Cyberpunk on PS5:"If you want 60fps, get it on PS5"-Digital Foundry

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
For most PCs to play RT and 60fps they will have to drop the resolution way down too.

If a $500 machine can do 60fps and RT on this very demanding game, then thats a win period.
I hear, but what I’m saying is; is that what people were asking for this entire build up to this gen? 1080p (or even less) with 60fps and Ray Tracing?
Because this whole build up all I heard EVERYWHERE was 4k/60fps HAS to be the standard moving forward with 4k/30fps with ray tracing being the “fidelity/graphics” mode.
I give Xbox a harder time about because MS and it’s stans beat a drum nonstop chanting “worlds most powerful console ever...more powerful than most gaming PCs...the cloud advantage”
Sony isn’t that far behind either with the constant bragging about an ssd being the end all be all.
Bottom line, these consoles aren’t the “powerhouses” console stans pretended they were going to be and now the buzz word is ray tracing so a simple baseline of 4k locked 60fps is being thrown out the window.
This gen is already all over the place in terms of performance expectations.
8k support
Up to 120fps support
Ray tracing support
VRR support
I say to hell with all that and just give us a native 4k locked 60fps across all games. To hell with all the buzz words and arguments about minuscule differences and concessions to the point that people are really ok with “900p as long as it has RAY TRACCCCCINNNGGG!!!”

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game will easily do 4K/30fps with ray tracing on PS5/Series X. Look at Spider-Man Miles Morales. That game looks insane and is an open world game with mad stuff going on and looks ridiculous at times.

This backwards compatible game is not indicative how the game will perform/look when it's natively running on the consoles.

marvelsspider-man_mil8ij19.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
This game will easily do 4K/30fps with ray tracing on PS5/Series X. Look at Spider-Man Miles Moralses. That game looks insane and is an open world game with mad stuff going on and looks ridiculous at times.

This backwards compatible game is not indicative how the game will perform/look when it's natively running on the consoles.

Finished MM the other day on my CX
Looked like a pixar movie, especially that last level and boss fight
Significant leap this gen
Anyone who says the leap this gen isn't great or the graphics are only a little better most likely
1) don't own a quality 4k tv
2) don't even own a ps5
3) are fanboys

the leap is bigger than ps3 to ps4

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game will easily do 4K/30fps with ray tracing on PS5/Series X. Look at Spider-Man Miles Moralses. That game looks insane and is an open world game with mad stuff going on and looks ridiculous at times.

you’re not allowed to compare an open-world RPG to spider-man...4K/30 is unrealistic for a game of this magnitude according to CDPR apologists

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I hear, but what I’m saying is; is that what people were asking for this entire build up to this gen? 1080p (or even less) with 60fps and Ray Tracing?
Because this whole build up all I heard EVERYWHERE was 4k/60fps HAS to be the standard moving forward with 4k/30fps with ray tracing being the “fidelity/graphics” mode.
I give Xbox a harder time about because MS and it’s stans beat a drum nonstop chanting “worlds most powerful console ever...more powerful than most gaming PCs...the cloud advantage”
Sony isn’t that far behind either with the constant bragging about an ssd being the end all be all.
Bottom line, these consoles aren’t the “powerhouses” console stans pretended they were going to be and now the buzz word is ray tracing so a simple baseline of 4k locked 60fps is being thrown out the window.
This gen is already all over the place in terms of performance expectations.
8k support
Up to 120fps support
Ray tracing support
VRR support
I say to hell with all that and just give us a native 4k locked 60fps across all games. To hell with all the buzz words and arguments about minuscule differences and concessions to the point that people are really ok with “900p as long as it has RAY TRACCCCCINNNGGG!!!”
You typing out a bunch of nonsense breh.

All I said was I hope they have a 60fps with ray tracing mode. Don’t quote me talking about “all you heard” from everyone else:stopitslime: It’s my personal preference that they have a 60fps ray tracing mode, and lots of people on PC will make that same choice and opt for a lower resolution. Don’t have shyt to do with Xbox vs PlayStation.

as for your nonsense about the power of the consoles
4ik2ALqmP8aNnegRMTtWn-1200-80.png

Even unoptimized running in backwards compatibility mode, the consoles hold up to some pretty decent PC hardware:ehh:

Get your info up, and stop trying to troll me every chance you get :cheers:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
you’re not allowed to compare an open-world RPG to spider-man...4K/30 is unrealistic for a game of this magnitude according to CDPR apologists
Technically, objectively, there’s lots more going on and lots more detail in cyberpunk.

That’s a fact. Most games are not an apples to apples comparison hence the different performance metrics and hardware requirements.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You typing out a bunch of nonsense breh.

