"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Iv been waiting for a “complete” version of this game for a year since I bailed on getting it at release because it was a mess, I just wanna play it already

when-are-they-going-to-get-to-the-fireworks-factory-milhouse-van-houten.gif

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Just play that shyt breh it’s an 8/10 game at the absolute worst.
:hhh:

Bugs aside the game was shallow as hell, It's a 7 at best.

All that shyt they were hyping before release, no character customization, no real police a.i., no car chases, no gang affiliations, no gang wars, no choices that impact the story, garbage combat, unbalanced rpg elements, etc.

They hyped all that shyt in those teasers leading up to release and none of that shyt was actually in the game. The bugs could have been forgiven if they had a fraction of the mechanics they promised before it released.

Game was pure trash

:unimpressed:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
You're a fukking idiot if you think they about to abandon this game. Next-gen release (including major fixes, AI improvements, QOL updates, adding in originally cut content) and major DLC enhancements handled right will easily set CDPR up for some major cashgrabs going forward for the next 10 years around this game and a potential sequel. Cyberpunk being released on next-gen will be the actual release for this game (as it should have been all along). As people stated before, people that originally purchased the game last year were basically buying the Alpha version of the game.

Quote this post.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:hhh:

Bugs aside the game was shallow as hell, It's a 7 at best.

All that shyt they were hyping before release, no character customization, no real police a.i., no car chases, no gang affiliations, no gang wars, no choices that impact the story, garbage combat, unbalanced rpg elements, etc.

They hyped all that shyt in those teasers leading up to release and none of that shyt was actually in the game. The bugs could have been forgiven if they had a fraction of the mechanics they promised before it released.

Game was pure trash

:unimpressed:

Ok take the marketing hype and failed expectations out of the equation. Objectively speaking, this is still a very good WRPG that shyts on most other titles in the genre. There are definitely things that could be better, but you would be hard pressed to give me 3 modern WRPGs on this level.

I always thought the GTA comparisons were a disservice to the game and really its the people wanting THAT who are usually the most outspoken about being disappointed in this game. It's way more comparable to something like Fallout.

And there are actually quite a few decisions in side quests and in the main story that have significant variance in outcomes. They could've done more with the life paths sure, but you can still make plenty of meaningful decisions throughout the game.

It's not perfect but the narrative around this game is much much worse than its merits as an actual game to play.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ok take the marketing hype and failed expectations out of the equation. Objectively speaking, this is still a very good WRPG that shyts on most other titles in the genre.
Which titles?

Fallout 4 shyts on this game and that's bethesda at their worst.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Which titles?

Fallout 4 shyts on this game and that's bethesda at their worst.

Fallout 4 came out over 5 years ago.

It is also my most played game of last gen so :hubie:

I loved Outer Worlds but that game aint coming close to cyberpunk. If there are any WRPGs that came out in the past few years that're better than Cyberpunk, let me know cuz I'll likely check it out:ehh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You create a character at the beginning and that's it. Can't even get a damn haircut or any tattoos once you start the game.

:stopitslime:
that's really a complaint? :russ: bruh people ain't been able to change a haircut or tattoo in destiny for 7 fukking years. borderlands is just palette swaps and bad skins. dishonored barely tried. far cry couldn't care less. etc

and im pretty sure you can get tats and change appearances later on too. i thought you were talking about buildcrafting or something - but that's even more jokes.

i don't even get the gang affiliation thing when its fukk everybody for the most part per the narrative. but the police AI shyt was some of the most convenient outrage I'd seen in a minute. right up there with "why can't i kill the kids when they spot me doing crimes in skyrim" type stuff. the gta marketing should've had everyone like hold the fukk up....

either way, what the game is is waaaaaay more than what it isn't though. that's always been my thing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I loved Outer Worlds but that game aint coming close to cyberpunk. If there are any WRPGs that came out in the past few years that're better than Cyberpunk, let me know cuz I'll likely check it out:ehh:

Cyberpunk is on the exact same level as fallout 4 to me, no better or worse. The only difference is cyberpunk takes place in a live city so people keep comparing it 1:1 with GTA when it should be compared to a Bethesda title, like Witcher 3 was.

The supporting characters in cyberpunk are actually better than the companion characters in fallout 4 outside of Curie

Judy, panam, Jackie, Johnnie, Takemura, rogue….etc

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

There hasn't been any wrpg games that dropped in a few years, I guess when you compare it to games that don't exist then it's not that bad.

Outer worlds is just as shallow but nowhere near as glitchy, it's better than cyberpunk by default.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that's really a complaint? :russ: bruh people ain't been able to change a haircut or tattoo in destiny for 7 fukking years. borderlands is just palette swaps and bad skins. dishonored barely tried. far cry couldn't care less. etc
Those games aren't western RPGs, and you'd think that level of customization would be a given for a fukking cyberpunk game.
and im pretty sure you can get tats and change appearances later on too. i thought you were talking about buildcrafting or something - but that's even more jokes.
No you can't.
i don't even get the gang affiliation thing when its fukk everybody for the most part per the narrative. but the police AI shyt was some of the most convenient outrage I'd seen in a minute. right up there with "why can't i kill the kids when they spot me doing crimes in skyrim" type stuff. the gta marketing should've had everyone like hold the fukk up....

Any other western rpg game has factions you can choose to aline yourself with, and that makes other factions hostile towards you. The story could change based off who you choose to help in other Games.

This game you'll read about some gang having history with another gang, but you'll never see it play out outside of a particular mission. You can go from doing jobs for one side to the other to straight up helping the cops and nobody gives a damn, it has no effects on the story or the world whatsoever. For a game that claims you can become "a night city legend" nothing you do ever has any impact on the city, you just go through the motions until you get a trash ending and then V's story is over like a fart in the wind.

Last edited: