"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i don't know how you compare outer worlds or fallout combat to cyberpunk unless you play on journalist mode :dwillhuh:
Those games had trash combat too, but they also had alot more going on aside from the combat. All cyberpunk has is the augmentations for combat, which sucks, and a shallow barebones city that looks nice.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Those games aren't western RPGs, and you'd think that level of customization would be a given for a fukking cyberpunk game.

No you can't.

Any other western rpg game has factions you can choose to aline yourself with, and that makes other factions hostile towards you. The story could change based off who you choose to help in other Gamez.

This game you'll read about some gang having history with another gang, but you'll never see it play out outside of a particular mission. You can go from doing jobs for one side to the other to straight up helping the cops and nobody gives a damn, it has no effects on the story or the world whatsoever. For a game that claims you can become "a night city legend" nothing you do ever has any impact on the city, you just go through the motions until you get a trash ending and then V's story is over like a fart in the wind.
I'm pretty sure I got tatted up twice when I played :dwillhuh: didn't know that was such a make or break in the first place. And I'm pretty sure action RPGs made by western devs count as WRPGs - but even if they aren't because this is definitely hair splitting territory and everyone can recognize that, I got no idea why character customization at the appearance level after creation is at the top of any list of complaints about Cyberpunk. If you really want to dive into that "I can't change my appearance after the start of the game" thing, even Baldur's Gate 3 doesn't have that on their to-do list and their entire thing is customization.

And factions mean something if its a part of the narrative - its fukk everybody in Cyberpunk and always has been :dwillhuh: to your other point you can't even take certain jobs until you meet certain requirements anyways.

Any time I actually feel like I could complain about something about this game there's some egregious shyt that just throws me off and reminds me how much people tripped over nothing.

There's an entire tangent I've been waiting to get off my chest about how Tech tree advancement gatekeeps the majority of modification/upgrading options in the game, how the game doesn't communicate enemy scaling well at all, how swimming is cursed, etc - but instead its always some wacky shyt brought up with cyberpunk that you almost never see come up anywhere else :dead:
Those games had trash combat too, but they also had alot more going on aside from the combat. All cyberpunk has is the augmentations for combat, which sucks, and a shallow barebones city that looks nice.
:mjlol: ight im done

this is just blatantly disingenuous. talking about barebones cities and giving fallout and outer worlds a nod at the same time. don't even know why i took this serious

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When is baldurs gate 3’s full console version dropping? I haven’t been keeping up with it but thats prob the one I’m looking forward to the most

Divinity original sin 2 is still the goat

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
When is baldurs gate 3’s full console version dropping? I haven’t been keeping up with it but thats prob the one I’m looking forward to the most

Divinity original sin 2 is still the goat
When? more like if :hubie: I love what they've done in Early Access so far but its also been a year and change at this point.

Many larger sites don't even play PC RPGs like that, but Pathfinder: Wrath of The Righteous has been the closest thing to dethroning DOS2 in years imo. Way more technical and deep, but equally rewarding. Easy RPG of the year for me (if you kinda ignore how jank crusade mode is, but its not critical to the game anyways). Nothing else came close. And I hated Kingmaker with a passion :mjlol: I'd recommend it to anyone who liked Tyranny, Pillars, DOS2, Tides, BG, etc

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm pretty sure I got tatted up twice when I played :dwillhuh:
Cyberpunk 2077: How To Get More Tattoos

"However, if you want more, you’re out of luck. There is currently no way of getting new tattoos or changing the ones you already have in Cyberpunk 2077. The game doesn’t warn you that your choices in the character creator are absolutely final, which is a big disappointment."

:unimpressed:
ight im done

this is just blatantly disingenuous. talking about barebones cities and giving fallout and outer worlds a nod at the same time. don't even know why i took this serious

I said outer worlds was just as shallow without all the game breaking glitches, which makes it better by default.

There's alot more shyt to do in fallout than there is in cyberpunk. Choices you make can effect how certain people react to you. In cyberpunk it's "fukk everybody" but nobody gives a fukk about you. V might as well not exist with how little impact he has on the world around him.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
y’all have the same damn argument every time these nikkas at CDPR drop false hope

:russ:
breh if these were even the factual, legit last gen console complaints i'd be 100% in sync with all of it :hubie:
Cyberpunk 2077: How To Get More Tattoos

"However, if you want more, you’re out of luck. There is currently no way of getting new tattoos or changing the ones you already have in Cyberpunk 2077. The game doesn’t warn you that your choices in the character creator are absolutely final, which is a big disappointment."

I said outer worlds was just as shallow without all the game breaking glitches, which makes it better by default.

There's alot more shyt to do in fallout than there is in cyberpunk. Choices you make can effect how certain people react to you. In cyberpunk it's "fukk everybody" but nobody gives a fukk about you. V might as well not exist with how little impact he has on the world around him.
I actually went back and checked - got two tattoos each off of missions. One was attached to Johnny, the other is from an early mission. :manny: im still shocked that its such a big deal to anyone

And we realllllllly not about to start on some "no gamebreaking glitches" purity regarding outer worlds :dead:

The Story of Fixing This ‘Outer Worlds’ Bug Is So Frickin’ Cool

like really just look at this wholesale different brand of energy :noah: wow its so frickin cool.
when returnal deleted my saves i took it as a challenge :mjgrin: etc and so on

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh:

Bugs aside the game was shallow as hell, It's a 7 at best.

All that shyt they were hyping before release, no character customization, no real police a.i., no car chases, no gang affiliations, no gang wars, no choices that impact the story, garbage combat, unbalanced rpg elements, etc.

