Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I believe Garrett will be gone, but it would be funny as fukk if all they do is change coordinators.

It looks like Garrett isn't going down without a fight :mjlol:.

He probably in those meetings throwing a lot of people under the bus.

He prolly hit Jerry with the :mjcry: I turned down other coaching gigs after 2007. :ufdup: I was responsible for making the transition away from Romo with a 4th round QB.

Kellen Moore went rogue on me :hubie: Kellen Moore called that Eagles game, not me:beli:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like any politician. Garrett is very transparent.

He prolly hit Jerry with the :mjcry: I turned down other coaching gigs after 2007. :ufdup: I was responsible for making the transition away from Romo with a 4th round QB.

Kellen Moore went rogue on me :hubie: Kellen Moore called that Eagles game, not me:beli:

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun

:sas2: -Jerry

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

That binder is probably full of names of the people that said some slick shyt about Jerry while they were hanging out with Garrett.:russ:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Literally just posted about this on CZ lol..

I think you're going to start seeing the Skins and Giants show some life starting next season. Say what you want about Rivera, but his teams tend to play hard-nosed defense. His dline rotation with the Skins is going to include the following players...

Chase Young
Montez Sweat
Daron Payne
Tim Settle
Matt Ioannidis
Jonathan Allen

All of these guys are 25 and younger. With the exception of Settle, all of them would probably be starters in Dallas. Meanwhile most of our oline enter their 30's starting next season. Any front office hire they make will most likely be an upgrade from Bruce Allen. If they can develop Haskins and continue to develop some of the nice skill players they've picked up from the draft then they will be formidable. I could be wrong, but Snyder seems to have gotten his wake up call with all the fan apathy that was evident this season.

As for the Giants, if they get Rhule then that will suck, because I think he's the next star coach in the NFL. The guy had Baylor highly competitive this year after the program received severe NCAA sanctions only a few years ago. I saw a dramatic improvement in the physicality of their defense, something you don't associate with Baylor. They played gritty like his defenses in Temple. Daniel Jacobs will be entering his second year so he should take a natural jump if he can start reading a blitz. If they get a couple of weapons for him like Jerry Jeudy from Alabama and a TE then they are going start showing some life as well. The thing is that defense is very talent deficient but a quality d-coordinator could mask some of that.

Both of these teams have big question marks - Redskins QB & the Giants D. But with the new coaches they have coming in and the blue-chip players they'll be able to add in the draft, it's not out of the question that both teams take a significant leap next season and make the division much more competitive then it has been recently. I'm doubt either one are going to win the NFCE next year, but I don't see us easily sweeping them like we've doing around here recently.
I love what the Skins did at DT in the draft.
They draft Jonathan Allen one year and then Daron Payne the next.
They could have been done there but then they draft Tim Settle later (a player a lot of us wanted in later rounds).
Marinelli would have never done this, with his ol "let's pick up questionable or trash players late and I'll coach em up" ass. :martin:

The Skins are about to be decent pretty quickly here. If Guice can beat this injury bug, he's gonna be a good RB on their O.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I love what the Skins did at DT in the draft.
They draft Jonathan Allen one year and then Daron Payne the next.
They could have been done there but then they draft Tim Settle later (a player a lot of us wanted in later rounds).
Marinelli would have never done this, with his ol "let's pick up questionable or trash players late and I'll coach em up" ass. :martin:

The Skins are about to be decent pretty quickly here. If Guice can beat this injury bug, he's gonna be a good RB on their O.

yep our window is closing soon.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Isn't Lamar Jackson?

There are a lot of WHITE Quarterbacks that can out run him :mindblown:

If they bringing in Roman, they might as well move on from Dak. Get Marriota and start over. And you can sign Marriota for way less.

No to Mariota.

Franchise Dak and draft a QB if no reasonable long term is reached. Matter of fact.. just franchise Dak now and look to fix this Defense

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yep our window is closing soon.
I don't think it's closing soon, we just need to tweak some things, change some players out and get new coaches and philosophies in.
This division will be closer to the NFC West though soon.
The Eagles will reload, the Giants will get better with Daniel and Barkley, and the Skins can be 49ers like in a couple of years.