"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
First and foremost: CDPR is absolutely foul for hiding current gen versions of the game until it was out, and then play dumb after. shyt is ridiculous.

However, you're absolutely right.

I didn't ride the hype train all the way, but I looked at the hour long demo from a couple years back, and read a couple of things about what they originally planned and then cut, along with reports that this was supposed to push PC hardware to its limits, and made my decision to only play this if I could get a PS5. Traditionally, games that come out in the transition of console generations are a crap shoot based off of the sheer amount of work needed to develop across so many platforms. No matter what, one console generation gets fukked. Either current gen runs like shyt, or next gen ends up with minimal improvements to justify it. Seeing as the norm appears to be the latter this time around, this wasn't hard to see coming.

Studios with far more money and resources behind them have struggled in this same situation. Remember when Ubisoft made separate games for each gen, and STILL fukked up Unity? CDPR hasn't proved they'd be different. Combined with the fact that even early looks from the content creators who had hitched their wagon to them were all Nvidia sponsored streams, it was obvious that fukkery was afoot.

Moral of the story: stop fukking preordering games so fukking early.

See you a smart dude.

One of my first posts in here this year was about cancelling my PS4 version and getting it on Steam. I thought it was obvious once they delayed it a second time and announced trying to get it going for older consoles that there was in issue. Once they started cutting features I knew for a fact it was gonna be a problem there. When Night City Wire was showing wild graphics I never saw on a PS4 game I was skeptical. They started talking about raytracing combinations that no game has ever came with and people kept thinking this was gonna work on old gen.

CDPR aimed way, way, way too high. Rockstar made like 6 open world games before GTA 5 and that thing released buggy as shyt on PC. GTA 5 also wasn't trying to do combat/rpg so they focused on mission design and open world gameplay.

Bethesda...yea, Fallout 4 was ok, but Fallout 76 was absolute garbage. And that game used an already existing codebase from Fallout 4.

If anything they came as close as a top tier design studio could. According to that investor call they made back all of their development costs on digital pc sales alone.
This is so ridiculous that maybe those execs were right even with the shytty launch. In less than a week they made up their entire budget on only 59% of the sales split. This doesn't account for the 41% of sales on physical mediums. No game has ever done this. They hyped the shyt out of this game and there aren't enough refunds to make a dent in the profit they're seeing.

Also for those that didn't listen to the call but keep asking about how a game can release so buggy: CDPR did not have enough testers.

Usually software has tons of testers in multiple rounds ironing things out. CDPR said they didn't have enough, so they outsourced testing to a 3rd party company. This is standard. When covid hit, they couldn't do so anymore. Since you want testing in house or in a controlled environment. The 3rd party company was doing Work From Home so there's no way CDPR could have them test their game. Add in the development turnover and ambitious project timeline (only ~ 5 years of development) and this is what you get. Hopefully everyone learned their lesson...but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Given the backlash and how shytty the last gen versions run, they should have made this a next gen game from the start
Or scrapped the last gen versions at some point

I’m sure if it were up to the management and developers thats what they would have done. Investors see too much money on the table with last gen to pass it up. I also believe they wanted to rush out for christmas sales.

The game is pushing high end pc’s to the max there’s no way this was gonna run on ps4/ and xone. The outrage would have been pretty severe nonetheless if they cancelled it.

People were cancelling their preorders and sending them death threats for delaying it in November.

Daps
I’m sure if it were up to the management and developers thats what they would have done. Investors see too much money on the table with last gen to pass it up. I also believe they wanted to rush out for christmas sales.

The game is pushing high end pc’s to the max there’s no way this was gonna run on ps4/ and xone. The outrage would have been pretty severe nonetheless if they cancelled it.

People were cancelling their preorders and sending them death threats for delaying it in November.
at some point you have to have sense and realize yes you want more money but who in their right mind is going to buy the ps4/x1 version now?
no one is going to continue to play on them if they are performing like far cry 3 according to IGN :mjlol:
the whole money thing has become nullified by their shyt performance
it's also disrespectful if you think about it :mjlol:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
at some point you have to have sense and realize yes you want more money but who in their right mind is going to buy the ps4/x1 version now?
no one is going to continue to play on them if they are performing like far cry 3 according to IGN :mjlol:
the whole money thing has become nullified by their shyt performance
it's also disrespectful if you think about it :mjlol:

This is what you get when business people drive the decisions for game studios. EA is a prime example of that.

Daps
This is what you get when business people drive the decisions for game studios. EA is a prime example of that.
game could end up selling more too
a true next game that takes full advantage of the ps5 and xsx
pc sales are a given
people would buy a ps5 and xsx just to play cyberpunk but people kept arguing w/ me about them needing last gen for money
they ain't gonna sell shyt on the ps4/x1
so the irony is it will end up selling as if they made it a next gen game anyway
now people are angry and might not buy the game ever again out of spite
others are waiting for the next gen versions