All I said was I hope they have a 60fps with ray tracing mode. Don’t quote me talking about “all you heard” from everyone else:stopitslime: It’s my personal preference that they have a 60fps ray tracing mode, and lots of people on PC will make that same choice and opt for a lower resolution. Don’t have shyt to do with Xbox vs PlayStation.

as for your nonsense about the power of the consoles
4ik2ALqmP8aNnegRMTtWn-1200-80.png

Even unoptimized running in backwards compatibility mode, the consoles hold up to some pretty decent PC hardware:ehh:

Get your info up, and stop trying to troll me every chance you get :cheers:
I’m glad you’re so excited about ray tracing to the point that 900p is an acceptable resolution to you.
All I’m saying is literally NO ONE was saying that before these consoles dropped.
Find me a single post where anyone said we should expect 900p on consoles with ray tracing or anything even close to that. I’m not trolling you. I’m saying it’s funny how narratives change so quickly and people scramble to rewrite history and pretend they never said, or were even excited about the prospect of native 4k/60fps with ray tracing and some games even up to 120fps.
What you see now is more along the lines of what you’re doing...which is basically saying “of course these consoles can’t do all of that. Only a moron would think that!”
And all I’m saying is where was that energy 2 months ago? Where were the Sony stans and ms stans telling spencer and cerny that there marketing talking points were all bs and these consoles were not going to hit native 4k 60fps with ray tracing?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Hol up: IF I buy the last gen version, is there a free next gen upgrade? otherwise what's the point of buying it for PS4 or X1 and then playing it on next gen consoles if the game won't take full advantage of the hardware?

I'm not trying to drop 5 stacks to play the game the way it's supposed to look on a high end PC lol

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The industry should adopt 1440p as the industry standard and focus on framerate and ray tracing. I feel like they'd get more out of the hardware if so much power wasn't spent trying to reach native 4k.

I dont think we should judge these systems based off of a poorly optimized port that's limited to running the game in backwards compatible mode. I'm positive that they can get this game to be on par with the pc port when the official next gen update drops and they can really take advantage of the hardware.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The industry should adopt 1440p as the industry standard and focus on framerate and ray tracing. I feel like they'd get more out of the hardware if so much power wasn't spent trying to reach native 4k.

I dont think we should judge these systems based off of a poorly optimized port that's limited to running the game in backwards compatible mode. I'm positive that they can get this game to be on par with the pc port when the official next gen update drops and they can really take advantage of the hardware.
That’s exactly what I’m hoping for. I’m not at ease though with the fact that they cant nail down a time frame for the next gen patch. Also, I saw that theyre also working on a next gen patch for the Witcher so I wonder if that will effect the timeline for the cyberpunk roll out at all.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m glad you’re so excited about ray tracing to the point that 900p is an acceptable resolution to you.
All I’m saying is literally NO ONE was saying that before these consoles dropped.
Find me a single post where anyone said we should expect 900p on consoles with ray tracing or anything even close to that. I’m not trolling you. I’m saying it’s funny how narratives change so quickly and people scramble to rewrite history and pretend they never said, or were even excited about the prospect of native 4k/60fps with ray tracing and some games even up to 120fps.
What you see now is more along the lines of what you’re doing...which is basically saying “of course these consoles can’t do all of that. Only a moron would think that!”
And all I’m saying is where was that energy 2 months ago? Where were the Sony stans and ms stans telling spencer and cerny that there marketing talking points were all bs and these consoles were not going to hit native 4k 60fps with ray tracing?
No one ever expected 4k 60fps with ray tracing. $2500 PCs don’t even do that.

What you are doing is fighting a big dumb ass strawman. Don’t quote me for that :camby:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn't what they said.
On ps5 60 fps mode runs better but it also has worse cuts to certain graphical features to maintain it's steady frame rate.

On Series X you have a 60fps mode with better effects which hurts the frame rate and a 30fps mode with those same higher tier effects but a rock solid 30fps.

If you prefer frame rate, the experience is better on ps5.
If you prefer better image quality, the experience is better on Xbox Series X.

Also Digital Foundry has yet to cover it but only Xbox and PC currently offer enhanced audio with Dolby atmos.
So if you have a pair of high end headphones and prefer a higher resolution image. You'll get better audio quality and image quality on the Xbox.

I'm on the ps5, so I've got no reason to spread any falsehoods.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That isn't what they said.
On ps5 60 fps mode runs better but it also has worse cuts to certain graphical features to maintain it's steady frame rate.

On Series X you have a 60fps mode with better effects which hurts the frame rate and a 30fps mode with those same higher tier effects but a rock solid 30fps.

If you prefer frame rate, the experience is better on ps5.
If you prefer better image quality, the experience is better on Xbox Series X.

Also Digital Foundry has yet to cover it but only Xbox and PC currently offer enhanced audio with Dolby atmos.
So if you have a pair of high end headphones and prefer a higher resolution image. You'll get better audio quality and image quality on the Xbox.

Yes on Series X you potentially have the best version image quality wise and for me the framerate drops aren't too much of an issue especially if you have VRR but on PS5 it's not bad either. PC with capable hardware is the best place to play it if you have the setup.

I'm on the ps5, so I've got no reason to spread any falsehoods.
Don't you have a gaming PC? I already knew not to bother with this game on consoles. I wasn't tryna play this with PS4 Pro settings knowing I have a high end PC.