"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
To be honest watching some of those videos I can see why some people are “disappointed”. How could you not if all that negativity is what you consume.

As someone who usually watches none of that, I have nothing to be disappointed about.

Like how are people mad about “cut content”? Wouldn’t even know what was “cut” if you didn’t have the YouTube dudes to research it and tell you what to be disappointed about :mjlol:

Same with the life path/decision stuff. They feel impactful while you are playing, you wouldn’t know how impactful they aren’t if you weren’t reading spoilers on the internet:manny:
The citizens in the world have scripted shootouts and if they’re shooting at the police and you attack them they will ignore you. There are scripted car chases in the world that happen over and over again and the participants can’t really die in them until they’re scripted to die.

Basically the entire open world is window dressings designed to fool you into believing it’s an open world city but upon further analysis it doesn’t hold up to basic scrutiny. You can point a gun at an AI driver behind the wheel of a car and they don’t even react.

The guy was walking around the city and you’d see citizens doing their thing. You turn around then look back where they were and they all vanish. Keep walking and they literally start popping back up around you. The citizens aren’t even driving in real time. They drive in predetermined paths and can’t properly react to stuff. If they all get stuck they just sit there and wait. You turn around then look back and they vanish.

He put it best when he said it’s like as a kid when your mom told you to clean your room and at the last minute you just shoved everything in the closet to try to fool her.

Sorry if it pisses you off but that’s a proper review of a game. Calling the developers to task for basic shyt they clearly cut and abandoned that’s stuff that has been apart of open world games for decades.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
He ripped this game to shreds.

He literally cited evidence for his criticisms and exposed the game developers No Man Sky launch level lies about what the game was supposed to be and how drastically they cut it down to get it out in the poor state it was released in.

Watched this earlier :whew: he dropped the bombs on them. Made me go follow up on my refund request.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To be honest watching some of those videos I can see why some people are “disappointed”. How could you not if all that negativity is what you consume.

As someone who usually watches none of that, I have nothing to be disappointed about.

Like how are people mad about “cut content”? Wouldn’t even know what was “cut” if you didn’t have the YouTube dudes to research it and tell you what to be disappointed about :mjlol:

Same with the life path/decision stuff. They feel impactful while you are playing, you wouldn’t know how impactful they aren’t if you weren’t reading spoilers on the internet:manny:
"B-b-but they promised next-gen gameplay. We should be able to play tennis, eat hotdogs, you know. The type of shyt that was in open-world games two generations ago....Wait, damnit you know what I mean :mjcry: "

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The citizens in the world have scripted shootouts and if they’re shooting at the police and you attack them they will ignore you. There are scripted car chases in the world that happen over and over again and the participants can’t really die in them until they’re scripted to die.

Basically the entire open world is window dressings designed to fool you into believing it’s an open world city but upon further analysis it doesn’t hold up to basic scrutiny. You can point a gun at an AI driver behind the wheel of a car and they don’t even react.

The guy was walking around the city and you’d see citizens doing their thing. You turn around then look back where they were and they all vanish. Keep walking and they literally start popping back up around you. The citizens aren’t even driving in real time. They drive in predetermined paths and can’t properly react to stuff. If they all get stuck they just sit there and wait. You turn around then look back and they vanish.

He put it best when he said it’s like as a kid when your mom told you to clean your room and at the last minute you just shoved everything in the closet to try to fool her.

Sorry if it pisses you off but that’s a proper review of a game. Calling the developers to task for basic shyt they clearly cut and abandoned that’s stuff that has been apart of open world games for decades.
Said nothing about pissing me off. Don’t play that dumb shyt with me :martin:

Yes the open world stuff is window dressing.
Yes the game has a multitude of things other open world games wouldn’t even dream of having.

It’s silly to harp on the things the game doesn’t have while ignoring the things it does.

Every single game ever has content/ideas/plans cut or changed during development. Most games have to real in ambitions in order to come out.

It’s fine to criticize the game for what is there, or for the experience you actually had with it, but no it is not a “proper review” to talk about shyt that isn’t even in the game cause you read some dev diary somewhere :stopitslime:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Said nothing about pissing me off. Don’t play that dumb shyt with me :martin:

Yes the open world stuff is window dressing.
Yes the game has a multitude of things other open world games wouldn’t even dream of having.

It’s silly to harp on the things the game doesn’t have while ignoring the things it does.

Every single game ever has content/ideas/plans cut or changed during development. Most games have to real in ambitions in order to come out.

It’s fine to criticize the game for what is there, or for the experience you actually had with it, but no it is not a “proper review” to talk about shyt that isn’t even in the game cause you read some dev diary somewhere :stopitslime:
The cops spawn right in front of you if you do something wrong. They can't chase after you if you get in a car and drive off because the spontaneous encounter police can't drive. That's open world 101. Have a police system so when the player creates mayhem they can run from them.

