Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to pay cooper cause we gave up a 1st round pick to get him :hula:we drafted byron with a 1st round pick but let him leave

Nah. Gotta pay both and draft another QB and let your new coach have his own system

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Nah. Gotta pay both and draft another QB and let your new coach have his own system

giphy.gif

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Like he has a choice :heh:

A coach’s job is to coach the players the general manager provides him

If Dak leaves, what is McCarthy going to do? Resign? :unimpressed:
A couple weeks ago when Stephen Jones was on 105.3 he was talking about how McCarthy is all in on Dak. The conversation happened during the interview process so it could have been what he needed to say to get the job, hopefully, but the way he was talking, it made me think Dak gettin' the bag.

Daps
I don't think Mike takes the job if he knows they don't plan on having Dak at QB but plan to, say, move up to Herbert. That's just me, though, could be 100% wrong lol

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look we gotta keep it a buck at this point. Dak will be qb for the foreseeable future and will probably get somewhere between 35-38m. And I see alot of folks already ready to blame the future failure of the boys on that contract. But let's not give the front office a pass like that. They still have plenty of money to fill the holes. Once we pay dak and amari we will have zero holes to fill on one side of the ball. Then you take into account having a premier DE and young LB core, we just got to find help at DT, S, and CB. I think a competent front office should be able to do that between the draft and free agency.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Look we gotta keep it a buck at this point. Dak will be qb for the foreseeable future and will probably get somewhere between 35-38m. And I see alot of folks already ready to blame the future failure of the boys on that contract. But let's not give the front office a pass like that. They still have plenty of money to fill the holes. Once we pay dak and amari we will have zero holes to fill on one side of the ball. Then you take into account having a premier DE and young LB core, we just got to find help at DT, S, and CB. I think a competent front office should be able to do that between the draft and free agency.
Zero holes?
Questionable QB
#1WR who only shows up at home
Aging OL
TE/backup TE