Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water

Let's get to chopping this fable.

Hopkins - he got smoked off the LOS and never gets his head turned around. This is a TD if Watson puts the ball closer to the sideline. Hopkins also went for 9 catches 151 yards in this game.
Michael Thomas - this is a good play.
McLaurin - terribly underthrown ball. There's no safety in the middle of the field, if Keenum doesn't throw a duck thats a 80 yard TD.
Mike Evans - good defensive play, poor technique. Face guarding the WR 20 yards down the field instead of using the sideline as leverage to keep his back to the WR and make a play on the ball. interception left on the field.
Julio - not really a highlight worthy play, it was going nowhere.
Roby Anderson - good play, another pick left on the field because his back is to the QB.
Bills & Jags - both good plays.

He's a #2 corner (at best) that they would have to pay like a #1. Recipe for disaster.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
All of that is true but why get rid of a very good player b/c he's not GREAT...and then replace him with an average one:patrice:

There's not even a corner available who's better for us to throw money at:patrice:

I'd rather pay an average guy average money than to pay an average guy elite money. Corner is one position that if you're paying you have to get it right. This is probably all moot as this team missed its window to cash in while Dak and Zeke were on rookie deals.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Only way I'm bringing in Jones is if he's taking a team friendly deal. I would give them a team friendly deal in shoes so I say get your money :manny: You get some pass rush ion here and an average CB that takes the ball away, you wouldn't know Byron is gone.

Reputation has a lot to do with it for sure but when Jones was targeted, nigggas ate.

:manny:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don’t pay the corners until you get the front seven right, specifically the front 4 because those corners ain’t shyt without a pass rush. Pass on Jones. I rather give the money to Quinn

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

From the eye test he just doesn't check off enough boxes for me to want to pay. Doesn't consistently travel the field, can't consistently play the elite guys to a draw if he was asked, doesn't make game changing plays.

I've been on this train for months. There's ONE player on the team that consistently does his job, home or away, hot or cold weather, and doesn't require "weapons" to do so...

Idk why you would let him go

Only way I'm bringing in Jones is if he's taking a team friendly deal. I would give them a team friendly deal in shoes so I say get your money :manny: You get some pass rush ion here and an average CB that takes the ball away, you wouldn't know Byron is gone.

Reputation has a lot to do with it for sure but when Jones was targeted, nigggas ate.

:manny:

Hol up, Jones only had 2 interceptions in his entire career??? :gucci:

Watch him go to Denver and get 3 next season. :unimpressed:

Just an FYI, he's the Bronco's number 1 free agent target.

They need to at least tender or even franchise him :manny:

Either way they can't let him walk for nothing.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
I'd rather pay an average guy average money than to pay an average guy elite money. Corner is one position that if you're paying you have to get it right. This is probably all moot as this team missed its window to cash in while Dak and Zeke were on rookie deals.
Bro I think I was replying to you and made this exact analogy so I apologize if we've had this same disagreement but...

I feel you. Paying $200 for a pair of white AF1's isn't appealing...but our only other option is a pair of Keds breh:francis:

So if it's overpaid Byron at CB1 or fairly compensated Chido at CB1 (:sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:) then I don't even see how that's a question.

Plus this is the NFL...if we draft a stud CB or if Stephon Gilmore fails a drug test and gets cut then we just cut Byron and eat the cap hit for a year or two:yeshrug:

We AT LEAST need to tag him.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
You don’t pay the corners until you get the front seven right, specifically the front 4 because those corners ain’t shyt without a pass rush. Pass on Jones. I rather give the money to Quinn
Imagine an entire season of our 2013 game vs the Broncos

Except Dak Prescott is our QB instead of Tony

Because that's what it would be like without Byron Jones.

Literally every other player in our secondary is either bad or below average

Broncos vs. Cowboys - Game Summary - October 6, 2013 - ESPN <- whole season of this...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I mean we were a game away from the NFC championship. How can you blame him for having expectations? We were young and poised to get better.
They barely beat a mediocre Seahawks team at home and then got blown out against the Rams, they were not 1 game away from the NFCCG that year.
I've been on this train for months. There's ONE player on the team that consistently does his job, home or away, hot or cold weather, and doesn't require "weapons" to do so...

Idk why you would let him go
Because he doesn't warrant a big money contract. You don't overpay for a player just because he's "solid", and elite or very good CBs get ints and play big against big competition.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
smh, Chido had bad plays- maybe you can say a bad game here and there and ya'll act like that niggga sucks

He ain't Nate Jones, Mario Edwards or non of that :gucci:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Because he doesn't warrant a big money contract. You don't overpay for a player just because he's "solid", and elite or very good CBs get ints and play big against big competition.
Players get paid based on:

1. Talent level
2. Fit/Uniqueness/Expendability
3. Health

Bryon is healthy, he's moderately talented, and most importantly he plays a position that is not easily replaced by rookies/undrafted/old vets (which is obvious because we don't have a single other DB worth a damn). He also knows the system.

What is our plan for moving forward without him besides "Start Jourdan Lewis and pray?"

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
smh, Chido had bad plays- maybe you can say a bad game here and there and ya'll act like that niggga sucks

He ain't Nate Jones, Mario Edwards or non of that :gucci:
Come on bro:comeon:

There's two reasons why Bryon's numbers look so good...one of them is that Chido gets beat so often that you should always throw to his side anyway:snoop:

(The other is that we suck ass at stopping the run btw)

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Come on bro:comeon:

There's two reasons why Bryon's numbers look so good...one of them is that Chido gets beat so often that you should always throw to his side anyway:snoop:

(The other is that we suck ass at stopping the run btw)
Where are the WRs that ate good off Chido then?

I get the narrative. Teams attacked Chido more than Jones and nikkas are gonna be beat but gettin' beat doesn't mean toast.

nikka has it but the coaching failed our secondary, "play the player, not the ball"

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They barely beat a mediocre Seahawks team at home and then got blown out against the Rams, they were not 1 game away from the NFCCG that year.

They did not get blown out my the rams, it was a 1 possession game for the majority of the game. :gucci: