"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah - crafting is all over the place. once i realized how things scale, i didn't even upgrade iconic equipment ever again.

i did pour a DUMB amount of points into tech/crafting.... but at the same time, its just too damn powerful at every level.

Yeah, crafting in regards to Iconic weapons is a mess. Especially since the game explains little to nothing about how it works. I wasted resources trying to upgrade the Kongou, and after seeing it was only gaining a couple of points of DPS, bushed it. It's like there's an upgrade system, AND almost a Destiny style system for upgrading Iconics.

I think the most frustrating thing is that everything y'all have been saying about crafting rings true, but you really don't get the context for it until you hit 18 intelligence, and invest perk points to get rare and legendary items . That's a HUGE investment both in time and skill points. Even if you poured every point into Tech, that's easily getting yourself to mid game before crafting pays off the way the game clearly wants it to.

Having done some research into the tabletop game, it seems like this is a result of them trying to honor the benefits of classes in Cyberpunk 2020, but not come out and make you pick a class at character creation. But the game ends up playing better (and easier, really) if you pick at most three attributes and max them out, effectively picking a class.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, crafting in regards to Iconic weapons is a mess. Especially since the game explains little to nothing about how it works. I wasted resources trying to upgrade the Kongou, and after seeing it was only gaining a couple of points of DPS, bushed it. It's like there's an upgrade system, AND almost a Destiny style system for upgrading Iconics.

I think the most frustrating thing is that everything y'all have been saying about crafting rings true, but you really don't get the context for it until you hit 18 intelligence, and invest perk points to get rare and legendary items . That's a HUGE investment both in time and skill points. Even if you poured every point into Tech, that's easily getting yourself to mid game before crafting pays off the way the game clearly wants it to.

Having done some research into the tabletop game, it seems like this is a result of them trying to honor the benefits of classes in Cyberpunk 2020, but not come out and make you pick a class at character creation. But the game ends up playing better (and easier, really) if you pick at most three attributes and max them out, effectively picking a class.
Yeah, I'm definitely in agreement with you there.

The idea of iconic weapons is great. Tied into upgrade/crafting? That's where it goes to shyt. Whether its dismantling them by accident, recrafting them but not getting a full list of the possible perks, costs, etc - its just not tied off properly.

And I'm not sure if there's really a way to get completely around the investment issue either. Its wildly out of balance. Intelligence probably makes the most sense out of all of the Attribute trees because on one hand you have combat specific stuff (quickhacks) and on the other you have economic benefits/environmental benefits (breaching buffs/debuffs, turret/cam hacking, datamining).

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm definitely in agreement with you there.

The idea of iconic weapons is great. Tied into upgrade/crafting? That's where it goes to shyt. Whether its dismantling them by accident, recrafting them but not getting a full list of the possible perks, costs, etc - its just not tied off properly.

And I'm not sure if there's really a way to get completely around the investment issue either. Its wildly out of balance. Intelligence probably makes the most sense out of all of the Attribute trees because on one hand you have combat specific stuff (quickhacks) and on the other you have economic benefits/environmental benefits (breaching buffs/debuffs, turret/cam hacking, datamining).

Yeah. I'm gonna start a second playthrough after I wrap up my first, and I seriously don't know how I won't spec into Intelligence and Cool.

Even if you don't plan on using quickhacks, breach protocol is the easiest of money. Just via hacking, I was able to pay Vik back before Act One was over. The only time I've dipped under 300K eddies since maybe the middle of Act Two was when I decided I was going to empty out vendors of epic and legendary item components.......to craft new versions of iconic gear so they were on level. Not to mention the debuffs you can hit enemies with, and automatically flipping turrets to your side and whatnot.

Even if you don't want to do ANY stealth, Cool is still worth it for the increased crit damage and resistances you get with each level of it. Not to mention the tons of benefits that Cold Blood provides. shyt really provides everything from resistances to increased damage, to extra armor, to attack speed......it's too powerful of a skill tree to ignore, regardless of how you play.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yeah. I'm gonna start a second playthrough after I wrap up my first, and I seriously don't know how I won't spec into Intelligence and Cool.

Even if you don't plan on using quickhacks, breach protocol is the easiest of money. Just via hacking, I was able to pay Vik back before Act One was over. The only time I've dipped under 300K eddies since maybe the middle of Act Two was when I decided I was going to empty out vendors of epic and legendary item components.......to craft new versions of iconic gear so they were on level. Not to mention the debuffs you can hit enemies with, and automatically flipping turrets to your side and whatnot.

Even if you don't want to do ANY stealth, Cool is still worth it for the increased crit damage and resistances you get with each level of it. Not to mention the tons of benefits that Cold Blood provides. shyt really provides everything from resistances to increased damage, to extra armor, to attack speed......it's too powerful of a skill tree to ignore, regardless of how you play.

I ignored cool/cold blood but that's because with a good sniper rifle and the stealth quickhack tree you almost will never have encounters where you're fighting multiple guys at ones. Dudes are dead before they know youre there.

When i do a melee build i plan to jump into cold blood

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ignored cool/cold blood but that's because with a good sniper rifle and the stealth quickhack tree you almost will never have encounters where you're fighting multiple guys at ones. Dudes are dead before they know youre there.

When i do a melee build i plan to jump into cold blood

True. I'm playing a stealth netrunner with pistols/revolvers for a change of pace. Cold blood even has buffs for quickhacks :wow:

I feel sorry for brehs complaining about upload speeds and cooldowns, because I damn near don't know what those are anymore.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
driving in first person is one of the best parts of the game to me, people who complain about the driving, sum up whats wrong with today's gamers

they never want to take the time to master the game and learn how to play the game with the mechanics given, they want everything to be easy mode soon as they start, if you top and actually look at the road, and not try to turn corners like 100 miles per hour, you can control your car, paying attention while navigating the streets is added dimension to the gameplay I've never seen in an open world like this, and is the only open world game will driven is actually apart of the game play
The cars feel too weighty and unresponsive, even the sports/supercars. It only took a few minutes for me to adjust, but driving isn't a satisfying feeling in this game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cars feel too weighty and unresponsive, even the sports/supercars. It only took a few minutes for me to adjust, but driving isn't a satisfying feeling in this game.

That's your opinion, its one of the most immersion parts of the game, the motorcycles feel weighty and turn like motorcycles in first person better than any open world by far

Any of the expensive vehicles if you have trouble handling them, you can't drive, I'm sorry, some cars handle bad because they are designed that one

one guy said the little smart guy was the best car, the shyt can only got 100 miles per hour, they can't drive, if you driving over 100 in real life, you're not going to be able to turn on the dime, so why did you think you can do it in a game lmao

its ridiculous, people aren't even putting effort into actually driving, first person is easy mode, you're suppose to drive in first person until you master it, because it's uncomfortable at first people get discouraged and that sums up the modern gamer

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
That's your opinion, its one of the most immersion parts of the game, the motorcycles feel weighty and turn like motorcycles in first person better than any open world by far

Any of the expensive vehicles if you have trouble handling them, you can't drive, I'm sorry, some cars handle bad because they are designed that one

one guy said the little smart guy was the best car, the shyt can only got 100 miles per hour, they can't drive, if you driving over 100 in real life, you're not going to be able to turn on the dime, so why did you think you can do it in a game lmao

its ridiculous, people aren't even putting effort into actually driving, first person is easy mode, you're suppose to drive in first person until you master it, because it's uncomfortable at first people get discouraged and that sums up the modern gamer
You got it breh, I can see you feel strongly about this for whatever reason :hubie:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A new thread derail challenger approaches. :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think there is nothing wrong with the car handling. They definitely went a bit more simulation there where driving fast means you have less handling.

I mentioned it before but my favorite car is the Javalina because it seems to have better grip than most cars without sacrificing speed.