They hyped all that shyt in those teasers leading up to release and none of that shyt was actually in the game. The bugs could have been forgiven if they had a fraction of the mechanics they promised before it released.

Game was pure trash

:francis:

this about sums it up for me at this point, but hey everyone has their own preference:yeshrug:

It was fun I finished it but I’ll never play this game again it was pretty mid.

nikkas talking about multiple playthroughs and shyt:mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm pretty sure I got tatted up twice when I played :dwillhuh: didn't know that was such a make or break in the first place. And I'm pretty sure action RPGs made by western devs count as WRPGs - but even if they aren't because this is definitely hair splitting territory and everyone can recognize that, I got no idea why character customization at the appearance level after creation is at the top of any list of complaints about Cyberpunk. If you really want to dive into that "I can't change my appearance after the start of the game" thing, even Baldur's Gate 3 doesn't have that on their to-do list and their entire thing is customization.

And factions mean something if its a part of the narrative - its fukk everybody in Cyberpunk and always has been :dwillhuh: to your other point you can't even take certain jobs until you meet certain requirements anyways.

Any time I actually feel like I could complain about something about this game there's some egregious shyt that just throws me off and reminds me how much people tripped over nothing.

There's an entire tangent I've been waiting to get off my chest about how Tech tree advancement gatekeeps the majority of modification/upgrading options in the game, how the game doesn't communicate enemy scaling well at all, how swimming is cursed, etc - but instead its always some wacky shyt brought up with cyberpunk that you almost never see come up anywhere else :dead:

:mjlol: ight im done

b-b-but watch when I shoot the water :troll:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
When? more like if :hubie: I love what they've done in Early Access so far but its also been a year and change at this point.

Many larger sites don't even play PC RPGs like that, but Pathfinder: Wrath of The Righteous has been the closest thing to dethroning DOS2 in years imo. Way more technical and deep, but equally rewarding. Easy RPG of the year for me (if you kinda ignore how jank crusade mode is, but its not critical to the game anyways). Nothing else came close. And I hated Kingmaker with a passion :mjlol: I'd recommend it to anyone who liked Tyranny, Pillars, DOS2, Tides, BG, etc

I actually got a new laptop and finally started my Wrath of the Righteous playthrough myself. I understand the Kingmaker hate, it leans way too hard into DND mechanics that I feel like shouldn't even be adopted into a CRPG format, it makes you learn that shyt inside and out. I miss the kingdom stuff in Kingmaker but it's better from encounter to encounter and has better characters. (In hindsight I hated all the characters in Kingmaker except Amiri and the black Hunter dude :mjlol:)

I made it to the end of the first Baldur's Gate 3 build and I don"t really feel like I gained anything worthwhile from playing it tbh. It's more of the same if you've played DOS, just more cinematic.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I actually got a new laptop and finally started my Wrath of the Righteous playthrough myself. I understand the Kingmaker hate, it leans way too hard into DND mechanics that I feel like shouldn't even be adopted into a CRPG format, it makes you learn that shyt inside and out. I miss the kingdom stuff in Kingmaker but it's better from encounter to encounter and has better characters. (In hindsight I hated all the characters in Kingmaker except Amiri and the black Hunter dude :mjlol:)

I made it to the end of the first Baldur's Gate 3 build and I don"t really feel like I gained anything worthwhile from playing it tbh. It's more of the same if you've played DOS, just more cinematic.
I've probably uninstalled Kingmaker more than any other game on my PC :mjlol: go into a dungeon and get killed because you touched a chest that was cursed by the devil himself and now your whole part is deaf dumb and blind while having to fight a swarm of bees that all do ability damage.

I played through the entire first half of WoTR waiting for it to get stupid :leostare: By the time I hit the last act I just had to give credit where its due. They nailed the formula finally. Got well over 100 hours in it and outside of one demonic ass dungeon that a few people demanded be in the game, it was crack the whole way through.

BG3 is gonna be legit tho. Its quality as fukk they just need to commit to some stuff instead of letting feedback sway too many decisions. Played the latest update and its already better than most of the shyt people even hope to see with a full title in that genre.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I've probably uninstalled Kingmaker more than any other game on my PC :mjlol: go into a dungeon and get killed because you touched a chest that was cursed by the devil himself and now your whole part is deaf dumb and blind while having to fight a swarm of bees that all do ability damage.

I played through the entire first half of WoTR waiting for it to get stupid :leostare: By the time I hit the last act I just had to give credit where its due. They nailed the formula finally. Got well over 100 hours in it and outside of one demonic ass dungeon that a few people demanded be in the game, it was crack the whole way through.

BG3 is gonna be legit tho. Its quality as fukk they just need to commit to some stuff instead of letting feedback sway too many decisions. Played the latest update and its already better than most of the shyt people even hope to see with a full title in that genre.

Yeah Kingmaker is like that. :dead:

Pick one wrong class or ability and you've softlocked the game, put 30 hours in and can't beat it due to a bad build. :mjgrin: I've never played real DND but I imagine that game is what people complain about when they talk shyt about the people running the games.

We'll see about BG3. I thought it was just ok

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Kingmaker is like that. :dead:

Pick one wrong class or ability and you've softlocked the game, put 30 hours in and can't beat it due to a bad build. :mjgrin: I've never played real DND but I imagine that game is what people complain about when they talk shyt about the people running the games.

We'll see about BG3. I thought it was just ok

Nah, most good DMs in DND aren’t trying to kill or screw the party.