"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I wanna drive first person for immersion, but jeez between the physics, driving with a controller, no rear view, and some cars even having the dash take up half of the screen to where you can’t see the road in front of you, I just have to use third person. :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony pulled it completely. :dead:

@surf

Vocal, ungrateful minority, though. :mjgrin:

ya I’m too tired to pull receipts...but initially folks were really in here acting like ppl were dead wrong for complaining about the game...then they did some backpedaling when CDPR apologized and folks in here switched up to “we understand the complaints but it’s too much now” but nah...at first they were outright blaming ppl for saying the shyt looked bad and was unplayable in some instances...some are actually still blaming ppl for buying the game digitally when sony sells a digital-only console :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because its crashing game consoles and they deceived consumers...

SONY did the right thing here...
Like the HOT mess that was Fallout 76 at launch?

Or crashing consoles like miles was?

maybe no mans sky?

Don't recall any of those getting pulled.

Or maybe because it's so buggy like skyrim or the witcher, who's bugs are literally meme's at this point.

Cyberpunk is the game that pushed them over that moral edge and consumer friendly edge....:francis:

*loads up cyberpunk* lol

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Kind of messed up, not sure why cyberpunk is being made an example out of

because this is more than just the game, this whole situation is bleeding sony's pockets when it should have been an easy profit over christmas

im not too tapped in to this whole scenario but from what ive heard the the developing company basically told everyone that was angry with the game to go see sony and microsoft directly about getting a refund

so not only does sony have to pay all the visa, mastercard, and miscellaneous credit card fees for thousands of people

they have to pay bandwidth costs for a gigantic game (i think 100 plus or so gbs)

and they have to pay for these overworked customer service representatives, which have been bombarded by these same thousands of customers

its mad obvious why sony is moving like this and its not just about the game being broken

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because this is more than just the game, this whole situation is bleeding sony's pockets when it should have been an easy profit over christmas

im not too tapped in to this whole scenario but from what ive heard the the developing company basically told everyone that was angry with the game to go see sony and microsoft directly about getting a refund

so not only does sony have to pay all the visa, mastercard, and miscellaneous credit card fees for thousands of people

they have to pay bandwidth costs for a gigantic game (i think 100 plus or so gbs)

and they have to pay for these overworked customer service representatives, which have been bombarded by these same thousands of customers

its mad obvious why sony is moving like this and its not just about the game being broken

them japanese nikkas PISSED!

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
ya I’m too tired to pull receipts...but initially folks were really in here acting like ppl were dead wrong for complaining about the game...then they did some backpedaling when CDPR apologized and folks in here switched up to “we understand the complaints but it’s too much now” but nah...at first they were outright blaming ppl for saying the shyt looked bad and was unplayable in some instances...some are actually still blaming ppl for buying the game digitally when sony sells a digital-only console :mjlol:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who gives a shyt? Why yall still here?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
now if i start complainging about people derailing the thread (when theres an entire other thread going on for this) they gonna say it wasn't them.:whoa:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

tumblr_off2zghLlr1vdlvpao1_400.gif

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who gives a shyt? Why yall still here?

who is y’all???

and that’s why these arguments got stretched out

have you paid attention to my actual opinion on the gameplay itself?

or are you just blindly lumping me into an entire group bcuz you don’t agree with one aspect of what I’m saying?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Like the HOT mess that was Fallout 76 at launch?

Or crashing consoles like miles was?

maybe no mans sky?

Don't recall any of those getting pulled.

Or maybe because it's so buggy like skyrim or the witcher, who's bugs are literally meme's at this point.

Cyberpunk is the game that pushed them over that moral edge and consumer friendly edge....:francis:

*loads up cyberpunk* lol

Don't worry about that dude. He been here for a few days trying to celebrate. He doesn't understand basic business principles never mind how contracts work. Sony can't pull the game just because they feel like it. Either CDPR broke something contractually or they both agreed. We know its the latter.

Sony is making a profit regardless whether now or in the future. They don't front the cost of the game or marketing. Their cost is the platform (which is a loss leader) and they definitely aren't looking at a single game as a problem. Their only concern is CDPR telling people they can get refunds from the Sony store that inadvertently brought up the topic about their refund policy.

Bandwith and customer service rep costs are fixed, constant costs - those are there whether CDPR has a game or not. The former is so cheap Sony more than likely doesn't care.

CDPR might need some kinda saving after this fiasco smh

They won't. Gotta step out of the moment for a while. NMS,FO76, ME: Andromeda - 3 recent era games that were worse on release than this game. Even GTA 5 was absolute shyt on PC release. Dragon Age Inquisition was still buggy for a month after release. Guess what? Outside of EA, every single one of those companies got their rep back by just making sure the games resembled their end goals eventually.

CDPR made their budget back in 6 days and the vast majority of people are enjoying the game. They are GOOD financially no matter what. Their PC sales alone got them their development costs back. I don't know if y'all realize even at a 10% refund rate on console - which would be historic - they are GOOD.

Their rep has taken a hit but consumers move on eventually. The internet makes issues seem bigger than they are but as I stated before most people are over the initial outrage and are either enjoying the game, getting refunds, and/or moving on to something else. Within 3 months no one is going to really care. Within 3 years it'll be a cautionary talking point at best.