"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
As someone who never plays games but owns xbox and ps5, should I start this game?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
As someone who never plays games but owns xbox and ps5, should I start this game?
As long as you are playing an Xbox Series X or PS5 version of the game? Absolutely this really isn't a bad game. I wish CDPR wouldn't abandon it, they could easily turn this into the next No Man's Sky situation.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Not trying to shyt on anyone who likes the game. It's even grown on my a tad, but CDPR was full of shyt. The stuff with Johnny doesn't feel complete. I don't even like Johnny, and Keanu didn't help. Jackie was the more compelling character. I remember the rumors of the issues with this game back when Gamasutra was still around. Which is why I wasn't surprised when they said the game would be 1st person for a "better immersive experience". So I wouldn't be surprised is Keanu's role was pumped up for the star power. I played all three Witcher games. The story for CP2077, to me, wasn't even as strong as the point and click Witcher 1.
The story seems like it would have been pretty damn good if it didn't feel so rushed. The shyt with Johnny should have happened halfway through the game. We should have got way more time spent with the different gangs in the city. It feels like 20 hours of story with Jackie got cut from the beginning, then when it feels like the shyt with Johnny starts picking up steam, the game ends. The point where you gotta meet with hanako feels like the halfway point of the story, I was surprised when I realized that was the final mission.

All the gangs were interesting, but you get like 3 missions with each gang and never hear from them again. The game feels like it's about half the length that it should have been.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
The story seems like it would have been pretty damn good if it didn't feel so rushed. The shyt with Johnny should have happened halfway through the game. We should have got way more time spent with the different gangs in the city. It feels like 20 hours of story with Jackie got cut from the beginning, then when it feels like the shyt with Johnny starts picking up steam, the game ends. The point where you gotta meet with hanako feels like the halfway point of the story, I was surprised when I realized that was the final mission.

All the gangs were interesting, but you get like 3 missions with each gang and never hear from them again. The game feels like it's about half the length that it should have been.
They expected this game to be so huge they'd be having people begging for DLC. That's the problem here. Cyberpunk was never meant to release as a complete experience.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That montage they show were you and Jackie are getting money and doing jobs and living at mama welles and V gets his car and apartment should have been a whole act of the game.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
As long as you are playing an Xbox Series X or PS5 version of the game? Absolutely this really isn't a bad game. I wish CDPR wouldn't abandon it, they could easily turn this into the next No Man's Sky situation.

Honestly, I think whatever they're going to do will be in the sequel. Because I wonder just how much can red engine handle. There will be updates that will enhance the experience, but I don't think there will be a No Man's Sky outcome.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They expected this game to be so huge they'd be having people begging for DLC. That's the problem here. Cyberpunk was never meant to release as a complete experience.
I think they were planning a different game until Keanu Reeves joined. After that they probably scraped whatever they were working on and developed a story surrounding johnny silverhand but didn't have time to finish.

I remember before release they were talking about how the lifepaths would be hours worth of content unique to each path. They also showed Jackie's death in gameplay footage before release and said that choices made during your lifepath determined that outcome. They obviously had alot more planned when they started developing the game.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That montage they show were you and Jackie are getting money and doing jobs and living at mama welles and V gets his car and apartment should have been a whole act of the game.
There's prerelease footage showing Jackie's death where cdpr said that choices you made up to that point determines whether he lived or not, that montage was obviously slapped together after they scrapped the entire beginning of the game.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's prerelease footage showing Jackie's death where cdpr said that choices you made up to that point determines whether he lived or not, that montage was obviously slapped together after they scrapped the entire beginning of the game.

That makes sense. Evelyn asking you to double cross dex should have been a meaningful choice. It makes no sense that your response has no impact. I bet it originally impacted whether Jackie lived or died.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I played through all the endings and...

V dying regardless of what you do is dumb af :dahell:

- Become property of Arasaka forever or die later
- Run Afterlife for a few months then die
- Live forever in Cyberspace or die months later
- Kill yourself early

The only one that made sense was the Panam ending since V's fate is left up in the air because of the Arizona connect. Also, Rogue getting bodied instead of random pilot guy made no sense. They still could've had V run Afterlife by just having Rogue leave Night City to be with her son. She basically leaves it to V when you leave the club.

The real ending should've been like Witcher 3. You gather up Rogue, Johnny's old crew, The Aldecaldos, The Mox, storm Arasaka Tower, kill Smasher & destroy the tower. V and Johnny finally split but V doesn't die, then you can then pick if you want to go with Panam/Aldecaldos, leave NC with Judy, leave NC solo etc.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I played through all the endings and...

V dying regardless of what you do is dumb af :dahell:

- Become property of Arasaka forever or die later
- Run Afterlife for a few months then die
- Live forever in Cyberspace or die months later
- Kill yourself early

The only one that made sense was the Panam ending since V's fate is left up in the air because of the Arizona connect. Also, Rogue getting bodied instead of random pilot guy made no sense. They still could've had V run Afterlife by just having Rogue leave Night City to be with her son. She basically leaves it to V when you leave the club.

The real ending should've been like Witcher 3. You gather up Rogue, Johnny's old crew, The Aldecaldos, The Mox, storm Arasaka Tower, kill Smasher & destroy the tower. V and Johnny finally split but V doesn't die, then you can then pick if you want to go with Panam/Aldecaldos, leave NC with Judy, leave NC solo etc.

I feel like a couple of the potential endings lacked substance but I didn't mind their point. V's story is supposed to be tragic and the real villain of the game is Nighy City itself. It almost always wins in the end. :yeshrug:

ace890

Rookie
Daps
Some people are saying that Patch 1.6 might bring New Game + as there was a few seconds during that trailer in the tweet showcasing V during the prologue montage with the Gorilla Arms cyberware (upgrade you usually can't afford at the beginning of the game). Might have transmog too.