"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is getting a lot better for me. Once you realise you need to do side missions and activities to build your character up the game opens up more - I just spent the past few hours doing those NCP jobs and taking out gang hide outs - got some decent weapons out of that but need more components for upgrades. Those hacking mini games are hard as fukk - no idea how to do them.

Question about gun fights - when having shoot outs with gangs ill get a message pop up saying Im overheating or something? whats that about?

This just one of those games that requires patience and time. I'm still really unhappy about how it looks on PS4 Pro - it's like playing on PS2 at times. Just had my first crash as well, when I rebooted it had reset all my graphics settings.

the game is a very fun game and I was appreciating the comments going in the right direction again yesterday when folks were speaking on the game and dropping hints and such without unmarked spoilers yet somehow we’re back on arguing about complaints and GTA comparisons

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I never payed either game according to the stans...they KNOW everything...

:heh:

I don't hate this game, I hate the liars and fool ass stans that have taken over this thread...

The difference between me and yall is clear to anyone who has an unbias view, I don't mindlessly pretend the game is flawless and brush off key issues folk have with it...I don't pretend its better than other open world games when it clearly fails in multiple areas those games exceeded in...I don't lie about shyt I ACTUALLY played...and most importantly, I come through the receipts...

That's the reality of this whole back and forth...

who said this game was flawless?

people saying the GTA comp is dumb as hell. and the weapons being compared between the games is a STRONG lean towards Cyberpunk. The amount, variety, etc.

if you got 70 whole hours in the game AND saying some of this shyt, then it just makes your arguments make even less sense :dead: like what the fukk were you doing if you think that GTA had more weapons and better enemy interactions?

edit: lol that's GTA hours

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m just calling out gizmo’s trolling cuz he’s fueling a lot of the bullshyt discussion in here...in many of his posts he cannot comment on the game without making snide comments about others who don’t feel exactly as he does...but when valhalla dropped, he went in the thread calling the game trash without playing it...god forbid someone did the same in this thread the nikka would have a conniption

Yeah, IM the one derailing the thread with gta comparisons LOL I mentioned gta once like two months ago and thats out of context. For open world experiences, yeah I think this game offers way more than gta which includes driving around and punching hookers in the face and blowing up helicopters. But thats role playing in general I don’t find the world of gta that immersive. That’s my opinion.

I never once said 1:1 they would be the same game and said multiple times throughout the thread a lot of people picking this up expecting to get GTA are gonna be severely dissappointed.

Also at what page did I stop posting in that Valhalla page? I pretty much dipped out once the game dropped and we got actual impressions of it. I didn’t stick around for another 30 pages going back and forth with people enjoying the game. That’s the difference, once something looks boring to me I don’t really have the energy to go back and forth with people about it. I’m doing it in this thread because I’m actively playing it.

I’ll make 3 post in a thread for a game I don’t like and move on, I don’t really understand the need to sit around and debate about it otherwise if i know I’m not gonna play it.

This is the power of being the bigger man :yeshrug:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
PS-App-20201216-114909.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
before the game came out people were warning people this game wouldn't be like GTA, and here we are... :francis:

they were talking about gameplay/style of game...especially in regard to shooting mechanics not subpar graphics (even by last gen standards...I’m not talking about current gen), several game altering glitches, and other technical points...I’ve read every comment in this thread and have a pretty decent memory...some of you are being disingenuous to force a point

bcuz some of the same ppl who are now saying the game shouldn’t be compared to GTA were comparing cyberpunk to GTA and hyping it up early on and saying this game would “destroy” it and so on...not you as far as I know but I posted one such quote from someone else earlier on...some ppl in here are being disingenuous just for the sake of argument
:gucci:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I never payed either game according to the stans...they KNOW everything...

AKiZinz.png

:heh:

I don't hate this game, I hate the liars and fool ass stans that have taken over this thread...

The difference between me and yall is clear to anyone who has an unbias view, I don't mindlessly pretend the game is flawless and brush off key issues folk have with it...I don't pretend its better than other open world games when it clearly fails in multiple areas those games exceeded in...I don't lie about shyt I ACTUALLY played...and most importantly, I come through the receipts...

That's the reality of this whole back and forth...

don't show me screenshots from your lil bro's Steam account.

If you really played GTA then don't try to hype up the weapon types like they mattered. YOU KNOW they don't.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Since we're determined to discuss everything but the game itself...

*Cartwheels through thread*

San Andreas >>>>

:unimpressed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just another reason third person gunplay doesnt hit the same. The variance in the guns is less pronounced in 3rd person

Yeah, this is def one of those situations where I’m glad I didn’t get what I wanted, 1st person makes this game what it is. Just even seeing your hands and arms up close with the cyberware is cool

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
As an open world game, no, its not even close, GTA is far superior...

Only thing this game really does better is story...

The stans in this thread who will claim Cyberpunk is better are deliberately playing it as a linear story driven game because the open world aspect is completely non-existent...

I've given substantial critique of Cyberpunk in this thread, so I'm not some shill.

Cyberpunk > GTA V. It's just much more of a fun game.

It's not just that the Story is better.

Visually it's a masterpiece. I understand that with time graphics improve. I mean mostly even just the art design and direction. There are moments in this game when I just spends several minutes taking screen shots of Night City, often the same location at different times. Despite it being a dystopian shyt hole I actually want to be there to see it for myself. The atmosphere here is much more dynamic than GTA.

Night City >>>>>> Another Clone of LA/NYC/London, etc. I'm bored of the later. Fictional cities >>>>.

Main Missions are far better. In fact they are spectacular compared to GTA V.

Side Missions are far, far, far better. World's away.

Gameplay is much more fun and varied:
Gunplay in GTA is pin-point Whack a mole, Cyberpunk has much more variety. I can shoot through fukking walls if I want. Furthermore, I don't have to go in guns blazing. There is a viable stealth system here and quickhacks function as defacto spells. There is progression and variety in the gameplay that GTA can't match. There is generally multiple paths to some objective.

Character movement is far better and smoother here, unarguably. GTA movement is flat out terrible.

Outside the story missions, the game is not nearly as polished in the details as GTA V. But that, AI and driving are probably the only core things it has over Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk has flaws that have nothing to do with GTA (In fact GTA does this worse). Namely, it fails at being an RPG in it's narrative. Life Paths should have locked in some exclusive content to promote replayability. Right now it doesn't matter beyond the first few hours and dialogue options. And the montage with Jackie is insulting, it was clearly cut content that was meant to be played.