"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, as I near the end of my first playthrough, I'd say that the best way to summarize this game is that when it's hitting it fukking HITS. But when it isn't, holy shyt.

Like, on one hand, I'm starting to question CDPR's world building reputation. For example, I was impressed with the detail provided for what led to Silverhand's death, and how all the events surrounding it lead to the events of the game, but when I was looking into Cyberpunk 2020 (because this got me interested in maybe playing it), and found that almost every detail is from something Mike Pondsmith wrote.

But in the other, the characters and questliines they wrote specifically for this are pretty damn good. For example, the thought put into using the songs Dinner man, There is a Light That Never Goes Out, and They Won't Go When I Go as titles for the quests in that chain is pretty good. Judy's questline has a payoff (at least for male V) that really makes an effort to make you feel bad for the character.

On one hand, this is the most wrapped up I've been in a game for quite some time. I'm already thinking about how I want to run my second and possibly third playthroughs.

On the other, that immersion is broken by how busted this game is right now. Crashes still happen quite often, sometimes in the middle of stretches of dialogue or gameplay with no checkpoints, or ability to save.i spent two lengthy sessions with the control hints for an armored vehicle on screen at all times, despite me not being in, around, looking at, or even remotely thinking of said vehicle. That cool montage you get of jobs you and Jackie went on after the intro mission, and the late title card in act one? Only know about them second hand, because the game said fukk showing all that.

But even with those annoyances, I still want to play more of it. Looking forward to them smoothing out the bugs/releasing a proper next gen version z and seeing what's good with the expansions.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The technical glitches are really hindering my ability to enjoy this game as much as I like. I ran into a bug where an npc’s subtitles stayed stuck on the menu regardless how far I got from them. Annoying as hell.

Also, I’m STILL constantly in the menus tweaking controls and hdr settings because the game just doesn’t feel right and doesn’t look as good as I would like it in terms of what’s dark being dark and what’s bright being bright. The hdr settings are terrible and you really don’t know what you did to the image until you leave the menu altogether.

TLDW; Leave HDR off. It's currently not properly optimized.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
CDPR needs to fukk off with any DLC and make sure the game is playable on all platforms they released it on first. :stopitslime:

That Fiat drives so smooth :wow:

Wish I could customize it :francis:

Also whoever said bikes handle the best is on that bullshyt :hhh:
True as hell. Motorcycles and most cars handle like trash, drift all over the fukking place.

The best car I've found in the game so far is the Quadra Type-66 Javalina you can buy in the most southern part of the game (the Biotechnica farm). It has the same speed as all the Quadra Type-66 sports cars but because it has off-road tires and grip it handles much better than most city sports cars.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They will focus on making the PS4 version acceptable before anything else.
Not being on PSN is a massive deal. They can't not be available there indefinitely, that would be crazy.

If you own a PS5 Digital Edition, you literally cannot purchase and play the game at all right now

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
When Panam...

Dropped everything and risked her entire clan's livelihood for you

full

V:
full

Panam: OK

:wow:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
They will focus on making the PS4 version acceptable before anything else.
Not being on PSN is a massive deal. They can't not be available there indefinitely, that would be crazy.

If you own a PS5 Digital Edition, you literally cannot purchase and play the game at all right now

Which is a huge reason why buying a digital only version of a locked down system isn't smart. This is getting away from Cyberpunk though and more about ownership. It's a topic for another discussion.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Which is a huge reason why buying a digital only version of a locked down system isn't smart. This is getting away from Cyberpunk though and more about ownership. It's a topic for another discussion.

I'm with you on this one. There's only been some isolated incidents of this so far but going forward I think going only digital will be risky. It's already starting to affect music and movies a bit but gaming as a collective haven't seen the growing pains of it just yet.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do certain rooms have different temperatures or something? :what:
I was doing the flat head mission (the one where you actually get it from those robot face people) cleared the entire area of enemies, was walking around exploring and was randomly taking heat/fire damage. :why:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Do certain rooms have different temperatures or something? :what:
I was doing the flat head mission (the one where you actually get it from those robot face people) cleared the entire area of enemies, was walking around exploring and was randomly taking heat/fire damage. :why:
someone was using the overheating hack on you