Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
It's actually the opposite thing that is crazy. It's crazy to say I don't like this thing so I don't want it, but I do need an alternative to this thing but I am not going to worry about that because I want to get rid of the original thing now...

Like I said...that is how you end up with Kase Keenum as your quarterback...because all you cared about was getting rid of Dak...

But what is about Dak that you like?

What does he have that you don't think can be replaced?

Do you think that a below average QB could be elevated given the talent that Dallas has?

Do you think an average QB could excel?

Kase Keenum is as least as good or better than Dak in our system imo.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

Do you think that a below average QB could be elevated given the talent that Dallas has?

Preach

Case fukkin Keenum took the Vikings to the NFCCG two years ago with lesser talent on offense than we have here

nikkas really gonna tell me Case Keenum cant beat:

Giants 2x
Redskins 2x
Dolphins
Lions
Eagles
Rams

with the talent we have on offense?

The two winning teams Dak beat, the defense shut them down :heh:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Preach

Case fukkin Keenum took the Vikings to the NFCCG two years ago with lesser talent on offense than we have here

Giants 2x
Redskins 2x
Dolphins
Lions
Eagles
Rams

Case Keenum def ain’t beating the eagles :mjlol:

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Preach

Giants 2x
Redskins 2x
Dolphins
Lions
Eagles
Rams

I ain't preaching. I legit want to know.

He reads two progressions, he doesn't scramble, is inaccurate - those are the reasons I don't care if we moved on.

I hate to bring up Romo but he was a gunslinger and tried to do too much at times but when we established ourselves as a running team, Demarco ate and when you put safeties in the box, Romo would make you pay.

Dak isn't capable of that. 4th year and teams are still stacking the box and daring you to beat them. Sure it happened but not frequently enough for teams to say, "damn Dak is gonna pick us apart if we load the box"...so as a result, the running game looked/was stagnant at time, we fell behind against good teams and Dak put up numbers that @duckbutta fell in love with.

An accurate QB makes this team a juggernaut.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'll just leave that there. He's shown the ability to consistently complete the deep ball. With Coop and Gallup, that's a valuable skill. We were down too many games to properly utilize the run to set-up the pass, but regardless, his deep ball accuracy passes the eye test and numbers tests.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

I'll just leave that there. He's shown the ability to consistently complete the deep ball. With Coop and Gallup, that's a valuable skill. We were down too many games to properly utilize the run to set-up the pass, but regardless, his deep ball accuracy passes the eye test and numbers tests.

You have one that shows 3rd down deep balls?

Deep balls against 1 on 1 coverage?

A chart that shows deep balls when a WR is running wide open vs 2-3 yards of separation?

I didn't even look at it honestly cause you presented it like it's suppose to make me believe he's good at it lol

edit: and while you're at it if you can find a chart that shows how many WRs have "targets" on uncatchable passes.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
We were down in games, yes, only a few times where it was a big enough defecit to abandon the run. That was one of my biggest problems with the coaching staff this season. Abandoned the running game way too early in games. Made no fukking sense.