"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe we should stop putting pressure on them to release the games if they arent finished.

I was in every delay thread saying they should take their time and release it when it's ready while most people on this site were saying they had more than enough time to get it right and they need to release it now.

Exactly right. I hate being the petty type like that, but the tone in this thread sure was different when that last delay hit. Whole bunch of people telling them to hurry up, and laughing/cosigning them getting threatened over the delay.

To be clear: if you're ever mad at a developer for delaying a game, that's not a them problem, that's a YOU problem.

But now that this shyt was obviously rushed out, the tune done changed up. It hilarious when you consider that reports were out that the delay was partially due to last gen versions running like shyt.

Obviously, they were shyt bags for hiding these versions of the game, but brehs had just as much a part in setting themselves up for this disappointment as CDPR did.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe we should stop putting pressure on them to release the games if they arent finished.

they put pressure on themselves

THEY came up with the april date

THEY delayed it and came up with the september date

THEY delayed it and came up with the november date

THEY delayed it and came up with the december date

if fan pressure meant anything then the game would’ve been dropped september when folks initially complained about the april date...they delayed the game 3x and then fans get the blame bcuz they finally got antsy after the 3rd delay DAYS after the company flaunted preorder sales and heavily implied there’d be no further delays??? nah that’s not fair

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Exactly right. I hate being the petty type like that, but the tone in this thread sure was different when that last delay hit. Whole bunch of people telling them to hurry up, and laughing/cosigning them getting threatened over the delay.

To be clear: if you're ever mad at a developer for delaying a game, that's not a them problem, that's a YOU problem.

But now that this shyt was obviously rushed out, the tune done changed up. It hilarious when you consider that reports were out that the delay was partially due to last gen versions running like shyt.

Obviously, they were shyt bags for hiding these versions of the game, but brehs had just as much a part in setting themselves up for this disappointment as CDPR did.

I think gamers have by far become the most entitled group of people on the internet, and thats saying a lot

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
THEY delayed it and came up with the december date

...and literally the same poster(s) who is saying the fans should be patient was making excuses for the delay and saying it was strictly the result of not wanting to compete with all the games releasing at launch for both consoles in november lol...I don’t get the fake “apologist” act for these companies at all

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
CDPR first said it'd be released when it's ready, then said no more delays on the 2nd delay lol.

Fans ain't shyt but CDPR should have stuck to their guns and not release it. If that meant 2021 oh well. Impatient gamers can go off themselves while you do work that most people would be happy to wait for.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
CDPR first said it'd be released when it's ready, then said no more delays on the 2nd delay lol.

Fans ain't shyt but CDPR should have stuck to their guns and not release it. If that meant 2021 oh well. Impatient gamers can go off themselves while you do work that most people would be happy to wait for.

hopefully this is serves as a good cautionary tale for the rest of the industry *cough*Bethesda*cough*

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In other news my street cred is almost 2x as my player level. Gonna finally go and do story missions again for a while. Some of these side missions had some crazy fights. One spot I died at least 20x fukking around until I realized you can't beat the enemy with a gun lol. Picked up a tire iron and went to work :whew:

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York

CDPR definitely had a shytty rollout because they kept setting release dates after that gold announcement however a few posters in this thread have been dragging it now.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I’d bet the actual developers who are sitting at the desk actually making the game didn’t want this to be released yet, but the suits at the top told them to release it during holiday times in the middle of a pandemic to maximize their profits.

Cyberpunk tried to write a story of the downfalls of corporate greed and they became a victim to it. :pachaha:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’d bet the actually developers who are sitting at the desk actually making the game didn’t want this to be released yet, but the suits at the top told them to release it during holiday times in the middle of a pandemic to maximize their profits.

Cyberpunk tried to write a story of the downfalls of corporate greed and they became a victim to it. :pachaha:

very likely...blaming fans is a cop-out...what were fans seriously going to do if the game got delayed again? nothing but complain yet still be willing to buy it when it dropped on the next proposed date as was the case the previous four times...suits know that spending tends to dry up after the holidays tho and wanted to maximize profits during holiday season...much more plausible than angry fans forced their hands despite not being able to do so on 4 previous occasions lol