"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
My radio stays on Principales :banderas: the game soundtrack is wild underrated. This and Doom Eternal prob my fav game soundtracks of the year.

edit River City girls shyt was dope too idk if that came out this year tho :patrice:

I’m mad that I enjoy the Mexican station more than the hip hop one :skip:

shyts got some slappers tho:ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To be clear, my expectations were just that character origins and building would have a little more impact than they do, and there wouldn't be the level of jank there is with this game. I didn't ride the hype train on this one like most people did.

But to say that anyone's disappointment is unfair? Nah, breh. They deserve that shyt. They fed into the hype loop the entire way, and never said or did anything to base it in reality. They helped create these unrealistic expectations. You can't on one hand say that you're in tune with your player base, and know that they want, and then on the other know that your final product isn't going to come close to what they're expecting, and act like you had no idea this would happen. Especially when they ran their own series of streams to drip feed game info to the public and build hype. This all could've been avoided by being more transparent during development. Even a simple reset of expectations in June would have gone a long way to resolving the current situation.

But even expecting a game developer to be more transparent with their development process is having too high of expectations. I will agree they should been transparent s the months leading up to the release with last gen versions of the game, that much is clear.

But a gaming companies rarely show us their games as a work in progress like CDPR have been doing for the last 2 years. If we were all privy to the amount of changes games go through in development we would have the same outrage for every major AAA title. RDR2 has entire sections of the map cut off.

That’s why datamining became popular because it allows people to go search for cut content in games. There;s always a lot of game left on the cutting room floor.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Daisy Chain perk is bugged. Sometimes instead of decreasing cool down time, it raises it :francis:

Have to reload a save to fix it

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
For channels like that, though, they have a completely different type of investment than someone like you or I.

I mean, they're still making in depth videos about Skyrim. So for them, they could easily say that this game will ultimately cost them money, since it's not the experience they were at one point led to believe they were. It's emblematic of the symbiotic relationship between content creators and developers. And one hand, I get it. That's disappointing. But that's a them problem, not a me problem. This game isn't the exact experience I was thinking it would be, but it it's still a VERY fun game. So, I can't really count it as a disappointment.

good point. I think that’s the mindset of most you tubers now that I think about it. I do think they should have tried to do something to lower expectations for ps4 but I can see why investors would not have been ok with that.

After this craziness I will now stop expecting you tubers to be unbiased. To be honest I only like game channels that offer like a strategy guide anyway which is why I followed them. I’ve never seen them give opinions on a game before.

like the Outer worlds was all types of underwhelming but no one shyt on them cause it’s not considered AAA which is BS IMO

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri
Some gifs I made of Comrade's Hammer.

Drink beer, vaporize someone's entire lower body with a headshot :hubie:
J4cs1O3.gif

Hit them so hard their guns were left hanging in the air like Wile E Coyote :hubie:
BotFSni.gif

Killed a fool and the mahfukka wasn't even in my sights :hubie:
FKQ5wUm.gif
I love that gun. Can be chillin behind a few walls if you like and still drop bodies. The AOE is hilarious. Its my IDGAF anymore gun.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
good point. I think that’s the mindset of most you tubers now that I think about it. I do think they should have tried to do something to lower expectations for ps4 but I can see why investors would not have been ok with that.

After this craziness I will now stop expecting you tubers to be unbiased. To be honest I only like game channels that offer like a strategy guide anyway which is why I followed them. I’ve never seen them give opinions on a game before.

like the Outer worlds was all types of underwhelming but no one shyt on them cause it’s not considered AAA which is BS IMO
Only YouTube channel I actually pay attention to is ACG.

Everyone has their biases but he seems the most fair/objective.

When CDPR came with the shifty review terms of preventing any self captured footage and not even letting anyone see the last gen version before release, he reported on it. And refused to do the review till he got the retail game. Funny thing is, he got flack from his own fans for that decision

To anyone not caught up in the hype there was plenty of red flags, but most journos/Youtubers just care about the clicks so they ride the hype wave from top to bottom.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond

this video is why I asked that question, these dudes normally just put out videos mapping out different build types in these types of games. But they spent 50 minutes nitpicking and detailing every thing they felt was lacking and felt mislead. It’s annoying to hear them go on and on painting a narrative that this is a bad game.

I don’t know anyone in real life that actually talks like this about any game. They kept saying they enjoyed the game but didn’t spend half the time talking about what the game does right.

it should never be this serious

It's still funny to me how a lot of youtubers think their really good at doing video essays. They on the same bandwagon as everybody else.:mjlol: