"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because i put 50+ hours into the game already and having the most fun I’ve had gaming all year despite all the bugs?

Not sure how else I’m supposed to feel lol If i truly felt ‘wronged’ by them I wouldn’t care either way. They pulled a scumbag tactic that they’re feeling the wrath of, the worst parts of the game aren’t affecting the console I’m playing on.

If anything this just means they are gonna work hard to improve upon a game i already highly enjoy, which is pretty exciting.

CDPR aren’t my friends, i have nothing to lose by trashing them. Just like naughty dog or suckerpunch or BioWare isn’t.

If i don’t like a game I’m not gonna cape for it. It’s not my personality. I’ve been critical of big games i was looking forward to this year and I’m critical of cyberpunk just not in the way yall want me to be. I dont want to go kick in CDPR’s door and make a list of demands and get mad and go back and forth about it on the internet. My concern ends once they patch the game and start giving me free DLC

Nah, breh. "I like the game" isn't a good enough reason to let them skate on this one. I'm also REALLY enjoying this game, but the state this game is egregious. Even for the next-gen and PC versions, this is a bit of a mess.

But the fact that they clearly either didn't know or didn't care about the state of the game, and actively mislead Microsoft, Sony, and the games media as a whole in order to push the issues off until now and get the game out the door is crazy. Especially since that strategy largely relied on the poor refund policies of nearly every retailer, even though that ended up backfiring. While them giving out free content for the game is great, this is actively and even greater anti-consumerism at work.

So, while I'm having fun, it's completely within reason for me to expect them to do better and make this right for people.

There's no way the game was in active development for 8 years. It almost sounds like a Final Fantasy Versus XIII situation where XV came out and people tried to cite the time from Versus XIII's announcement to XV being released all as development time. I don't think Versus XIII ever saw real active full scale development and XV was done in about 3 years. I don't doubt Cyberpunk was in active development for less than half that 8 year time.

Yeah, brehs need to learn that "in development" in most forms of entertainment can be as simple as meaning some dude started pitching story ideas, it they started working on concept art, and that's it. Development doesn't really mean much until they start working towards a build of the game.

All games play off the SSD once installed. You shouldn’t hear the disc spinning.

It plays off of the SSD, but I believe it still does periodic checks to make sure the disc is still in the drive. I'm guessing it depends on the game, because Cyberpunk will spin what seems like after a couple of hours, but Ghost of Tsushima and Miles Morales felt like they were spinning once an hour. Minor annoyance for me at worst.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Nah, breh. "I like the game" isn't a good enough reason to let them skate on this one. I'm also REALLY enjoying this game, but the state this game is egregious. Even for the next-gen and PC versions, this is a bit of a mess.

Huh? I've had zero crashes on PC.

In fact since patch 1.04 almost everybody whose playing this on PC has been eating.

The few XSX brehs who are playing this aren't having problems either from what I saw.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So, while I'm having fun, it's completely within reason for me to expect them to do better and make this right for people.

ok? I pretty clearly stated i feel the same way. They deserve the backlash they're getting, so how am I 'giving them a pass'? At the end of the day im not upset, you want me to be mad? I don't get it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
just copped gave myself that big pecker. and a couple tats and scars. imma binge play this weekend. sometime on the ps5. do you guys know if i can install to play without the disc. sounded like my ps5 was about to take off with the disk in that bytch.

All games play off the SSD once installed. You shouldn’t hear the disc spinning.

PS5 has this thing where the disk drive spins up every 45 minutes or so.

Its "normal" in that all ps5's do it, even though it shouldn't really be a thing, if we being real.

Romell

Superstar
Daps

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This is wild. The game was, for all intents and purposes, still years from completion and they released it any way. We will never see this game reach the ambitions they aimed for and that's a shame. No way I'd feel compelled to complete if I was a dev on this. I'd be too burned from the news cycle and behaviors of management.

Honestly, alot of big games release subpar and make a turn around.

I dont think this will be a big deal by the spring, if they keep making the updates and dropping DLC.

As long as the core game is good, there is a feasible path to redemption.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh? I've had zero crashes on PC.

In fact since patch 1.04 almost everybody whose playing this on PC has been eating.

The few XSX brehs who are playing this aren't having problems either from what I saw.

Word? I thought people were still partying on PC being buggy after the patch. Maybe it's a YMMV thing? Either way, enjoy the feast, breh.

ok? I pretty clearly stated i feel the same way. They deserve the backlash they're getting, so how am I 'giving them a pass'? At the end of the day im not upset, you want me to be mad? I don't get it.

I mean, you were responding to someone asking you why you would give them a pass. Was I not supposed to take that as an explanation of said pass? All I'm saying is that it's possible to enjoy the game, recognize that some incredibly foul shyt happened to get this game out, and not let the first point turn you into the Defense Force for this game over the second point, or people just not liking the game in general.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Word? I thought people were still partying on PC being buggy after the patch. Maybe it's a YMMV thing? Either way, enjoy the feast, breh.

I mean, you were responding to someone asking you why you would give them a pass. Was I not supposed to take that as an explanation of said pass? All I'm saying is that it's possible to enjoy the game, recognize that some incredibly foul shyt happened to get this game out, and not let the first point turn you into the Defense Force for this game over the second point, or people just not liking the game in general.

ok its more of the thread derailing thas annoying at this point. Im allowed to enjoy the game and talk about it without being questioned and having to see videos of gtav. There's literally 10 other threads about cyberpunk let us delusional fans enjoying the game to do so.