Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I know there's no announcement which I'm pissed about. But I think Jerruh already knows who he is hiring.

I think it's one of these 5 coaches - Urban, Riley, Rhule, Campbell, or Zimmer (if he is let go) Out of all those names, none of them have had scheduled interviews announced with other teams. So in Jerruh's mind, none of his top candidates are in jeopardy.
I Do not want Zimm

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, something to keep in mind, Riley & Matt Rhule both have the same agent as Jason Garrett. Might be why Jerruh's handling this so delicately.

Something else to consider -- you don't want to piss off the agent of your target by smearing, or hurting the name of another one of his key clients (Garrett).

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I am getting fukkin sick and tired of the soft azz Dallas media always trying to make a feel good story and not asking the tough questions. I heard on the ticket about them mentioning how Garrett was hugging somebody on the field after the game and him throwing the ball after the game and tells the fans to think about it as a man may lose his job.
I don’t give a shyt that he’s going to lose his job. He simply wasn’t good enough and it’s embarrassing the soft the media is in DFW. I remember when they use to be ruthless but what the hell has happened?
It's weird man. Dallas media used to try and mimic the NY media and were dogs. Those Randy Galloway days and "BAD DECISION COACH! BAD DECISION!" yells at Cowboys coaches during the post game.
Maybe it's social media? Everyone wants the clout, so they want to be the first to drop that inside info and get the likes and trends on social.
It's hard getting that inside info for many if they're not buddy buddy with the Jones family and coaches.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also, something to keep in mind, Riley & Matt Rhule both have the same agent as Jason Garrett. Might be why Jerruh's handling this so delicately.
Good point but honestly, I think Jerry just doesn't want to officially FIRE Garrett and embarrass him.
He doesn't have to, he'll just let his contract run out and probably drop some stupid montage on dallascowboys.com emotionally thanking Garrett for his services.

Speaking of connections, I think a name to look out for is Chris Petersen.
That Kellen Moore and Boise State connection is there. Good coach and overachieves with his teams.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's weird man. Dallas media used to try and mimic the NY media and were dogs. Those Randy Galloway days and "BAD DECISION COACH! BAD DECISION!" yells at Cowboys coaches during the post game.
Maybe it's social media? Everyone wants the clout, so they want to be the first to drop that inside info and get the likes and trends on social.
It's hard getting that inside info for many if they're not buddy buddy with the Jones family and coaches.
Randy Galloway was a junkyard dog as a media member, he didnt give a damn :russ:

I actually worked at the retirement home his mom was at back when I was in high school. He would come up there to eat with her some Sundays. I would talk sports with him. You weren't supposed to tip the servers, since it was a retirement home, but he would shake my hand on his way out and give me $20:myman:

Last edited:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why would a firing be embarrassing? Garrett will be highly sout aftet righy Jerry? Think Andy Reid was embarrassed after being fired in Philly? Of course not. He knew he was getting anothet job ASAP. Jerry know his boy is ASS so yea firing him would be embarassing because he aint shyt. And neither is Jerry

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Why would a firing be embarrassing? Garrett will be highly sout aftet righy Jerry? Think Andy Reid was embarrassed after being fired in Philly? Of course not. He knew he was getting anothet job ASAP. Jerry know his boy is ASS so yea firing him would be embarassing because he aint shyt. And neither is Jerry
Firing someone two days before their contract expires is something you do to someone you despise. I know it's not a big deal to us fans but I imagine not having a firing on your record is something coaches prefer bc of the stigma that comes with it so I understand why Jerry is looking out for his son by waiting it out. Regardless I'm sure Jerry told him today.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Firing someone two days before their contract expires is something you do to someone you despise. I know it's not a big deal to us fans but I imagine not having a firing on your record is something coaches prefer bc of the stigma that comes with it so I understand why Jerry is looking out for his son by waiting it out. Regardless I'm sure Jerry told him today.
Right.
We want that dude tarred, feathered and drug out of Valley Ranch because we can't stand what he did to this franchise for 10 years.
But to Jerry, Jason Garrett is family. That's why his ass be crying in the middle of interviews because he knows what has to be done
and truly wanted it to work with JG.

I think he's coming to the realization that if he wants to see a chip before he buys the farm, he's gonna have to make a Parcells move
and relinquish control of the team and bring a real coach in with most of his own staff. I bet this whole thing is killing Jerry but who gives AF.
It's a travesty what this team has done for 25 years.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Technically Jones can't fire him. He's technically not employed with the cowboys anymore.

So technically Jason Garrett isn't the coach of the cowboys.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
@dtownreppin214 Deadskins will be tough to beat with Ron as the HC. The talent they have on that front-7 is on par with what he had in Carolina. Plus they about to get Chase Young

Jerry better get this hire right. I can see Giants getting Rhule...
Literally just posted about this on CZ lol..

I think you're going to start seeing the Skins and Giants show some life starting next season. Say what you want about Rivera, but his teams tend to play hard-nosed defense. His dline rotation with the Skins is going to include the following players...

Chase Young
Montez Sweat
Daron Payne
Tim Settle
Matt Ioannidis
Jonathan Allen

All of these guys are 25 and younger. With the exception of Settle, all of them would probably be starters in Dallas. Meanwhile most of our oline enter their 30's starting next season. Any front office hire they make will most likely be an upgrade from Bruce Allen. If they can develop Haskins and continue to develop some of the nice skill players they've picked up from the draft then they will be formidable. I could be wrong, but Snyder seems to have gotten his wake up call with all the fan apathy that was evident this season.

As for the Giants, if they get Rhule then that will suck, because I think he's the next star coach in the NFL. The guy had Baylor highly competitive this year after the program received severe NCAA sanctions only a few years ago. I saw a dramatic improvement in the physicality of their defense, something you don't associate with Baylor. They played gritty like his defenses in Temple. Daniel Jacobs will be entering his second year so he should take a natural jump if he can start reading a blitz. If they get a couple of weapons for him like Jerry Jeudy from Alabama and a TE then they are going start showing some life as well. The thing is that defense is very talent deficient but a quality d-coordinator could mask some of that.

Both of these teams have big question marks - Redskins QB & the Giants D. But with the new coaches they have coming in and the blue-chip players they'll be able to add in the draft, it's not out of the question that both teams take a significant leap next season and make the division much more competitive then it has been recently. I'm doubt either one are going to win the NFCE next year, but I don't see us easily sweeping them like we've doing around here recently.

Last edited: