"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: I remember that shyt from call of duty when you have to breath in the steady the cross hairs...
In most games it's exclusively a problem that snipers have to overcome, but they get to hold their breath. In this game away looks like it's on all guns, but feels like it affects handguns the most.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mindblown: I didnt even know weapon sway is a thing....
its weird because it doesn't seem to start immediately on the first shot with all weapons

holding a revolver or a burst weapon, you'll probably not even notice it like that for a while. i don't think i even really started checking for it til i tried using SMGs and noticed how the weapon was getting away from me. cover helps a ton and its hard to notice while firing from the hip at times too

if you've ever used tech rifles or handguns though - it gets harder to deal with as they're way worse than the power weapons.
In most games it's exclusively a problem that snipers have to overcome, but they get to hold their breath. In this game away looks like it's on all guns, but feels like it affects handguns the most.
yeah. its why i stopped fukking with the tech semi-auto handgun altogether. the kenshin i think

straight to the bushes every time

there's a lot of weird shyt in the game that's not fully explained or kinda assumed. a lot of guns will do more damage after a ricochet for example - but instead of throwing shyt off walls, its easier to get that damage off the floor. especially if you've got mods that let you do more damage to limbs/torsos. i don't think people know what the status effects do either

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Oh yall done fukked up by telling me how to take these screenshots
3MgJe7J.png

'bout to act an ass

obligatory :dame:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:mindblown: I didnt even know weapon sway is a thing....
@42 Monks
I’m looking at the skill tree right now...
Under “assault” there’s a perk called “punisher” and it states “after defeating an enemy with a rifle or sub machine gun, weapon sway is nullified and weapon spread does not increase for 10 sec.”
@ORDER_66 a few games that lean towards rpg have similar mechanics. Off the top of my head I remember one (or even more) resident evil games having weapon sway and you had to find a red laser for your gun to reduce it. If I recall correctly border lands had a similar mechanic where the higher your level was the less your weapons swayed.
This is different than weapon recoil. What I’m specifically talking about is how when you aim a weapon it feels like your on a boat/drunk. It’s like the dev wants you to level up your characters ability to hold a gun straight.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks
Under “assault” there’s a perk called “punisher” and it states “after defeating an enemy with a rifle or sub machine gun, weapon sway is nullified and weapon spread does not increase for 10 sec.”
@ORDER_66 a few games that lean towards rpg have similar mechanics. Off the top of my head I remember one (or even more) resident evil games having weapon sway and you had to find a red laser for your gun to reduce it. If I recall correctly border lands had a similar mechanic where the higher your level was the less your weapons swayed.
This is different than weapon recoil. What I’m specifically talking about is how when you aim a weapon it feels like your on a boat/drunk. It’s like the dev wants you to level up your characters ability to hold a gun straight.
Yeah, imagine the weapon trees as something out of Borderlands. And depending on what you're going for, you don't "need" all of those perks in a tree to be effective.

At the same time, there is stuff in completely unrelated trees like Cool/Stealth that have crazy utility. I think Cool has a perk that is a flat +15% to headshot damage. From any source.

When I respect my perks later on - I'll probably move all my points in Stealth from detection-related stuff to poison damage. Why? Because I can mod my Mantis blades to do poison damage and one of my go-to quickhacks, Contagion, does poison damage. With a few extra perks in that tree shifted around all poison damage I do will be at an increased clip, enemies effected by it will take more damage, and they'll be slowed :manny:

The leveling shyt is waaaaaaay more complicated than it looks and its the main reason I need to hurry up and finish my first run then run it back. I had no clue what half this shyt did or how to level trees independently. Want to level rifles and handguns? That's easy - use those weapons. Want to level Annihilation? Better rip people to shreds. Athletics? Do laps or burn your stamina by any means necessary.

This first run, my dumb ass put points in Throwing Knives :dead:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@42 Monks

I only noticed it very, very early on in the game. I'm playing on M+KB so accuracy isn't really an issue for me. Weapon sway isn't going to be a big deal for long.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I only noticed it very, very early on in the game. I'm playing on M+KB so accuracy isn't really an issue for me. Weapon sway isn't going to be a big deal for long.
That’s good to hear.
I’m on controller so stuff like that is annoying as hell. (also the feel of the ps5 controller vs the PS4 controller hasn’t been the smoothest transition for me. It’s a great controller but the size difference is screwing with my muscle memory) There’s other ways to add rpg elements into a shooter without throwing a mechanic in my way that purposely makes aiming harder.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Man.... That was one hell of a spooky side quest but felt like part of the main story.:wow: When the news clip ended with that kid's body just drop out of the car, I was like nononono....:mjcry: Joss's story about having it hard dealing with and without her husband hit me like :ohhh:. " It was hard with him around, but also hard without him, and yet he was still the father of my kids." She had to be the most realist parent I ever encounter in a game. " "He died a honorable death." I couldn't even recognize his face. What type of honor is that? " I really hit the :picard: on that one. I wish I could give her more support. Founding out about how River felt about not doing anything even though the police force didn't even tell him and gave it to a guy who never put in no effort was fukked up. If I didn't help, I have no idea how he would of gotten far in founding his nephew and founding him alive. The messages we found on Randy's computer had me :scust:, but that's exactly how it works in the real world. When we found the warehouse, that shyt was spooky as fukk. Anthony must of had at least over 200 mines around his property. Look at this shyt.:mindblown:
CTVTYU6F_o.png

Also, cool easter egg in the side quest. :myman:
MQMyzi5O_o.png
Best side quest to have me on a rollercoster so far. 10/10 :wow: