Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
McKinney would be better in the box and covering tight ends. Delpit is more of a centerfielder type. I mean, they both could do either, but that's how I think you'd get the best out of them
McKinney can do it all he can play centerfield too or cover the slot at times as well. Delpit can't cover anybody one on one and missed a ton of tackles this season

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

I'm telling y'all. We're going to sorely miss B. Jones next year if he walks. Man look at X Woods in coverage on some of those plays:snoop: Late to the ball, bad footwork..slipping and sliding. We're in trouble if he's back there with the DB's we have on the roster.

Last edited:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I mean we were a game away from the NFC championship. How can you blame him for having expectations? We were young and poised to get better.
We were two times in the last 5 years but we were short of it for a reason. Mostly due to coaching but we also didn’t have the players especially on the defensive line.

Daps
I'm kinda at the point where we back a bit in the draft. Pick up a few more picks. Think we can get Delpit/McKinney at say, 23 rather than 17/18 and pick up an extra pick. Outside of safety and DL, this draft class got some guys at CB and WR in rounds 3-4.

Kinda lean towards:

Sign Dak
Sign Cooper
Tag Quinn
Let Jones walk/sign Anthony Brown
Free agency for a starting DL piece (not totally against bringing back Collins)
move back, go S, DL, CB in the draft.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
From the eye test he just doesn't check off enough boxes for me to want to pay. Doesn't consistently travel the field, can't consistently play the elite guys to a draw if he was asked, doesn't make game changing plays.
All of that is true but why get rid of a very good player b/c he's not GREAT...and then replace him with an average one:patrice:

There's not even a corner available who's better for us to throw money at:patrice: