Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If Jerry and Stephen are not set on Dak (and i can see why not) then they need a strong contingency plan if we dont resign him. Could we give him something like 3 years 90 million with an out after a year or two if he doesn't perform? I'm scared of the franchise tag cause then his price only goes up and if we let him go for nothing then it could come back to bite us. The only thing about it is i doubt he would accept 30 mill a year at this point even though it would be more than a fair offer in my opinion.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The man loves the DALLAS COWBOYS, just like each and every one of us. Isn't that what we want as fans from our players- real passion for the star?
He thinks that Jerry & Stephen are family but they cut him and didn't think twice about it. Do you honestly think that this is a good look for him? Dez passed up a chance to play with Lamar Jackson and Drew Brees(first time) because he was holding onto the idea of the Cowboys bringing him back, that's just bad decision making right there.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
He thinks that Jerry & Stephen are family but they cut him and didn't think twice about it. Do you honestly think that this is a good look for him? Dez passed up a chance to play with Lamar Jackson and Drew Brees(first time) because he was holding onto the idea of the Cowboys bringing him back, that's just bad decision making right there.
When did he turn down the Saints? Nobody expected Lamar Jackson to do what he did, but I hear you - he might have overrated his value by turning down that Ravens offer. I think Dez, being a lifelong Texas boy, didn't feel comfortable leaving that far from home. I also think it took him awhile to truly accept him getting cut and went into a depression once he internalized he was no longer a Cowboy. As much as he likes to portray himself as some savvy cut-throat business man on Twitter, that's not who he really. Once he is comfortable with you, he is loyal to a fault. He views the Cowboys as family instead of business which is why his actions sometimes come off desperate. But I've long accepted what Dez is and I've decided I appreciate his openness and honesty. You don't see that with athletes these days. I hope the Cowboys give him another chance.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
When did he turn down the Saints? Nobody expected Lamar Jackson to do what he did, but I hear you - he might have overrated his value by turning down that Ravens offer. I think Dez, being a lifelong Texas boy, didn't feel comfortable leaving that far from home. I also think it took him awhile to truly accept him getting cut and went into a depression once he internalized he was no longer a Cowboy. As much as he likes to portray himself as some savvy cut-throat business man on Twitter, that's not who he really. Once he is comfortable with you, he is loyal to a fault. He views the Cowboys as family instead of business which is why his actions sometimes come off desperate. But I've long accepted what Dez is and I've decided I appreciate his openness and honesty. You don't see that with athletes these days. I hope the Cowboys give him another chance.
The Saints reached out to him shortly after the Ravens did, the only reason he got another chance with the Saints is because they were still desperate for a WR. As for the Cowboys giving him another chance I don't think Dak wants him back in the locker room, I think the players on offense have moved on and are happier without him.

Ghpstface

Kanye West fan
Daps
Reppin
Ice Cream Castle
Y'all are either too scared to see or don't want to know what happens if we let him walk
tenor.gif

And you should be too

CP3_da_OG

Pro
Daps
tenor.gif

And you should be too
Nah homie, I already know what it is, ain't nothing to be scared of.

We'll take a step back, maybe a couple. I'm ok with that, been down for 30 years. But I'm not scared because I know we aren't winning with Dak. So we can just not win without this average ass nikka

The only way to fix this is to actually find a franchise QB, not just settle for what were stuck with, then sign up for more

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Nah homie, I already know what it is, ain't nothing to be scared of.

We'll take a step back, maybe a couple. I'm ok with that, been down for 30 years. But I'm not scared because I know we aren't winning with Dak. So we can just not win without this average ass nikka

The only way to fix this is to actually find a franchise QB, not just settle for what were stuck with, then sign up for more
These dudes just scarred of the unknown. I don't know why though. We don't sign him at worst we still don't make the playoffs with a worse record and potentially get Lawrence if we stink bad enough. This dude Dak isn't good against the better teams. He's a stat padding front runner. Outside of the rookie year how many games can you think of where he was the main reason the team won where he was balling out of control? I'm pretty sure there is a game or two but I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head. I wish dude was fully white so dudes wouldn't be getting their SAS on talking about the average white dudes getting paid so why shouldn't he. Like all of our parents have said before if them dudes jump off the bridge you going to follow them?

Last edited:

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Hopefully he smokes weed on IG live or something right before the draft so we can get him at 51 :mjlit:
That or we could trade back from 17 if our guy isn't there for a later 1st and earlier 2nd and scoop him up then. After the combine, Dallas Day, and his Pro Day - I doubt he makes it past 40.