Refund a game (for daps) and buy it again in two months
full
Nah probably 6 months and get it for 30

Nahmeanz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized watching someone else’s playthrough at lot of cutscenes didn’t properly load for me and i missed a lot of shyt.

For instance i didnt get the cyberpunk 2077 title screen after act 1

hmmm, I didn’t get the Cyberpunk title screen either...what system are you playing on?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:francis:How does that negate anything I said? Ok found the old video I was referring to, straight from the horses mouth.

It sounds like he's describing a game still in conceptualization stages.

This conference took place in 2012, the same year they cut a deal for the cyberpunk license and started working with mike pondsmith. The game couldn't have been in development when that video came out because they were still finalizing the licensing deal.

Making Cyberpunk: when Mike Pondsmith met CD Projekt Red

"Then in 2012, in the midst of an R. Talsorian Games reformation, the phone rang again. It was a call from Poland, from The Witcher studio CD Projekt Red. "CDPR drop out of the sky and say, 'Hello we're a bunch of guys from Poland and we want to do Cyberpunk."

They probably had a skeleton crew working on a vertical slice to show investors and were working on concept art while brainstorming ideas for the first few years, but real development of the game didn't happen till 2016 after they were done with witcher 3.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

This conference took place in 2012, the same year they cut a deal for the cyberpunk license and started working with mike pondsmith. The game couldn't have been in development when that video came out because they were still finalizing the licensing deal.

"Then in 2012, in the midst of an R. Talsorian Games reformation, the phone rang again. It was a call from Poland, from The Witcher studio CD Projekt Red. "CDPR drop out of the sky and say, 'Hello we're a bunch of guys from Poland and we want to do Cyberpunk."

They probably had a skeleton crew working on a vertical slice to show investors and were working on concept art while brainstorming ideas for the first few years, but real development of the game didn't happen till 2016 after they were done with witcher 3.

Not even bigger studios have two major titles in development at once unless they have completely separate branches working on it like Ubisoft or square enix.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

You can assume what you think he is saying but he clear as day states they have a second team working on a new IP. This means they started on the game in some capacity and went full throttle after the Witcher’s release. At this point of the announcement (2012) they had signed the deal with Mike so give or take they would have started the following year and really went into overdrive 2016 placing the entire team on it.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Not even bigger studios have two major titles in development at once unless they have completely separate branches working on it like Ubisoft or square enix.

Gaming companies split their staff all the time and then place their full team on the development of an IP over time. Sometimes it starts as a mini project that ends up evolving. Look at Rockstar for example with RDR2 when they had different teams working on the game as early as 2012 and when that didn’t work they merged the teams after GTA 5 release.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought you couldn’t find an xsx?

I was half-ass trying...cyberpunk made me start seriously trying to get one...got one from GS the night of my birthday...shipped a week later...had it since saturday

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Gaming companies split their staff all the time and then place their full team on the development of an IP over time. Sometimes it starts as a mini project that ends up evolving. Look at Rockstar for example with RDR2 when they had different teams working on the game as early as 2012 and when that didn’t work they merged the teams after GTA 5 release.
Rockstar has nine studios around the world. CDPR isn't that big, especially before Witcher 3

it seems they secured the license, announced the game, but then put it on the back burner until they finished Witcher 3. maybe they had a small team doing something, but they even say pre-production started after Blood and Wine

it just seems disingenuous to say the game was in development for 8 years

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Rockstar has nine studios around the world. CDPR isn't that big, especially before Witcher 3

it seems they secured the license, announced the game, but then put it on the back burner until they finished Witcher 3. maybe they had a small team doing something, but they even say pre-production started after Blood and Wine

it just seems disingenuous to say the game was in development for 8 years

I repeat It is standard practise for must studios to be working on multiple IP’s and to accurately quote CDPR the exact quote was “As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go on full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production." Implying it was already underway but they went full speed ahead after the completion of the Witcher 3 DLC. What is disingenuous is acting like this didn’t have an adequate development time frame that most AAA games have. Granted the company received a financial boom from 2015 onwards but facts are a team was a already working on this game and as they said they went “full steam ahead after”. I am not saying they had reached a crucial stage at that point but work was underway and it wasn’t like they started from scratch in 2016.