Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
As someone who grew up on the 90's cowboys, I was rooting for Garrett to succeed. But..he never got a legit shot from the moment he was hired.

1. He was hired before Wade, and was automatically assured to replace him which undermined Wade Phillips the entire time he was head coach.
2. He was never given total control over player personnel or coaching staff. Even in his final year, he had to deal with an offensive coordinator 3 years removed from being the backup quarterback, and a plethora of assistant coaches with no experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to another franchise and had success to be honest.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
P
He had a prime Dez, Witten. Miles Austin was still good. They had a legit offensive coordinator. Tyron Smith was in his 3rd season. DeMarco Murray and Felix Jones. Romo had enough weapons.

In fact, they had a decent team. And lost the last game on the year to a Rookie QB and RB.
You know Dez was hurt that year if we talking about 2012. He wasn’t even suppose to be playing. He played through a devastating band industry where Jerry was talking about taking something from
His hip to rebuild his finger lol and Dez got mad. That was also the year we had no running game. Murray was ineffective which is why Romo had all those 400 yard games. Our offensive line was bad that year. Our defense was one of the worst of all time that year. Don’t bring up Miles hamstring austin to me after 2010. You don’t remember that season.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Guarantee you Garrett stays with the Cowboys in some capacity. Consultant or some front office gig. Jerry Jones just can't let Jason go.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
As someone who grew up on the 90's cowboys, I was rooting for Garrett to succeed. But..he never got a legit shot from the moment he was hired.

1. He was hired before Wade, and was automatically assured to replace him which undermined Wade Phillips the entire time he was head coach.
2. He was never given total control over player personnel or coaching staff. Even in his final year, he had to deal with an offensive coordinator 3 years removed from being the backup quarterback, and a plethora of assistant coaches with no experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to another franchise and had success to be honest.
He never got a legit shot? Please re-phrase that. :unimpressed:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
He had a prime Dez, Witten. Miles Austin was still good. They had a legit offensive coordinator. Tyron Smith was in his 3rd season. DeMarco Murray and Felix Jones. Romo had enough weapons.

In fact, they had a decent team. And lost the last game on the year to a Rookie QB and RB.
A legit Offensive Coordinator :mjtf::gucci::unimpressed:

Garrett is miles worse than Moore, Linehan, and Callahan as a play-caller.

Romo was out there in a win and youre in game with Kevin Ogletree and Dwayne Harris as his wide receivers :scust:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
P

You know Dez was hurt that year if we talking about 2012. He wasn’t even suppose to be playing. He played through a devastating band industry where Jerry was talking about taking something from
His hip to rebuild his finger lol and Dez got mad. That was also the year we had no running game. Murray was ineffective which is why Romo had all those 400 yard games. Our offensive line was bad that year. Our defense was one of the worst of all time that year. Don’t bring up Miles hamstring austin to me after 2010. You don’t remember that season.

1. 2012 was Dez Bryant's break out year. he played every game and balled out.
2. Romo only had 3 games of 400+ yards, and ironically he lost all of them.
3. The running game was ineffective, because they wasn't trying to run. Demarco Murray ran for 253 yards the year prior, and had over 100 yards the first game of the year in 2012. Dallas was trying to run the offense through Romo though. Remember, they ended up signing Romo to an extension after the season was over. And what do you know.. Both Romo and Dak throw for near identical yards, during the season before they had to negotiate a new deal.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
He never got a legit shot? Please re-phrase that. :unimpressed:

He never had total autonomy. Neither did Bill Parcells, which is why he eventually quit. Neither did Wade Phillips, which is why the players eventually quit on him. Neither did Dave Campo. Neither did Chan Gailey.

Jimmy Johnson was basically the last coach that had total control over roster moves and coaching hires. And Jones fired him.

You see a pattern?

In all honestly, Garrett let his ambition get in the way of making a rational decision. He took a job after only being a QB coach for 2 seasons for a cowboys team that didn't even have a head coach yet. So he was walking into some fukkery.

Instead of going to an organization like Baltimore with a proven track record, he decides to stay in Dallas, because he saw early on that Wade Phillips wasn't going to be there long term. For all we know Jones told him in advance he was going to replace Wade. SO while I don't think Garrett got a fair shake, he's responsible for putting himself in that position in the first place. He definitely didn't take the job for 100% football reasons.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
He never had total autonomy. Neither did Bill Parcells, which is why he eventually quit. Neither did Wade Phillips, which is why the players eventually quit on him. Neither did Dave Campo. Neither did Chan Gailey.

Jimmy Johnson was basically the last coach that had total control over roster moves and coaching hires. And Jones fired him.

You see a pattern?

In all honestly, Garrett let his ambition get in the way of making a rational decision. He took a job after only being a QB coach for 2 seasons for a cowboys team that didn't even have a head coach yet. So he was walking into some fukkery.

Instead of going to an organization like Baltimore with a proven track record, he decides to stay in Dallas, because he saw early on that Wade Phillips wasn't going to be there long term. For all we know Jones told him in advance he was going to replace Wade. SO while I don't think Garrett got a fair shake, he's responsible for putting himself in that position in the first place. He definitely didn't take the job for 100% football reasons.
Outside of Belicheck and a handful of established coaches, I doubt most coaches have full 100% autonomy on personnel decisions. That's what a GM is for. People thinking dumb and dumber run this thing with an iron fist is one of the biggest myths of the Cowboys. Garrett definitely got his say on personnel and coaching staff matters he just had to collaborate with Jerry/Stephen. How else do you explain Keith O'Quinn and Ben Bloom being here his entire tenure and promoted to assistant roles with little to no resume? You think they were forced on Garrett, no those are Garrett's boys. Garrett had a say on two of the DC choices - Ryan & Marinelli. He also was the ultimate decision maker on rolling with Dak at the end of the '16 season and to strip down the oline when he first got the job. Dude definitely got more than a fair shake to build this thing the way he wanted. I don't want to hear any excuses for him.

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rhule is from New York tho :what:. He was even an assistant OL coach for the Giants in 2012.

Why would you want him to coach the Cowboys? :patrice:. Because of the Baylor/Texas ties? He's only been in Texas since 2017.

Nah. He wouldn't be a good fit.

I want Rhule because I think he's a great coach. I don't care he was on the Giants staff before.