Dak Does Dallas - The Dallas Cowboys '21 Offseason Thread

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kyle Rudolph just got released by Vikes after 10 seasons. I know we got Jarwin and Schultz but do we need him.

Already too many mouths to feed.

That's why I laugh at mock drafts that got the Cowboys drafting Kyle Pitts.

onffwv8sirr3uwcsn4cb.jpg

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Non-Exclusive Tag this overrated ass mulatto.

Two 1st round picks for the next couple of drafts. :wow::blessed::mj:
0% chance that happens breh

The Joneses fcuked up by not paying him after 2018 when he had no leverage

No team that needs a QB is giving up a pick that could be used to draft a QB for Dak Prescott

They would just draft their QB instead:beli:

So now we'd have to get lucky THREE TIMES IN A ROW with Romo, Prescott and whoever is next up

We're probably screwed unless we trade 6 firsts (im mostly joking) for Watson or some dumb shyt like that

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No team that needs a QB is giving up a pick that could be used to draft a QB for Dak Prescott

So now we'd have to get lucky THREE TIMES IN A ROW with Romo, Prescott and whoever is next up

We're probably screwed unless we trade 6 firsts (im mostly joking) for Watson or some dumb shyt like that

The Bears and Football Team are not in a position to draft one of these top QBs breh.

Let him see what's his true market value is

Non-Exclusive Tag is a win-win for the Cowboys.

Cowboys hold all of the leverage if no team offer him a deal.

Cowboys get two 1st round picks if a team offer him a deal.

Dak isn't a Super Bowl winning QB anyway. So, it's best they move on no matter what.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
The Bears and Football Team are not in a position to draft one of these top QBs breh.

Let him see what's his true market value is

Non-Exclusive Tag is a win-win for the Cowboys.

Cowboys hold all of the leverage if no team offer him a deal.

Cowboys get two 1st round picks if a team offer him a deal.
2 questions...

1. If they're not in a position to draft a top QB then what good are their 1st round picks to us??:dwillhuh:

2. Would the Eagles have been any better this year if Carson Wentz was making 5mil? Or the Rams any better if Goff was making 3mil? The Vikings if Cousins made 2mil?

People keep talking about overpaying and yet....

I'm trying to figure out where all these young cheap QB's are at that are winning playoff games:whoo:

Cuz all I see are guys who are either getting carried (Tannehill), guys who were the highest paid players ever at one point (Wilson, Rodgers, Goff, etc) and guys who aren't good enough yet (Allen, Jackson) and ONE extreme outlier in Mahomes

So unless you think we can get a Mahomes level player with the Bears' draft pick then...what the fukk are we doing:why:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 questions...

1. If they're not in a position to draft a top QB then what good are their 1st round picks to us??
:dwillhuh:

2. Would the Eagles have been any better this year if Carson Wentz was making 5mil? Or the Rams any better if Goff was making 3mil? The Vikings if Cousins made 2mil?

People keep talking about overpaying and yet....

I'm trying to figure out where all these young cheap QB's are at that are winning playoff games:whoo:

Cuz all I see are guys who are either getting carried (Tannehill), guys who were the highest paid players ever at one point (Wilson, Rodgers, Goff, etc) and guys who aren't good enough yet (Allen, Jackson) and ONE extreme outlier in Mahomes

So unless you think we can get a Mahomes level player with the Bears' draft pick then...what the fukk are we doing:why:

Do you understand that the Cowboys would've an extra 1st round pick in 2021 & 2022? :mjtf:

The Cowboys can easily use that draft capital to trade up for Justin Fields. :heh:

Pay a garbage time stat padder bus driver $42+ million that will kill your cap breh. :heh:

You are using that same tired argument that was used for Romo. :heh:

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Do you understand that the Cowboys would've an extra 1st round pick in 2021 & 2022? :mjtf:

The Cowboys can easily use that draft capital to trade up for Justin Fields. :heh:

Pay a garbage time stat padder bus driver $42+ million that will kill your cap breh. :heh:

You are using that same tired argument that was used for Romo. :heh:
I just don't see it breh:yeshrug:

This is not a team that's (currently) built for a young QB or a mediocre one who can game manage

Nor do we have a front office OR a coaching staff that has proven capable of building that kind of team

Nor are we currently in a position where blowing up the team would even help us since none of our big contract guys are worth what we're paying them

It just seems counter-intuitive to try to fix the QB "problem" on a team who can't pass block, can barely run the ball, can't defend the pass, can't defend the run, and is incredibly average on special teams

I said it last year and I'll say it again...letting Dak walk is like saying "I'm not paying $299.99 for a pair of Air Force 1's" and then walking to the mall barefoot instead

And then telling everybody how much money you saved while you enter Denver Broncos QB hell

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago

It can be looked at that way. But they were probably hesitant on doing that. Remember, while we did go to the playoffs, he can thank Amari for bailing his azz out and the defense playing well. Without Amari, I fully believe that team was headed for 6-10 at best. They wanted to see how he performed with them the next year and he failed.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is not a team that's (currently) built for a young QB or a mediocre one who can game manage

Nor do we have a front office OR a coaching staff that has proven capable of building that kind of team

Nor are we currently in a position where blowing up the team would even help us since none of our big contract guys are worth what we're paying them

It just seems counter-intuitive to try to fix the QB "problem" on a team who can't pass block, can barely run the ball, can't defend the pass, can't defend the run, and is incredibly average on special teams

I said it last year and I'll say it again...letting Dak walk is like saying "I'm not paying $299.99 for a pair of Air Force 1's" and then walking to the mall barefoot instead

And then telling everybody how much money you saved while you enter Denver Broncos QB hell

This team isn't also built for a $42 million dollars QB as well :heh:

What has the Cowboys won in the last 5 years to be talking about the Broncos situation.

This same tired argument was used for Romo and that only gave you 2 playoffs victories in 10 years. :heh:

I think some of you are just happy to ride on the 8-8 treadmill. :heh:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Finally someone with some sense. People complain about not being able to build the team then suggest giving up first-round picks and letting go of a good qb to replace him with a player that is a huge unknown...then what? Just sign a bunch of dudes with limited cap space and pray the guy is good in a few years...yea...solid strategy

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It can be looked at that way. But they were probably hesitant on doing that. Remember, while we did go to the playoffs, he can thank Amari for bailing his azz out and the defense playing well. Without Amari, I fully believe that team was headed for 6-10 at best. They wanted to see how he performed with them the next year and he failed.
Yall kill me with shyt. When the cowboys have a winning season, its everyone but dak. When they have losing, season its all on dak. Gotta be more nuanced than that. The team was 1-3 when dak went out, but we all know no qb was winning with the defense giving up historical yardage. No qb is winning with that.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Dak looked like the worst QB in the league until Amari came to town.

I dont blame the front-office at all for not doing a deal back then

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Dak looked like the worst QB in the league until Amari came to town.

I dont blame the front-office at all for not doing a deal back then
I wouldn't say he looked like the worst QB...it was just that he was so up and down his 3rd year starting. Like he started out with a stinker only scoring 8 points against Carolina with Zeke playing well that year. Then he looks better against Giants next week. Then he had another stinker (against Seattle) the following week. Cooper coming did help savage that season. Dak should be happy to be our QB especially with the O-line he had his first 2 years and he always had decent to good weapons except his 3rd year before Cooper came. I don't get his thinking cuz he could have been in much worst situations like Darnold (Jets) and Stafford (Lions) for example. Hell, even tho Ravens are a much better overall team...but Lamar never even had a true #1 receiver. Dak did have Dez (albeit not in his prime Dak's second year) and Cooper.