Daily Office Life At Death Row (UPDATED With More General Fukkery)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
From googling the lyrics some sites say red some say rad, Never heard of rad unless it is some west coast lingo I'm not up on...rag would make sense as well though.

[Verse 4: Warren G]
Hey now you know
Inhale, exhale with my flow

One for the money, two for the bytches
Three to get ready and four to hit the switches
In my Chevy, '64 -- red to be exact
With bytches on my side and bytches on my back
So back up, bytch, because I'm struggling
So get on your knees and then start juggling
These motherfukking nuts in your mouth
It's me, Warren G the nikka with the clout
It's rag, as in rag top.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep thinking of all these hilarious scenarios.

Imagine the non affiliated employees having to walk around with kool aid rubbed on their lips.

hanging up sheets on their office doors

dudes lifting weights in the breakroom

You try to file a complaint with HR and he slaps the shyt out of you for being a snitch.

Having a ridiculously high office supply bill because all the office supplies keep getting turned into weapons

:russ:
Bruh:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
eazy-e was cool with Orlando he even shouts out Southside on a song that's where orlando was from.. Orlando was the guy they jumped in vegas.

2my4lknS0zY.jpg
:ohhh:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Def Jam wasnt around?

Some things are just common sense

Not to defend Suge...

But @Stuntone is Right!!!

What SUGE was doing was grundbreaking he was the first black music mogul to own his own masters and have sovereign control over his imprint...

You couldnt say the same about Russell and Def Jam whom by this time had already been hijacked by the corporate bosses at Polygram

Suge was really doing the indy thing long before Master P and Birdman took flight no pun intended

So in reality he had NO BLUEPRINT to follow...

Because no black men had the kind of leverage Suge had....not even BERRY GORDY!!

even his own mentor dikk Griffey whom founded Solar (soul train) records with Don Cornelius was envious at what Suge was ale to accomplish

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Not to defend Suge...

What SUGE was doing was grundbreaking he was the first black music mogul to own his own masters and have sovereign control over his imprint...

You couldnt say the same about Russell and Def Jam whom by this time had already been hijacked by the corporate bosses at Polygram

Suge was really doing the indy thing long before Master P and Birdman took flight no pun intended

Because no black men had the kind of leverage Suge had....not even BERRY GORDY!!

even his own mentor dikk Griffey whom founded Solar (soul train) records with Don Cornelius was envious at what Suge was ale to accomplish

No

Eric Wright was the 1st

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Not to defend Suge...

I know you said Griffey may have been jealous, but according to him on the old Welcome To Death Row documentary, Death Row got a "regular ol'" P&D deal with Interscope even tho they wanted to own their masters & all. Dont know if theres any validity to it tho.

I just wonder HOW Suge was able to get that power you speak of. Or P. Or Birdman. I somewhat know of Suges history and only a little of P & Baby. But what them not also get hijacked by the corps like Russell for example? Or give them that much money & push vs anybody else?

Like from my understanding, Cash Money pretty much was Universals version of a trendy market & label - No Limit. And i know P was almost a B-ball star, had family that owned record stores (and i think Baby/Slim family owned businesses prior too) & such. Reason i bring these things up is i wonder if any of that relates to the power they got.

Cant just be "well they did a great deal". Cuz thats all relative. And everybody doesnt just get offered "great deals", especially in the entertainment biz.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I know you said Griffey may have been jealous, but according to him on the old Welcome To Death Row documentary, Death Row got a "regular ol'" P&D deal with Interscope even tho they wanted to own their masters & all. Dont know if theres any validity to it tho.

I just wonder HOW Suge was able to get that power you speak of. Or P. Or Birdman. I somewhat know of Suges history and only a little of P & Baby. But what them not also get hijacked by the corps like Russell for example? Or give them that much money & push vs anybody else?

Like from my understanding, Cash Money pretty much was Universals version of a trendy market & label - No Limit. And i know P was almost a B-ball star, had family that owned record stores (and i think Baby/Slim family owned businesses prior too) & such. Reason i bring these things up is i wonder if any of that relates to the power they got.

Cant just be "well they did a great deal". Cuz thats all relative. And everybody doesnt just get offered "great deals", especially in the entertainment biz.

Cash Money was doing 60k-250K independent with basically no videos...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Not to defend Suge...

thats really only because Suge fit the mold of what the record industry had been up to that point.
A bunch of corporate types run around by gangsters.

Suge was just the black version of what was going on prior to the internet era.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
No

Eric Wright was the 1st

:francis:
The label has had several distributors simultaneously. Early Ruthless releases were distributed by Macola Records (including certain material from JJ Fad which was made prior to the completion of the Supersonic album, which were at first released on Ruthless' short-lived Dream Team Records subsidiary), but that deal was short-lived and the rights reverted to Ruthless. All of N.W.A's releases and Eazy-E's first two solo albums on Ruthless Records were distributed by Priority Records, and the rights to these releases are now held by Priority's new owner, Capitol Records. Releases by The D.O.C, Michel'le, Yomo & Maulkie and JJ Fad were marketed through Atlantic Records or its subsidiary Atco Records. These master rights are still held by Atlantic's parent company, Warner Music Group,

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you think about it, suge got reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal lucky

he was in in the right place at the right time

starts out bein' bodyguard for bobby brown and sees how artists get fukked over for their contracts and deals
when dre and the doc became unsatisfied with their contracts at ruthless, he was there and in the mix since he was the doc bodyguard

the problem with suge is he didn't know when too lay off addin' extra muscle and just calm the fukk down

that nikka felt like he always had to flex muscle even when it won't an issue with shyt

he got too big headed and the fame and money got to his head and he thrived off the hype he built up for himself with his camp and crew

SUCCESS IS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION!

As far as the rest of what you said I agree. Unfortunately it's one of those situations where the reputation fuels the success and Suge probably felt boxed in by his previous gang ties.

Think about it this way. If your business model is taking artists out of shytty situations (contracts or otherwise) then you can't lose the reputation of being a crazy mfer willing to do whatever it takes (like hanging people off balconies). And if your brand (Death Row) is based on the fusion of hardcore gangsta rap music with a real life connection to the streets, then how do you ensure you don't lose one without maintaining the other? Not to mention that the ties to the streets most likely preceded the formation of Death Row.