"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
That's my biggest problem with the game, it feels like the main story was changed to revolve around Johnny at some point during development because nothing you do aside from the main quest makes any sense in context.

The plot line with Johnny should have either been place 2/3rd into the main story or should have been a plot line resolved halfway through the main story, with V stopping Johnny from taking over his body but not being able to get rid of his conscious. The idea that V is just running around bullshytting like he doesn't have a few weeks to live is stupid as fukk. Makes you feel like you should be skipping the side quests.
I wonder if the shyt ton of money they payed Keanu Reeves had something to do with it:pachaha:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yep the main plot makes zero sense.

The sense of urgency was so inconsequential to everything in the game. I was actually confused when I first played it thinking if I explored too much or did too many side missions without progressing the story that I would end up dying due to some arbitrary timer running out.

And then you still die anyways. The whole story is just your luck getting worse and worse like RDR2. It doesn't even feel fulfilling when you beat the game.

It's still a good game cause of the Deus Ex gameplay loop, and how it allows you to tackle missions in a million ways. But the story was complete trash.
My friend said he played through it and did the suicide ending cause he thought he would just come back as Johnny but then the credits rolled with the characters telling him he took the easy way out and he was like :dahell:.

shyt had me rolling :mjlol:. I was like why would you do that :mjlol:

He said I mean shyt the last time V got shot in the head he came back to life so I figured it would happen again :mjlol:

This story of this game has so much unintentional comedy. If you do the NCPD missions and you actually read the shards you see all types of fukkery. The random dead body you see on the ground in one location is someone who was popping a whole bunch of shyt on a shard in another location talking about fukk the tyger claws i'm selling glitter on my own now and got clapped up and dumped in the first location you went to.

One in particular is you kill some tyger claws and read the shards and they tracked down the woman you find dead there and it says her boyfriend was taking her to this ripperdoc he know he can trust and get some spy cyberware removed so they can't know where she is and they going to leave the city.

Later on I did one of the NCPD missions and there is a random message from that same ripperdoc to the tyger claws like "hey this woman is her wanting me to take out some spy cyberware you put in your sex workers I am pretty sure you don't want me to do that what you want me to do with this chick":dahell:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Wish this shyt would go on a deep sale on PC or put it in gamepass or something. My PC on the low end but I still wanna try. Been playing CDP games since W1 way back before they even the enhanced edition in 08.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I wonder what was the original story they had planned for this game cause when you think about it the story makes no fukking sense with how the game is laid out. At the exact same time the game tells you, you only got X amount of time to live so you need to find a way to save yourself, is the exact time they open the game up for you to do all the content in the game :mjlol:

Hey you only got X amount of time to live but now we going to open up the whole map so instead of dealing with that problem you can now do these 100 fixer missions...

Hey you only got X amount of time to live but now we going to open up the whole game so now you can do these 250 police missions...

Hey you only got X amount of time to live but now we going to open up the whole game so grind enough to earn a million eddies and buy 100 cars...

Hey you only got X amount of time to live but don't worry about that we added the ability for you to buy an apartment so you need to go do that shyt before you kick the bucket...

Hey you only got X amount of time to live but don't worry about that do these races with this tranny and help help her/him/she/he get revenge for the death of her husband/wife/pronoun/adjective/conjunction...

The whole story is just super bizarre when you really think about it...the game tries to frame adam smasher as a villian where he literally doesn't do one thing villainous or wrong the whole game...

I want a DLC of this game from Adam Smasher point of view cause all buddy trying to do is his job but the game just won't let you stop fukking with Arasaka long enough for him to take a fukking lunch break :mjlol:

V you only got X amount of time to live but before you save your own life go box 5 people and become the heavyweight boxing champion of the world:mjlol:

Some resident evil level story telling going on in this game...

Yep the main plot makes zero sense.

The sense of urgency was so inconsequential to everything in the game. I was actually confused when I first played it thinking if I explored too much or did too many side missions without progressing the story that I would end up dying due to some arbitrary timer running out.

And then you still die anyways. The whole story is just your luck getting worse and worse like RDR2. It doesn't even feel fulfilling when you beat the game.

It's still a good game cause of the Deus Ex gameplay loop, and how it allows you to tackle missions in a million ways. But the story was complete trash.

Been saying this for a minute.

They had most of the game finished and all the promo made it seem like the Voodoo Boyz were a big deal (go look at the stuff that came out before it was announced Keanu was in it).

And Johnny Silverhand was referred to as a dead character. They wanted to add Keanu to the game and I bet he didn't want to be a main character. shyt, his voice lines sound like 1 takes. :mjlol:.

This is prolly why the game got delayed by the time that 45 minute demo came out--which actually wasn't the game.

They was trying to make Johnny SIlverhand the secondary protaganist.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Already jumped back in. :russ: First playthrough as a Nomad.

FZLXBb1WQAAVpOd

FZLSp4mWIAAVUhc

FZLcuWqXgAAE-En

FZLTCZRXEAYq4d_

FZLU0xoXoAE_O4J

FZLU8c3X0AA20sQ

FZLVzjkXkAwgrPO

I think whereas the Street Kid V I played ultimately ended the game realizing he wanted to fill the void with family as opposed to power, Nomad V is ending the exact opposite by longing for family to start before reaching a breaking point and going full blown :demonic: to take power & glory. Going for that secret ending and soloing Arasaka to claim Night City to end this one.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I aight so I did the Johnny ending first and wow was that some bullshyt. Then did the nomad ending and I'm satisfied because it makes the most sense and has an ok resolution to V's plot arc if you started as a corpo. Time to officially put this game down now

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I got this game when the series x first dropped never played it. After this massive update it's asking for, it will be a better game than at release :lupe:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to run this through again using blades. I also heard something about a secret ending where you can solo arasaka - I'm going to figure that out.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Been saying this for a minute.

They had most of the game finished and all the promo made it seem like the Voodoo Boyz were a big deal (go look at the stuff that came out before it was announced Keanu was in it).

And Johnny Silverhand was referred to as a dead character. They wanted to add Keanu to the game and I bet he didn't want to be a main character. shyt, his voice lines sound like 1 takes. :mjlol:.

This is prolly why the game got delayed by the time that 45 minute demo came out--which actually wasn't the game.

They was trying to make Johnny SIlverhand the secondary protaganist.

Not trying to shyt on anyone who likes the game. It's even grown on my a tad, but CDPR was full of shyt. The stuff with Johnny doesn't feel complete. I don't even like Johnny, and Keanu didn't help. Jackie was the more compelling character. I remember the rumors of the issues with this game back when Gamasutra was still around. Which is why I wasn't surprised when they said the game would be 1st person for a "better immersive experience". So I wouldn't be surprised is Keanu's role was pumped up for the star power. I played all three Witcher games. The story for CP2077, to me, wasn't even as strong as the point and click Witcher 1.