"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
dlc should be set in a new area ideally. Feel like that has the most potential to bring people back. A Shivering Isles type expansion would go off. I'm in for whatever they do. I enjoyed it even though I played it at launch when it had the most mid gameplay.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Some people are saying that Patch 1.6 might bring New Game + as there was a few seconds during that trailer in the tweet showcasing V during the prologue montage with the Gorilla Arms cyberware (upgrade you usually can't afford at the beginning of the game). Might have transmog too.
So they adding something to the game nexus mods added a year ago :russ:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Does anyone else feel like this should have been a third person game? We get so many different outfits/armor etc.

I was and still am a strong advocate of first person in this game. I get what they were going for & the immersion can be top notch once you engross yourself with the environment, but they definitely dropped the ball by cutting the original idea. The cutscenes were originally supposed to be third person (like what you got end game.) Much like a lot of planned features, it was scrapped. While I'm cool with first person, I have to agree with you that are entirely too many different looks in game for the player to never see V outside of mirrors, end game, & photo mode. The biggest waste was how the world never really reacted to your attire, either. They never promised that feature
but pedestrians, gangs and cops reacting to your appearance would have went a long way to making the city feel more interactive.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i made peace with the 1st person view, but i really wish they had stuck to the gameplan of having it be 3rd person in some of the cutscnes.

i still can't stop thinking about how dope that 2018 gameplay trailer was :mjcry:

i think tis gonna be a veeeeeeeeeeeeery long time (if ever) before i get hyped about a game the way i was hyped about cyberpunk from 2017-2020

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Some people are saying that Patch 1.6 might bring New Game + as there was a few seconds during that trailer in the tweet showcasing V during the prologue montage with the Gorilla Arms cyberware (upgrade you usually can't afford at the beginning of the game). Might have transmog too.

new game + isn't enough, its been two years where is the expansion? I dont even remember this game anymore :unimpressed:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
One of the most stupid things CPRD did in this game was not allowing you to change your physical appearance (eye shape, head shape, body mods etc.) or add/remove tattoos after the character creation screen. I guess we should be lucky, the game originally launched without the player being able to edit their V outside of clothing :mjlol:

ace890

Rookie
Daps
new game + isn't enough, its been two years where is the expansion? I dont even remember this game anymore :unimpressed:
The expansion isn't coming till possibly early next year, supposedly.

I think their plan is to drop the patch next week, piggyback off the hype of the anime which comes out on the 13th, hope that the anime is good which will attract more people to the game through curiosity of wanting to explore more of the Cyberpunk setting or word of mouth and then drop the expansion later.

At this point, I don't think they necessarily care about fully fixing the game's rep because, they realistically can't so they're doing what they can to just press on, fix what bugs/issues they can, get more content out and then call it a day and start work on the sequel.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The expansion isn't coming till possibly early next year, supposedly.

I think their plan is to drop the patch next week, piggyback off the hype of the anime which comes out on the 13th, hope that the anime is good which will attract more people to the game through curiosity of wanting to explore more of the Cyberpunk setting or word of mouth and then drop the expansion later.

At this point, I don't think they necessarily care about fully fixing the game's rep because, they realistically can't so they're doing what they can to just press on, fix what bugs/issues they can, get more content out and then call it a day and start work on the sequel.

Absolutely insane how this all turned out. 3 years for an expansion is like a whole new game already

But yeah, its pretty much just a huge loss at this point, unless the expansion is hearts of stone type level its over

ace890

Rookie
Daps
Absolutely insane how this all turned out. 3 years for an expansion is like a whole new game already

But yeah, its pretty much just a huge loss at this point, unless the expansion is hearts of stone type level its over
Yeah, but that's just the way the dice fell for them. It sucks but at least they're trying to actively fix it and add what they can. Better than that than it being stuck how it was at launch.

And yeah, I think that's why they delayed it. I think the expansion was supposed to drop this fall but they moved it to next year to possibly get it to that Hearts of Stone kinda quality. Or, at least, I hope. At this point, I'm just enjoying what they do add to it and fix. Night City is a dope ass city to explore, the lore is cool, the characters are great and the story was better than I was expecting, it's just everything else that fell flat.