in the divisional round, and amendola and cooks outplayed him in the AFC championship. :yeshrug:

DB is important but they can play lights out and it still wont matter in most cases. See byron jones.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
He was on a better team last year...and?

My point is NFL is YEAR TO YEAR. he is NOT a player you build around.
Rams failed because of the QB

Gurley had a horrible year compared to Zeke and his team STILL had a better record. What does that tell you about RBs

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Rams failed because of the QB

Gurley had a horrible year compared to Zeke and his team STILL had a better record. What does that tell you about RBs

Bro.. u just made my point..lol

He gonna command so much money and then what a team supposed to do? Sign him and then what?

He just a freaking DB

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
If I remember correctly bortles played good during that run while Antonio Brown gashed Ramsey in the divisional round, and amendola and cooks outplayed him in the AFC championship. :yeshrug:

DB is important but they can play lights out and it still wont matter in most cases. See byron jones.
If I remember correctly, Gurley outplayed Zeke by far in the divisional round game as did CJ Anderson

Good defense and QB play wins in the playoffs

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
If I remember correctly, Gurley outplayed Zeke by far in the divisional round game as did CJ Anderson

Bro u really wanna say that? With our fans on here its been Garrett gotta go...Garret gotta go.. but then yall blame our best players? Which is it?

I trust Zeke and his abilities more than any player on this team..and certainly more than playing under Garrett and company awful philosophy in coaching

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not sure what Hurley and anderson outplaying Zeke has to do with anything. If anything you're refuting your own point, the rams beat us because they shredded us on the ground. Just this past playoffs alone showed how value the running game can be. The titans made it to the AFC championship riding henry, and the 49ers made it to the superbowl riding their committee of rb's. They beat Aaron Rodgers by only completing 6 passes. Even in 2019, the patriots beats the rams primarily on the ground. The idea that the running game cant win has to be put to rest.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Bro u really wanna say that? With our fans on here its been Garrett gotta go...Garret gotta go.. but then yall blame our best players? Which is it?

I trust Zeke and his abilities more than any player on this team..and certainly more than playing under Garrett and company awful philosophy in coaching
Breh, I love Zeke. Hes my favorite player on this team by far.

With that said, look at the current state of our defense. There is not 1 single player on that side of the ball that I have 0 worry about. Not 1.

If you told me we wouldve selected Watt, Thornhill, Chris Jones, over Taco, Trysten, and Jaylon, I wouldnt mind giving Zeke his bread...

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I'm not sure what Hurley and anderson outplaying Zeke has to do with anything. If anything you're refuting your own point, the rams beat us because they shredded us on the ground. Just this past playoffs alone showed how value the running game can be. The titans made it to the AFC championship riding henry, and the 49ers made it to the superbowl riding their committee of rb's. They beat Aaron Rodgers by only completing 6 passes. Even in 2019, the patriots beats the rams primarily on the ground. The idea that the running game cant win has to be put to rest.
Are u serious right now?

My point is:

1. a. Flabby and sick RB off the street outran our RB

2. You brought up AB (a top-10 receiver ever) torching Ramsey (he didnt, he torched Bouye) in a game that the Jags won as a negative towards him

3. Our defense is TRASH. Absolute Trash. We wont win anything with the roster as is.

4. Corners are more valuable than Backs in this league. Its why they are paid more on an AAV than running backs. Byron Jones just got more guaranteed money than Zeke and he isnt close to being as good