Daily Office Life At Death Row (UPDATED With More General Fukkery)

SchrodingersStrapped!

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.O.G/TMT/GGG/EL CHACAL
:wow: off to work at debo records

giphy.gif

kj614

You must quiet your mind.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Family
How did our exchange jump to this? Because you jumped to a conclusion that I didn't know what I am talking about in regard to Ronin Ro when I do, and in fact, have a better understanding of his work than you do. You're operating on a very low intellectual plane and I personally just don't have the patience to entertain it. Ronin Ro as a writer is one step above Jake Brown . . who is essentially a con-man. You refer to Ronin Ro as "in the trenches" which clearly shows you have a pinhole perspective on the content you are reading and the origin of the information that you are interpreting. I'm going to do you a favor now and sum up Ronin Ro's style. Ronin Ro's articles and Ronin Ro's books are two different things. Ronin Ro's books are 80% journalism at a 5th grade level and 20% editoraliasm as a 2nd grade level. As a reader you should be able to understand the difference between a news story and an editorial opinion. Ronin Ro's style consists of compiling a buch of quotes from various sources published over the years alongside a slight bit editorializing. There's a literally a system for the books he writes, they are often composites of a few other books that are already published on the subject alongside quotes from a few interviews and articles. There you go buddy . . I saved you from looking like a dimwit when you talk to people who actually know something. Your just slightly benefited by the fact that discussing books with a hip-hop fan will rarely yield the likelihood that you'll be talking to someone who's actually read a book, today wasn't that day.

You want to refer to my behavior as beta? That's funny because the first instinct that beta males lack is the instinct of awareness. So that would be you breh. Plus Wally is regarded as among the purest alphas of all alphas, when I bust in a woman there's physiological effects for her, she may begin to see better results from her workouts after a night with Wally. An example being my unbridled perception and awareness, when you hear my voice your tone will change.
 did y'all read this shyt :pachaha:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
And this is in the 90s, no Facebook to go vent or Twitter to tell the world. U just had to put up with the shyt lol
Do you realize what would have happened to anybody putting Row business out on the internet like that all unsolicited?

N*ggas would have to just cry in their girlfriends arms, suck that sh*t up and go right on back into work - they couldn't tell nobody the type of sh*t that was going on. Mess around and get that meeting request to meet in Goon room A....:damn::why:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He a hoe for staying.
I'm not working around that and I'm certainly not gonna act like I don't hear a WOMAN screaming for help while being dragged off.

Yep he's a hoe...
Easy for you to say. This is akin to when kids always say, "If I was around during slavery nobody would have made me do shyt".

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Easy for you to say. This is akin to when kids always say, "If I was around during slavery nobody would have made me do shyt".

Yeah, somehow I don't think quitting would have been as simple as putting in your papers, or just not showing up to work anymore. Not unless you were totally useless to the Death Row organisation and they didn't care if you showed up or not... if your role was in any way integral it would have been hell to get out of your obligation, unless you could single-handedly take down the twelve man hit squad of Deebo's that Suge'll send your way.

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man you equating a multi statewide and international slave system to a nikka named Suge and a couple dozen gang members that hang out an office.

Shut your cowardly ass up.
If I was working at Death Row and the first time I see somebody get beat up for no reason. I get back to my work and finish up my day. I leave at the end of the day and I never come back.

What the fukk I look like?
You that much of a bytch?
You think those dudes gonna miss you so much they gonna show up at your house 2 or 3 deep asking you why you ain't at your desk?

You a bytch...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
She was always the farthest down in the BET pecking order back in the days:

1) Sherry Carter
2) Rachel from Caribbean Rhythms

3) Madelyne Woods

HA! Janet....

Man I love Regina King.....AND her body is still bangin:

o-REGINA-KING-BIKINI-BODY-facebook.jpg

Y'all ever seen that scene she did with Will Smith in "Enemy of the State", when she opens her robe? :takedat:
Hood L.a girls(even dimes) hit you with a look like

Stoppit you wanna fukk

and if you like :whoa: easy slow down.

They call you a faggit. :mjcry:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Death Row was run like a gang and not a record label. Suge be styling on Marlo Stanfield

It makes me think, that whole Death Row - Ruthless beef had the potential to get so serious... millions of dollars and reputations at stake, and strong gang connections on both sides of the beef. shyt, if it was over drugs and not music then that's more than enough to spark a gang war. I wonder if that's because music is legal and drugs aren't that there ain't no war for music but there is a war for drugs.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Yeah, but to own 100% of your masters and keep 85% of the sales and only pay back 15% for distrubution is still bonkers. Especially for someone they "dont believe in". Cant just be that. Cuz Priority obviously had various artists and i bet you none of them got a deal like that. And why him? Why Suge?

It gotta be more so their connections to the gangstas. Cant be anything else. With Suge we kinda know that with the Harry-O shyt, the Kenner shyt, the dikk Griffy, MOB etc.

Kinda the same with Tommy Mottola. Where we know about it to a large degree.

But with P - not so much. Same with Baby. Or Prince.

I mean it is still the entertainment business, where we're told not to believe everything we see & hear. Right?

He definitely had a machine behind him. Maybe that came from his basketball shyt? Or maybe he had fam in the music industry? Not to knock him or anyone else but i believe theres so many shyt like that happening in the entertainment world. It happens in regular world too, but definitely in the biz.

It was some video someone posted, P got in contact with Micheal Jackson's lawyer who told him ohow to get the MJ deal. He had to give Priority 200k upfront, basically pay for his own marketing they would handle distribution only, he owned masters and everything else.
I'm still puzzled on how Master P got that deal like I wanna know all the specifics..We'll never see anything like that again..