"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If this is your definition of rpg, then every game is an rpg. Uncharted 3 is an rpg, modern warfare is an rpg. Obviously that's cap.

There are skill checks and level requirements for using weapons in uncharted? You make your own character and choose the type of person you want him to be? Or are those games simply just following one linear narrative, in stages, where you simply travel from point a to point b to accomplish your objective?

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
There are skill checks and level requirements for using weapons in uncharted? You make your own character and choose the type of person you want him to be? Or are those games simply just following one linear narrative, in stages, where you simply travel from point a to point b to accomplish your objective?
yea, that's all in there. Just so you know, there ae rpgs that don't have level requirements for weapons like baldur's gate.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
yea, that's all in there. Just so you know, there ae rpgs that don't have level requirements for weapons like baldur's gate.

I mean the developer themselves are not calling it an RPG. It certainly has rpg elements but like...so does God of War 4 :ld:

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
I think they had to go back and work on last gen stuff and that heavily impacted development. They couldn't have features like wall running and epic map events in PS5/Xbox/PC while older gen were sitting there stuck with slot machines for minigames. If we think people are upset now THAT would have been a riot.

Hopeful they add these back in the updates.

If I was a ps4 owner I'd be mad too...

Oh well back to the 5 :banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If this is your definition of rpg, then every game is an rpg. Uncharted 3 is an rpg, modern warfare is an rpg. Obviously that's cap.
Then you clearly don’t know what an RPG is. Role Playing Game.

You chose your own path or “role” to play.

It’s not just about upgradable stats or weapons. You chose if/when/how to fight or what to do when you want to. You drive both the story and the characters advancement as you see fit.

There’s lots of games with Role playing elements, but a true RPG is built around the idea top to bottom.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Then you clearly don’t know what an RPG is. Role Playing Game.

You chose your own path or “role” to play.

It’s not just about upgradable stats or weapons. You chose if/when/how to fight or what to do when you want to. You drive both the story and the characters advancement as you see fit.

There’s lots of games with Role playing elements, but a true RPG is built around the idea top to bottom.
nikka shut up

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I gotta say it again, the decision to make the character sidequests start in Act 2 was a bad one for pacing. Act 2 is WAY better than Act 1. Act 1 does not make a good first impression

It's too late for me. Didn't know it was time sensitive. :beli:
My only problem with the missions so far is they don't tell you which is time sensitive but tell you whether to be stealthy or not or if you should be lethal. Other than that I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. I'm in act 1with epic gorilla arms and 2 legendary mods attached with fortified ankles. I'm really a streetkid/brawler :blessed:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Lame ass nikkas calling this an rpg when CDPR stopped calling it an rpg and started calling it action adventure. Y'all really believe having perks makes a game an rpg.

Lol that ain't even remotely what I said. What makes the game an RPG is that your character's story (i.e. your playthrough) is interweaved with the overarching narrative to the point where, over time, your in-game choices will literally change what happens in the world, making it feel like your own adventure instead of a scripted one.

In a game like RDR2 or GTA 5, your character's story is separated from the overarching narrative. There is side content and there are systems that give you the illusion of "player choice" (i.e. honor meter) but in reality, your honor meter has zero impact on the overarching narrative. It has impact on NPC behavior, but literally nothing else. Mass Effect's honor meter on the other hand grants you the ability to make different choices in its dialogue trees that completely shift the overarching narrative as well as the side-content narratives. Just because a game has systems that somewhat mimic RPGs doesn't make them RPGs.