"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I know SO many people who bought cyberpunk after all the issues were revealed, for all the talk about how horrible this is for CDPR it doesn’t seem to be fukking their sales that bad except plebs still using last Gen consoles. And I’m not excusing them for how they handled things but the game itself is really good and CDPR has great post launch support. Where they really fukked up is not being honest and upfront about the state of the game. Let people know there are bugs, as long as people know what to expect and know what they’re getting for their money they wouldn’t be mad. I don’t want it to be acceptable to release games in that state but it’s clear stockholders and VP’s of the company pretty much forced it to come out. Going forward they should be like rockstar, don’t say a damn thing, don’t release any footage of the game until it’s damn near ready to ship.
Very sound and compelling argument. Just because I enjoy the novelty of bugs in games, doesn’t mean I should support unfinished games. I think rockstar is a true AAA company as CDPR is either barely aaa or strong AA material. Not even going to act as if I know the ins and outs of development, but this was clearly a miscommunication amongst upper management and the developers because there’s no way this product should’ve been released to us. You think with current gen this will be a trend with the overwhelming demand for games from consumers or is this just a one off situation?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
From what i have seen they did not start work in earnest on the game until 2016 after the last Witcher expansion came out: Cyberpunk 2077's Development Didn't Start in Earnest Until After Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - IGN. But regardless, i am sure we are going to hear stories soon about bad management decisions, dysfunction and a lot of other things regarding this game. They should made this next gen and PC only, because no matter how may people own a last gen system or not, a game that runs like shyt on them is not going to do well in the long run in regards to their reputation and money.
People assume they've been working on this game for 8 years because they've been talking about it for that long. CDPR should not have been teasing and hyping a game still in the conceptualizing stages, they probably saw Bethesda pulling that shyt.

This disaster is ultimately on CDPR and I dont know if this game will ever recover from this launch, especially if they dont have a next gen port ready to go soon.

If it takes nearly a year to eventually fix this shyt and drop the game they promised on consoles, then it will forever go down as that shytty game with a disastrous launch that people make YouTube videos about it finally being good now and u you give it another chance.

Daps
People assume they've been working on this game for 8 years because they've been talking about it for that long. CDPR should not have been teasing and hyping a game still in the conceptualizing stages, they probably saw Bethesda pulling that shyt.

This disaster is ultimately on CDPR and I dont know if this game will ever recover from this launch, especially if they dont have a next gen port ready to go soon.

If it takes nearly a year to eventually fix this shyt and drop the game they promised on consoles, then it will forever go down as that shytty game with a disastrous launch that people make YouTube videos about it finally being good now and u you give it another chance.

Yea the only way for them to save this is for the Next Gen version to be ready ASAP.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Very sound and compelling argument. Just because I enjoy the novelty of bugs in games, doesn’t mean I should support unfinished games. I think rockstar is a true AAA company as CDPR is either barely aaa or strong AA material. Not even going to act as if I know the ins and outs of development, but this was clearly a miscommunication amongst upper management and the developers because there’s no way this product should’ve been released to us. You think with current gen this will be a trend with the overwhelming demand for games from consumers or is this just a one off situation?
CDPR is still a fairly small company, I think they’re half the size of rockstar. I think their writing and quest design is better than rockstar but rockstar has nailed the technical aspects and the sense of the cities actually being alive (NPC’s seem to be going about their daily lives). If CDPR and rockstar combined I think it’d be the best game dev ever. I think other gaming companies will look at the situation and really think about whether they want to release on last Gen, but I don’t think these last Gen releases of next gen games will last much longer.

Absolutely CDPR completely dropped the ball, but it is not no man sky or fallout 76 levels of shyt. No man’s sky literally had no content when the game released, cyberpunk has an insane amount of stuff to do. Fallout 76 had the most insane bugs I’ve ever seen, you would run faster the higher your FPS was, so people would look at the ground and would be running around like a speed hacker. Bethesda initially refused any refunds too.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
some of you guys don't even know you are losers.

most console gamers don't have time to memorize computer component names and models to floss them :laff:

gaming is not a dedicated part of everyones life :pachaha:
My post wasn’t about biggin up pc, more of pointing out peoples hypocrisy in this section. I dont see you here much but let me tell you, theres a lot of trolling and hypocrisy in this section. I play on consoles as well :smile:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know SO many people who bought cyberpunk after all the issues were revealed, for all the talk about how horrible this is for CDPR it doesn’t seem to be fukking their sales that bad except plebs still using last Gen consoles. And I’m not excusing them for how they handled things but the game itself is really good and CDPR has great post launch support. Where they really fukked up is not being honest and upfront about the state of the game. Let people know there are bugs, as long as people know what to expect and know what they’re getting for their money they wouldn’t be mad. I don’t want it to be acceptable to release games in that state but it’s clear stockholders and VP’s of the company pretty much forced it to come out. Going forward they should be like rockstar, don’t say a damn thing, don’t release any footage of the game until it’s damn near ready to ship.

So true. If we were to track it back to a single point, it was releasing that long gameplay demo a couple of years back. At first, it was just a a behind closed doors demo only for the media, like what happens with damn near every big game that isn't anywhere close to being ready. But everyone who saw it went crazy over it, and they released it to the public. That was clearly a mistake.

Ever since then, it's been them clearly struggling to keep up with expectations set from gameplay demos from a version not even remotely close to final.

We joke, but this is the ultimate cautionary tale of clout chasing.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Military brehs...just missed the Base Exchange restock. Had to recover the site account I made as a 2Lt...5 years ago :skip:

Make sure you're good to go, that website is a smooth purchase if you have your Twitter alert game all set up.

EDIT: My bad guys, this was meant for the PS5 thread.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

They pretty much have to spend a huge chuck of their marketing budget on re-promoting the fixed console version of the game.

Daps
:mjlol: Having these shootouts in these hideouts there’s always one fukker caught in a brain dance totally oblivious to the carnage going on.

Caught some bytch lacking after I just wiped out a bunch of valentinos.

Up close with the smart shotgun.... glitttt Bowwww! head, arm, legs, all that shyt was gone :lolbron:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
And now it’s removed from the PlayStation Store. This isn’t a good look for them. CDPR threw their entire reputation out the door. Now they’re just any other company. They weren’t supposed to be the developer that does this, and they’re going to have to do a lot to regain trust. This game was advertised for PS4 and Xbox One. It should be playing on those consoles well enough. It shouldn’t have to be played on a next gen console. Especially since it’s not a next gen game. I’m going to ride it out. After beating it, I’ll probably pick it up again after they drop the next gen upgrade. Hopefully it will include any missing features they left out. Or maybe by then I’ll have upgraded my pc and I’ll just get that version.