Cyberpunk sells 13 milly after refunds

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:whoa:

Even as the publisher and developer all in one, you don't get 90% of the revenue. And this game was being made over 8 years worth of salaries. :skip:

8 years of salary and development
Overhead
Marketing
distribution
Sony/Microsoft Royalties

It didnt start production until blood and wine came out in 2016. I’m not sure why yall keep saying 8 years because they released a teaser in 2013

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:whoa:

Even as the publisher and developer all in one, you don't get 90% of the revenue. And this game was being made over 8 years worth of salaries. :skip:

8 years of salary and development
Overhead
Marketing
distribution
Sony/Microsoft Royalties
Not really valid to put all 8 years of salary on cyberpunk.

They released Two very successful games during that time and real production on cyberpunk didn’t begin until after Witcher 3 dlc was done.

Im sure their profit isn’t 90% of revenue, but they made A LOT of money in one day. And they will continue to make money off the title going forwar.

They will profit more off this game than they did the Witcher 3 easily.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like more and more things going to keep coming up, gradually depleting that revenue, coming to the conclusion for you to be like "There's still 2 million left. These nikkas........tied?":mjtf:

More like the opposite. The outrage machine is runnning out of fuel. The cyberpunk headlines are gonna stop generating clicks and as the game gets improved that will become to new headlines.

The media and game journalist are so phony. They will start promoting the comeback story in a few months

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Probably on a conference call with Hbo Max, Disney+, and Netflix making them fight over the rights to a TV series as I type this :wow:

cyberpunk-edgerunners.jpg

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
More like the opposite. The outrage machine is runnning out of fuel. The cyberpunk headlines are gonna stop generating clicks and as the game gets improved that will become to new headlines.

The media and game journalist are so phony. They will start promoting the comeback story in a few months
And this will only increase anticipation for their next title everyone's going to be checking for it to see if they release it without bugs etc.

If they pull a no man's sky then they will be fine IMO.

With that said... I am not going to play this game until the next Generation upgrade releases and it gets for patches

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It didnt start production until blood and wine came out in 2016. I’m not sure why yall keep saying 8 years because they released a teaser in 2013

Where are you getting this? I have seen this stated a number of times in multiple threads and couldn’t be bothered to correct it. This is false they had a second team working on this game to begin with then moved over the entire team after the release of the Witcher 3. I remember watching one of their conference in 2011 or 2012 of them talking about this. The game has been in production for a long long time with a greater focus placed on it after Witcher 3 release.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just imagine. 13 mil times 60, take away taxes, pay your employees, pay for leasing/whatever operating fees you have, probably...idk, 50 mil worth of expenses

That's still 730 mil left :damn:

These nikkas won :damn:
Hopefully, they reinvest this into the company so they can make better working games in a more timely fashion.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Where are you getting this? I have seen this stated a number of times in multiple threads and couldn’t be bothered to correct it. This is false they had a second team working on this game to begin with then moved over the entire team after the release of the Witcher 3. I remember watching one of their conference in 2011 or 2012 of them talking about this. The game has been in production for a long long time with a greater focus placed on it after Witcher 3 release.

Yeah most games/media will have a skeleton crew on for pre-production but the majority of the team was on the witcher 3 until the 2nd DLC was done. You have to remember CDPR started as a smaller indie studio and grew exponentially after the witcher 3’s initial success. They didn’t have the type of manpower to have two AAA games in production at once

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Yeah most games/media will have a skeleton crew on for pre-production but the majority of the team was on the witcher 3 until the 2nd DLC was done. You have to remember CDPR started as a smaller indie studio and grew exponentially after the witcher 3’s initial success. They didn’t have the type of manpower to have two AAA games in production at once

Absolutely but I vehemently disagree with the statement that production didn’t begin until 2016 after Blood and wine. That is a false statement because CDPR themselves say otherwise, yes the company grew over the course of development and the scope of the game grew with it. That doesn’t change the fact that they had already started on the game years ago.