Dak Does Dallas - The Dallas Cowboys '21 Offseason Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't say he looked like the worst QB...it was just that he was so up and down his 3rd year starting. Like he started out with a stinker only scoring 8 points against Carolina with Zeke playing well that year. Then he looks better against Giants next week. Then he had another stinker (against Seattle) the following week. Cooper coming did help savage that season. Dak should be happy to be our QB especially with the O-line he had his first 2 years and he always had decent to good weapons except his 3rd year before Cooper came. I don't get his thinking cuz he could have been in much worst situations like Darnold (Jets) and Stafford (Lions) for example. Hell, even tho Ravens are a much better overall team...but Lamar never even had a true #1 receiver. Dak did have Dez (albeit not in his prime Dak's second year) and Cooper.
He had a rating of 87 and averaged 200 ypg and 1 TD :yeshrug:

The only QBs that ended the season with a worse passer rating than that were:

Flacco (last year as a starter)
Keenum
Bortles (last year as a starter)
Darnold (Rookie)
Allen (Rookie)
Rosen (Rookie)

Maybe “Worst” is hyperbole, but he was playing amongst the worst. Also lets not forget how he ended 2017.

His last 16 games, prior to the arrival of Cooper, these were his numbers:

62% completion
3172 yards
16 TDs
13 Ints
82.2 passer rating

Thats a whole season worth of games and he was a below average QB. It was incredibly risky to give an inconsistent QB at the time, a $30m + contract.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Which would you rather be?

Pretenders year in/out and make the playoffs every other year (maybe) with a divisional round playoff exit

or

Terrible to the point where Jerry has no choice BUT to change how he does things

:jbhmm:

Easy choice for me. The Dak Prescott era peaked 5 years ago and has been downhill ever since :heh:

Did he change up after the dave campo era?

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Yall kill me with shyt. When the cowboys have a winning season, its everyone but dak. When they have losing, season its all on dak. Gotta be more nuanced than that. The team was 1-3 when dak went out, but we all know no qb was winning with the defense giving up historical yardage. No qb is winning with that.
It also didn’t help that Dak and the offense at times put the defense in bad spots as well. The offense contributed to those losses. Daks turnovers contributed to the Seattle loss. The defense was bad but the offense was non existent in the first half as well in that 1-3 start.

down 29-10 to Atlanta with us having three turnovers in our own territory in the first half.

down 41-14 to Cleveland in the third quarter before Cleveland played prevent the rest of the game. Offense played ok in the first but was nowhere to be found in the second and third quarter.

Seattle up 16-15, Dak turns the ball over in our half, Seattle scores just before halftime and it’s 23-15. We get the ball first after halftime, Dak again turns the ball over in our half, Seattle scores on a short field an it’s 30-15. Defense should make stops but offense should also not turn the ball over consistently giving their offense a short field.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
He had a rating of 87 and averaged 200 ypg and 1 TD :yeshrug:

The only QBs that ended the season with a worse passer rating than that were:

Flacco (last year as a starter)
Keenum
Bortles (last year as a starter)
Darnold (Rookie)
Allen (Rookie)
Rosen (Rookie)

Maybe “Worst” is hyperbole, but he was playing amongst the worst. Also lets not forget how he ended 2017.

His last 16 games, prior to the arrival of Cooper, these were his numbers:

62% completion
3172 yards
16 TDs
13 Ints
82.2 passer rating

Thats a whole season worth of games and he was a below average QB. It was incredibly risky to give an inconsistent QB at the time, a $30m + contract.
U cherrypicked some with using last half his 2nd year and 1st half his 3rd year but u make some points. He wasn't good that time frame and his play had some concerns.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It also didn’t help that Dak and the offense at times put the defense in bad spots as well. The offense contributed to those losses. Daks turnovers contributed to the Seattle loss. The defense was bad but the offense was non existent in the first half as well in that 1-3 start.

down 29-10 to Atlanta with us having three turnovers in our own territory in the first half.

down 41-14 to Cleveland in the third quarter before Cleveland played prevent the rest of the game. Offense played ok in the first but was nowhere to be found in the second and third quarter.

Seattle up 16-15, Dak turns the ball over in our half, Seattle scores just before halftime and it’s 23-15. We get the ball first after halftime, Dak again turns the ball over in our half, Seattle scores on a short field an it’s 30-15. Defense should make stops but offense should also not turn the ball over consistently giving their offense a short field.
I mean interceptions are a part of the game, every qb throw them. Brady threw 3 in the nfc championship. But his defense isn't giving up 35 ppg. Complaining g about a few picks when the qb shredding passing records is kinda petty imo.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yall kill me with shyt. When the cowboys have a winning season, its everyone but dak. When they have losing, season its all on dak. Gotta be more nuanced than that. The team was 1-3 when dak went out, but we all know no qb was winning with the defense giving up historical yardage. No qb is winning with that.
FOH. You're the opposite side of the same coin regarding bold. Take your own advice and be more nuanced than that.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I mean interceptions are a part of the game, every qb throw them. Brady threw 3 in the nfc championship. But his defense isn't giving up 35 ppg. Complaining g about a few picks when the qb shredding passing records is kinda petty imo.
It isn't petty. It is offering a point where you think the offense was without fault. You look at the stats and scoreline and think the offense did their job. The offense only did their jobs when teams get big leads on them because they couldn't
1, move the ball and 2, turn the ball over multiple times per game. I don't care how good your defense could be. When your offense turns the ball over multiple times in your own territory in every game, you will not win many games.