Cyberpunk sells 13 milly after refunds

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Listen, im not tryna knock yall who love the game but didn't they sell 8 mil off preorders, then 5 mill after release isn't that significant with a game as hyped as this. What were the refund numbers because you know its more than a million

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Ehhh played it last night for the first.
Game is cool, not mindblowing
But I understand breh. I understand :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Listen, im not tryna knock yall who love the game but didn't they sell 8 mil off preorders, then 5 mill after release isn't that significant with a game as hyped as this. What were the refund numbers because you know its more than a million

It’s 13 mil after refunds, alot of big games yall love still haven’t sold 13 million to date. These are Rockstar/nintendo numbers. Once they release teh next gen versions and officially finish the two big patches for the console version, those numbers will skyrocket again.

That’s why its funny when people think a vocal minority on the internet and youtube clickbait dictates a games success. People really tried to speak The Last Of Us 2’s failure into existence and it went on to make a bunch of money and win a bunch of awards anyway, Still one of the highest rated games on metacritic at a 93 also.

Most people buying games ain’t on gaming sites and youtube 24/7 having anxiety attacks over a game “being all hype” and all the stupid controversies surrounding it.

Gamers online will mock CoD and madden/2k/fifa players like they are outliers, yet they still crush buildings every single year.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You can assume what you think he is saying but he clear as day states they have a second team working on a new IP. This means they started on the game in some capacity and went full throttle after the Witcher’s release.
That second team was doing shyt like drawing concept art and creating storylines.

Pre production didn't start till 2016, that means they didn't start writing code for the game until that year. Its disingenuous to act like this is some game they've been hard at work on for 8 years.

Their issue is announcing this game as soon as they acquired the license.