This game sounds more and more like it shouldn't have been an open world game. It sounds like they made a pretty game, developed a story and side missions then when it came to the open world part abandoned it in development, said get it up and running, and used window dressings to mask the lack of it.

In pre-order hype culture when they're selling you a game years in advance they had years to make as being open world and games that came out 16 years ago have actual better open world elements than it the game deserves to get blasted.

It's like they promised us a 2020 Benz and delivered a 200 Benz and you're going "at least they gave us a car and it drives. It gets me where I'm going I'm satisfied." CDPR overpromised, underdelivered and they deserve to get shytted on for it regardless of how much you and others choose to ignore what happened, lower your expectations, and be satisfied with what they delivered on.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What if somebody said before this game came out that the police won't chase or react to you in the in-game city. Would you have believed them?

This guy literally punches a civilian in front of the cop and they do nothing. They might as well be cardboard cutouts.

Shoot at them and they might do nothing at all even if you're visible.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Why is CDPR even worried about putting out patches? Address the crashes and call it a wrap. Game is fine as is. I just cant figure out why the devs or the investors -- those who actually pumped millions into the product -- have a take that's so far extreme from the sentiment of The Arcadium on TheColi.com.

If only someone would show a little humanity and forward the thread to Adam Kiciński. Call the wolves off, send the people home for the month, and just roll out the DLC come fall, breh. You're good.

The Coli said so.

:obama:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The cops spawn right in front of you if you do something wrong. They can't chase after you if you get in a car and drive off because the spontaneous encounter police can't drive. That's open world 101. Have a police system so when the player creates mayhem they can run from them.
No not all open worlds exist for random mayhem. Some do, some don’t. Cyberpunk is the latter

This game sounds more and more like it shouldn't have been an open world game. It sounds like they made a pretty game, developed a story and side missions then when it came to the open world part abandoned it in development, said get it up and running, and used window dressings to mask the lack of it.
the game is what it is. The focus is not on open world fukkery. It’s clear the majority of the dev time was spent on other things and the NPC A.I in the city is simply there for scenery purposes, same as the light posts and billboards.

In pre-order hype culture when they're selling you a game years in advance they had years to make as being open world and games that came out 16 years ago have actual better open world elements than it the game deserves to get blasted.
“Open world” is a vague term lots of games use that moniker and are very different from each other. It’s nonsense to chose a couple elements from a totally different style of game then claim this game must have it.

It's like they promised us a 2020 Benz and delivered a 200 Benz and you're going "at least they gave us a car and it drives. It gets me where I'm going I'm satisfied." CDPR overpromised, underdelivered and they deserve to get shytted on for it regardless of how much you and others choose to ignore what happened, lower your expectations, and be satisfied with what they delivered on.
No you made all of this up. They showed literally hours of uncut gameplay before the game came out. If people chose to ignore that and go in with expectations from a totally different game in a different genre from 16 years ago that’s their damn fault :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What if somebody said before this game came out that the police won't chase or react to you in the in-game city. Would you have believed them?

This guy literally punches a civilian in front of the cop and they do nothing. They might as well be cardboard cutouts.

Shoot at them and they might do nothing at all even if you're visible.

Theres 100s of hours of game to play, and you never have to do any of this.

Why would you stand and do this nonsense instead of doing missions and activities in the world??

I learned early on, that shyt is stupid and I never did it again :manny:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No not all open worlds exist for random mayhem. Some do, some don’t. Cyberpunk is the latter

the game is what it is. The focus is not on open world fukkery. It’s clear the majority of the dev time was spent on other things and the NPC A.I in the city is simply there for scenery purposes, same as the light posts and billboards.

“Open world” is a vague term lots of games use that moniker and are very different from each other. It’s nonsense to chose a couple elements from a totally different style of game then claim this game must have it.

No you made all of this up. They showed literally hours of uncut gameplay before the game came out. If people chose to ignore that and go in with expectations from a totally different game in a different genre from 16 years ago that’s their damn fault :mjlol:
Look. I'm about 40+ hours into Valhalla...and I haven't found one hot dog stand or tennis court yet. GTA2 had it. I'm tired of ya'll making excuses for these games and its' missing features :mjtf:

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
If Peter Molyneux was active nowadays gamers might burn his house down for all that cappin :mjlol:

Remember when he did that Kinect demo had people thinking you could communicate with that ugly ass kid? Little breh looking at the wrinkles on your face, reading your emotions. :russ:

People taking this to heart for real. Just refund the game :laff:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breh whenever I hit someone or shoot a pedestrian on accident the cops magically appear but who cares when I can go down the street and get my wanted level down :mjlol:

that shyt is hilarious that the cops can’t get in their vehicle and chase you:mjlol: