"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
What's the best way to level the skill then? The junk disassembly perk barely gives experience.
Craft items and disassemble them. Which is also trash because you can't craft in bulk. :beli:

But at least if you craft higher rated components (like epic grenades) you'll get higher value components for disassembling them.

seems like all that is only true because you completely leveled up crafting
Not really because your "blueprints" scale with your overall level.

So if you craft the same weapon at level 30 and at level 40 the second weapon will be higher rated even if you didn't level your crafting skill in particular.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
2080ti. last gen gpu but still more powerful than an xbox or ps5. stilll issues:francis:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Crafting/upgrading is so goddamn broken. I had crafted a legendary Ashura and upgraded it fully to its highest level (yes, I reached level 50 last night). Then I unlocked additional skills in crafting which gives bonuses to crafted weapons but not retroactively. So the base weapon Ashura I could now craft at level 50 was already more powerful than my earlier crafted and fully upgraded Ashura with four damage weapon mods.

What kind of shyt mechanic is that? :mindblown:

You basically spent a ton of resources to upgrade a gun that ends up being notably weaker than the exact same gun crafted at a higher level, and crafting a gun is way cheaper.

Long story short: DO NOT UPGRADE WEAPONS/ARMOR unless you like to waste resources!

:francis:

I don't really mind wasting resources as they're pretty easy to come by once you get into the habit of disassembling everything you don't want regularly. But I do know what you mean though, it is kind of disheartening putting so much time and effort building up and getting attached to a weapon just to have a stronger one pop up in your crafting menu hella randomly lol

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I don't really mind wasting resources as they're pretty easy to come by once you get into the habit of disassembling everything you don't want regularly. But I do know what you mean though, it is kind of disheartening putting so much time and effort building up and getting attached to a weapon just to have a stronger one pop up in your crafting menu hella randomly lol
Yeah, I disassemble almost everything by default because I was focusing on leveling up my crafting but it makes no sense how pointless upgrading is in relation to it.

Another example: the game uses item and upgrade components. Crafting only requires item components while upgrading times requires both item and upgrade components in equal amounts and more than you'd spend on crafting.

Unless I'm completely missing something about upgrading (no @Kamikaze Revy :whoa:) it really appears to be nothing more than an exponential waste of resources with no upside.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
EqdjIAXXEAE4Php

Placide's jacket got 4 slots
RIP Bozo

Daps
Reppin
NULL
driving in first person is one of the best parts of the game to me, people who complain about the driving, sum up whats wrong with today's gamers

they never want to take the time to master the game and learn how to play the game with the mechanics given, they want everything to be easy mode soon as they start, if you top and actually look at the road, and not try to turn corners like 100 miles per hour, you can control your car, paying attention while navigating the streets is added dimension to the gameplay I've never seen in an open world like this, and is the only open world game will driven is actually apart of the game play

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not really because your "blueprints" scale with your overall level.

So if you craft the same weapon at level 30 and at level 40 the second weapon will be higher rated even if you didn't level your crafting skill in particular.
but you can't even craft epic/legendary/etc stuff without certain perks, which only unlock when you invest a lot of points in that skill

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
but you can't even craft epic/legendary/etc stuff without certain perks, which only unlock when you invest a lot of points in that skill
Yes, but that just means you would have to put a bunch of attribute points into technical ability. It doesn't mean you necessarily have to spend a ton of time crafting.

Also, even if you don't put points into it the base quality of weapons increases as you level up regularly. So even if you could only craft common or uncommon weapons it's still cheaper to just craft a new weapon rather than upgrading an old one.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
driving in first person is one of the best parts of the game to me, people who complain about the driving, sum up whats wrong with today's gamers

they never want to take the time to master the game and learn how to play the game with the mechanics given, they want everything to be easy mode soon as they start, if you top and actually look at the road, and not try to turn corners like 100 miles per hour, you can control your car, paying attention while navigating the streets is added dimension to the gameplay I've never seen in an open world like this, and is the only open world game will driven is actually apart of the game play

I agree minus the self-aggrandizing need to try and shame “today’s gamers” but yes the driving mechanics are pretty realistic imo now that I’ve gotten the hang of it

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they need a rear view cam for the cars, and the daytime lighting in some cars is way too bright in 1st person.

granted no one really follows/chases you but a couple of times I drove past a gang and I wanted to use the rear view “mirror” to see which gang it was and how many were there

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
yeah - crafting is all over the place. once i realized how things scale, i didn't even upgrade iconic equipment ever again.

i did pour a DUMB amount of points into tech/crafting.... but at the same time, its just too damn powerful at every level.