"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
So for those of y’all that finished it, did y’all feel like your choices really mattered?

did you get the impression that if you played it a different way things would have went completely different?

No not all

The choices you get at the end only depend on if you completed certain quests

Lifepath means nothing
It was a big letdown bc they made it seem more interactive than it actually is

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Any way I can get the contagion hack stronger?!:jbhmm:

There’s a bunch of perks for it. Outside of upgrading it to epic than legendary theres a perk that makes it spread to more people, gives it the ability to do huge crit damage and gets a damage multiplier from using it in stealth.

I’m sure there are more ways that I’m not thinking of also. It’s the most op skill in the game

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Oh by the ay did anyone else take homies car in that one fight mission? The dude with the pregnant baby mamma? I took it with the quickness along with the money :pachaha:

Legit only bought one car in this game. Taking some pics with it now.
Of course I did. I don't even like the car but fukk that dumbass. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No not all

The choices you get at the end only depend on if you completed certain quests

Lifepath means nothing
It was a big letdown bc they made it seem more interactive than it actually is

I agree lifepaths were a huge letdown.

It would have at least been nice if the path specific missions/quest were longer and mattered more to the plot but they are just bs short missions. Also path specific gear would have been cool.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
There’s a bunch of perks for it. Outside of upgrading it to epic than legendary theres a perk that makes it spread to more people, gives it the ability to do huge crit damage and gets a damage multiplier from using it in stealth.

I’m sure there are more ways that I’m not thinking of also. It’s the most op skill in the game

Yeah but I wanna know which perks on the skill trees does that... specifically.:ld:

Side note had my final fight with the heavyweight champ and he whipped my ass dude takes half your life with one hit but I got his life down to half and the game cheated on some sneak shyt...:stopitslime: dude was worst that frost from fight night:camby: next game im gonna heavily invest in street brawler..

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But even expecting a game developer to be more transparent with their development process is having too high of expectations. I will agree they should been transparent s the months leading up to the release with last gen versions of the game, that much is clear.

But a gaming companies rarely show us their games as a work in progress like CDPR have been doing for the last 2 years. If we were all privy to the amount of changes games go through in development we would have the same outrage for every major AAA title. RDR2 has entire sections of the map cut off.

That’s why datamining became popular because it allows people to go search for cut content in games. There;s always a lot of game left on the cutting room floor.

Nah. Even if they let media outlets actually post video when they let them play for 16 hours over the summer, that would've helped. Or, even using one of their Night City Wires to go over how character origins would've worked. Or doing anything to give people an example of what just moment to moment gameplay is like, considering that this was a departure from their previous development history. It'd be nice to see more gameplay from games in development, but it slides because so many games today have similar gameplay elements. Third person melee based game? Combat is some variation of Batman or Dark Souls combat. First person shooter? CoD style, or more recently, Doom style. Third person/cover shooter? Take a shot for every comparison to Gears of War, or Uncharted (chug if they make mention of Kill.Switch being the first modern cover shooter).

Once that first extended demo came out, Cyberpunk was pitched as something that was simultaneously all of its potential influences and none.

I think maybe it's my work experience (sales/business) that give me a different perspective on these messy game launches. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter if your product is good or not. It really just matters if it lives up to what you sold it as. You manage expectations to make sure you don't look like you just tried to get one over on somebody.

We see this all the time with people saying they had a better time with some smaller release than they did with a more polished AAA title. They expected less, and got more.

good point. I think that’s the mindset of most you tubers now that I think about it. I do think they should have tried to do something to lower expectations for ps4 but I can see why investors would not have been ok with that.

After this craziness I will now stop expecting you tubers to be unbiased. To be honest I only like game channels that offer like a strategy guide anyway which is why I followed them. I’ve never seen them give opinions on a game before.

like the Outer worlds was all types of underwhelming but no one shyt on them cause it’s not considered AAA which is BS IMO

That's how I approach it. On a base level, people have trouble being levelheaded about things they like, as shown by this thread. That aside, most of these content creators are being used as de facto branches of the media, and have absolutely no clue that they are. And since almost none of them have backgrounds in journalism, they don't understand how problematic it is that the lines between promoting a game and reporting on it are being manipulated.

Prime example was when Jason Schreier tried to shyt on a YouTube personality for defending CDPR after they tweeted about Cyberpunk going gold. There were people really arguing that taking marketing partnerships from a developer/publisher shouldn't mean anything in the grand scheme of covering a game.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You gotta have intelligence high so you can craft legendary quick hacks. I crafted legendary suicide and grenade hacks. Suicide is still unsettling when once you execute it. :whoa:

wait? Where that at?:ohhh:

Speaking unsettling.

Man there is some dark side mission shyt on this game:mjtf:

Like I don’t know if anyone found the side mission with that prisoner guy:whoo:

That shyt was hard to watch

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Oh by the ay did anyone else take homies car in that one fight mission? The dude with the pregnant baby mamma? I took it with the quickness along with the money :pachaha:

Legit only bought one car in this game. Taking some pics with it now.

I took the money but left him the car

I pulled up to this bytch in a Quadra the fukk I want that gold monstrosity for?:childplease: Baby mama gonna need that shyt to run errands anyway:flabbynsick:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
wait? Where that at?:ohhh:

Speaking unsettling.

Man there is some dark side mission shyt on this game:mjtf:

Like I don’t know if anyone found the side mission with that prisoner guy:whoo:

That shyt was hard to watch

It's under intelligence under quick hacks you have to be level 18 and build the tree towards it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Okay, one final vid to brag about Comrade's Hammer. :mjgrin:

64,000 damage on the balcony bytch. :mjlol:

Yeah but I wanna know which perks on the skill trees does that... specifically.:ld:

Side note had my final fight with the heavyweight champ and he whipped my ass dude takes half your life with one hit but I got his life down to half and the game cheated on some sneak shyt...:stopitslime: dude was worst that frost from fight night:camby: next game im gonna heavily invest in street brawler..
I already hated the Rhino fight so I'm not looking forward to this. Three hits and you're down and every opponent has a three hit combo with outrageously stupid range. Melee in this game is fukking trash.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You gotta have intelligence high so you can craft legendary quick hacks. I crafted legendary suicide and grenade hacks. Suicide is still unsettling when once you execute it. :whoa:

Been had the legendary suicide and grenade hacks..:lolbron: I just be in the bushes watching as the fukkery unfold with the grenades and shyt like
:bryan: :lolbron: