Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Who cares what he’ll say :heh: I cant point to a single game and say “we couldnt have won that without Byron Jones”

There is where I would point out that by virtue of Byron being one of the least thrown at corners in football, and giving up the fewest receptions in football, there are these scoring opportunities that don't exist against our defense because teams are hesitant to throw at Byron, and when they do it is rarely a big play...and thus if you let him leave...these scoring opportunities are going to start to exist if you do not replace him with a guy that quarterbacks are hesitant to throw at...

But looking at the last 3 pages in this thread...it seems like it would be a waste of time to even bring stuff like that up...

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If we do let Byron go we better address the secondary early in the draft. Hell we need to address it anyway and try and find a playmaker back there finally.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
I get that Byron is consistently good. But you can't keep paying the same guys who don't make plays on the ball and expect turnovers.

Amari has single handedly won games for this team. He won that Washington and Philly game with dominant performances back in 2018. And he showed up in the playoffs. He clearly wasn't 100% last season and still put up 79 catches for 1,200 and 8 TD's.

When has Byron ever won us a game? He's been on the wrong side of history when it comes to game clinching plays. Let Jared Cook get behind you with under 10 seconds left brehs.

If they're going to make someone the highest paid at their position, give the $ to the guy who is a legitimate game changer. That's Amari.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
So what is the don't play Byron crew going to say when he gone and the guy who replaces him is getting destroyed...?

Whatever your opinion of Byron Jones is the fact is that he is one of the least thrown at corners in the league and there is a reason for that...

I wonder what Byron will say when he goes to KC and wins a superbowl next year...

You know...like 15 % of our former defense did this year...
Or we can just let him go, like they did the entire secondary a few seasons ago.

People thought this secondary would be in trouble when we let Carr, Claiborne, JJ Wilcox, and Church all walk in the same off-season:mjlol: What are those 4 up to these days?

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Or we can just let him go, like they did the entire secondary a few seasons ago.

People thought this secondary would be in trouble when we let Carr, Claiborne, JJ Wilcox, and Church all walk in the same off-season:mjlol: What are those 4 up to these days?

Glassbourne got a ring tho.

But I agree I’m all for letting Byron walk.

Let the mute walk too. Can’t stand his baby ass

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Brehs I cant co-sign the let Byron go because of a lack of INTs angle

1. No one in our secondary has gotten INTs

2. Technique they were being taught was TRASH

3. Brandon Carr went from getting 1 INT in 3 seasons to getting 4 in his first season in Baltimore

4. Who do we get to replace him? A rookie will certainly not be as good and a free agent that is on his level or better that does get INTS (are there any free agents on the market like this?) will be even more costly

Keep Byron and use the draft and free agency to beef up the DL

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Brehs I cant co-sign the let Byron go because of a lack of INTs angle

1. No one in our secondary has gotten INTs

2. Technique they were being taught was TRASH

3. Brandon Carr went from getting 1 INT in 3 seasons to getting 4 in his first season in Baltimore

4. Who do we get to replace him? A rookie will certainly not be as good and a free agent that is on his level or better that does get INTS (are there any free agents on the market like this?) will be even more costly

Keep Byron and use the draft and free agency to beef up the DL