Cyberpunk sells 13 milly after refunds

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just imagine. 13 mil times 60, take away taxes, pay your employees, pay for leasing/whatever operating fees you have, probably...idk, 50 mil worth of expenses

That's still 730 mil left :damn:

These nikkas won :damn:

I'm sure another 50+ mill at least went to advertising. I could be underselling that a bit as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm sure another 50+ mill at least went to advertising. I could be underselling that a bit as well.

Probably a lot more than that, usually with movies the cost of marketing is the same as the production cost itself. But CDPR made their investment back the first week.

At this point it’s not about profits its about rebuilding their reputation.

I just watched a video on no mans sky next generation and all the comments under the video are saying “biggest come back story ever” , “i cant believe i spent so much time being mad at this game”, “what a turn around”

The same thing will happen here eventually. People don’t typically stay mad at anything for more than a couple of weeks.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Probably a lot more than that, usually with movies the cost of marketing is the same as the production cost itself. But CDPR made their investment back the first week. - Yeah, this what I figured AAA games do as well.

At this point it’s not about profits its about rebuilding their reputation. - Yep.

I just watched a video on no mans sky next generation and all the comments under the video are saying “biggest come back story ever” , “i cant believe i spent so much time being mad at this game”, “what a turn around”

The same thing will happen here eventually. People don’t typically stay mad at anything for more than a couple of weeks. - Hopefully and that is if enough of its issues are fixed and timely enough

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Probably a lot more than that, usually with movies the cost of marketing is the same as the production cost itself. But CDPR made their investment back the first week.

At this point it’s not about profits its about rebuilding their reputation.

The same thing will happen here eventually. People don’t typically stay mad at anything for more than a couple of weeks.

And even if they don't they pulled in so much guap that they can take their time to deliver on their next venture and make even more guap 5 or so years from now :wow:

It's time for me to boss up. I could have that kind of dough. :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“CDPR is done, they’ll never make a AAA game again.”

“Investors are gonna sue them”

“Execs are gonna get fired”

:mjlol:

It gets clicks :yeshrug:

And even if they don't they pulled in so much guap that they can take their time to deliver on their next venture and make even more guap 5 or so years from now :wow:

It's time for me to boss up. I could have that kind of dough. :ehh:

Yeah, the problem is CDPR is eventually gonna have to sell the online component to this game and a witcher 4 eventually so they want to come out of this as clean as possible.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't played this game, probably won't for a while. Don't have time.

But everyone I talk to is enjoying it. They have their issues but it's mostly relegated to a few bugs here and there.
Meanwhile, I log into The Coli (or honestly, just go online in general) and you would think this shyt is "Superman 64" status. :gucci:

Fred.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Sales numbers are weird.

the game had 8 years to be marketed, they have Keanu Reeves on board and it’s the holiday season. I’ve seen commercials, billboards, online ads etc. it was no doubt the game was going to do numbers, it’s the biggest release of the year

if the game works, it works, enjoy it :manny:

everything I’ve read says that the game is good to look at on some systems, really bad on others, and the overall promises of a fully immersed world are lacking.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
After 7 years of collecting pre-orders, they should have been at 20 million sold.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just imagine. 13 mil times 60, take away taxes, pay your employees, pay for leasing/whatever operating fees you have, probably...idk, 50 mil worth of expenses

That's still 730 mil left :damn:

These nikkas won :damn:

:whoa:

Even as the publisher and developer all in one, you don't get 90% of the revenue. And this game was being made over 8 years worth of salaries. :skip:

8 years of salary and development
Overhead
Marketing
distribution
Sony/Microsoft Royalties

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
NXiz7D.gif