Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
He was flawed too. The best player should get the start and he held Lewis behind two inferior corners for multiple seasons. fukk that. I’m cool with letting everybody go: we got too many weapons to be sitting at home like some dumbasses.

Yeah. I'm ready for a clean break. The entire staff.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Richard. I do. But Seattle let him go. And he wasn't offered a HC job this off-season.

He made improvements, but ultimately the defense didn't get it done at crucial moments and his fingerprints was all over it.

If he did get fired, ultimately look no further than his 2 starting corners. Byron Jones = zero interceptions. Chido = can't track the ball when its in the air.
the issues with our corners not playing the ball and playing the wr had been here long before Richards arrived. It’s been that way since Wade Phillips left. Our last good technically sound corner was Mike Jenkins and then he fell off as soon as Wade was out the door

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I like Richard. I do. But Seattle let him go. And he wasn't offered a HC job this off-season.

He made improvements, but ultimately the defense didn't get it done at crucial moments and his fingerprints was all over it.

If he did get fired, ultimately look no further than his 2 starting corners. Byron Jones = zero interceptions. Chido = can't track the ball when its in the air.
He was flawed too. The best player should get the start and he held Lewis behind two inferior corners for multiple seasons. fukk that. I’m cool with letting everybody go: we got too many weapons to be sitting at home like some dumbasses.
Not disputing any points here and not saying he was without flaw, i just didnt like the joint coordinator experiment

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the issues with our corners not playing the ball and playing the wr had been here long before Richards arrived. It’s been that way since Wade Phillips left. Our last good technically sound corner was Mike Jenkins and then he fell off as soon as Wade was out the door

He had 2 years tho. No change. That's on him.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
What concepts were they using in the running game?
They went to a power blocking scheme I believe. I'm not 100% sure tho. I remember reading an article about the scheme switch in the season thread. A change was definitely made. Dallas is a much better running team with the zone blocking scheme versus whatever scheme they switched to.

All I wanna see outta the next coaching staff is holding players accountable, making in game adjustments, an actual emphasis on special teams, and coming up with a system to fit your players versus making your players fit into a system.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
What concepts were they using in the running game?

They went to a power blocking scheme I believe. I'm not 100% sure tho. I remember reading an article about the scheme switch in the season thread. A change was definitely made. Dallas is a much better running team with the zone blocking scheme versus whatever scheme they switched to.

All I wanna see outta the next coaching staff is holding players accountable, making in game adjustments, an actual emphasis on special teams, and coming up with a system to fit your players versus making your players fit into a system.

Blame Scott Linehan and Jason Garrett :mjpls:

The cowboys had some of their best years running the ball under Callahan as he also coached the offensive lineman. He was fired and Garrett hired Linehan. Multiple coaches wanted more input in the offensive game plan but Linehan was having none of it. Frank Pollack was hired as the Oline coach in 2015 and even after Murray left, the running game was still decent. He was the O-line coach in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Zeke led the league in rushing yards per game his first 2 seasons. He was let go before 2018 because he wanted more input in the offensive game plan, and again, Linehan helped with his exit. Then they hired Sean Alexander who brought a power blocking scheme.. He basically fukked up the offensive line. Dak gets sacked 56 times in 2018. Alexander gets fired, but hire another recent former player to replace him in Marc Colombo.

This year, they've done a mix of zone and power blocking. But when you do that, there becomes confusing in the calls and knowing how and who to block.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
If they keep Moore then narrows down the list of HC candidates to about three. Campbell, Witten, and a couple of other puppets.

If Moore stays, then there won't be a new head coach.

Jerry Jones will continue to coach from the press box, and a new assistant head coach will be hired.

I mean seriously, what the hell was Garrett using those headphones for?

he had nothing to do with the defense, and he wasn't calling plays anymore so whats the point? :mindblown: