"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People forgetting the spicy tweets and quotes CDPR were dropping since 2013 about how revolutionary their game was.

So the bullshyt argument that it shouldn't be compared to GTA V is gone.
It’s fine to make a comparison to GTA. People are just making disingenuous comparisons like pointing out how GTA bullets splash water while ignoring that cyberpunk bullets can go through walls and cause other environmental destruction.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
And those people are what we call dikk riders.
I haven't seen one trailer since E3. Why? Because I know how gaming marketing works. Its meant to sell games to people outside of the expected target audience.

All I can tell from this energy is that they're really fukking good at their job if people trying to compare what's basically Super Fallout to GTA 5 :mjlol:

unrealistic expectations are a personal problem

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
man im not even tripping about the game being what it is

but them nikkas lied about so much stuff :laff:

i aint know very much about the hype coming into it, its my fault for not doing research before

but now looking at all the backlash to the things that the developers said youd be able to do and how the game would function

they deadass hit a lick, this is mad funny just off the strength of how much they capped up until it came out

They talked all this shyt about how the corpo, nomad and street kid backgrounds would be so important to your character. Like any rpg, your background is important to a lot of different things. They sold it like what they were doing is groundbreaking, when it's no different than any western style rpg.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Get outta your feelings little man. A sandbox game in first person is absolutely stupid. Tou nerds get all butthurt when people don't like exactly what you like. Rockstar was smart enough to make GTA & RDR third person with the option to play in first person.
CP 2077s cutscenes and the entire netrunning mechanic wouldn't work in 3rd person.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I haven't seen one trailer since E3. Why? Because I know how gaming marketing works. Its meant to sell games to people outside of the expected target audience.

All I can tell from this energy is that they're really fukking good at their job if people trying to compare what's basically Super Fallout to GTA 5 :mjlol:

unrealistic expectations are a personal problem

If they were they good at their job, the PS4 version of the game would be playable. They wouldn't be offering refunds, and their stocks wouldn't have dropped because of this bullshyt:mjlol:

dikk riders:russ:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If they were they good at their job, the PS4 version of the game would be playable. They wouldn't be offering refunds, and their stocks wouldn't have dropped because of this bullshyt:mjlol:

dikk riders:russ:
marketing is not development

a game gets delayed half a dozen times and people thought the last gen version (base models at that) would work well :dead: yal really just need to be better consumers. this was always gonna be shyt out the box on last gen and consoles overall

yal really feel lied to when you just played yourselves is all im saying :manny:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
The only two things Cyberpunk does better than GTA is GRAPHICS and STORY...Anyone that says otherwise is either a Rockstar hater or a complete idiot...
I'm going to add side content. GTA V was a mile wide and an inch deep. Side content outside the main story was nil.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
marketing is not development

a game gets delayed half a dozen times and people thought the last gen version (base models at that) would work well :dead: yal really just need to be better consumers. this was always gonna be shyt out the box on last gen and consoles overall

yal really feel lied to when you just played yourselves is all im saying :manny:

nah i was just seeing an article where one of the higher ups claimed it would run fine on consoles

its no debate that they lied, sony wouldnt be going back on their policy and allowing for refunds past two hours played if it wasnt some deceit involved

if you enjoy the game thats wassup, but its no reason to cop pleas for them; they knew what they were doing when they misled the public and they know what theyre doing now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
nah i was just seeing an article where one of the higher ups claimed it would run fine on consoles

its no debate that they lied, sony wouldnt be going back on their policy and allowing for refunds past two hours played if it wasnt some deceit involved

if you enjoy the game thats wassup, but its no reason to cop pleas for them; they knew what they were doing when they misled the public and they know what theyre doing now
don't disagree, but people gotta do better themselves

if you were thinking you were getting a GTA out of this or a legit last gen experience, you need to tighten up...

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
don't disagree, but people gotta do better themselves

if you were thinking you were getting a GTA out of this or a legit last gen experience, you need to tighten up...

Breh the CEO came out and said the game ran well on consoles. Lets not blame the consumer here. How could anyone think a game that was in development damn near 10 years would still release in this state?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Damn Claire got body, holds a conversation, and can work on a whip.:ohlawd: I wonder what it sit like under those overalls. :sas2:
The way Jackie was spiting game at her when we first met. He knew it too.:wow:

200.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@surf I don't get it, when was I personally attacking anyone or insulting?

yall went completely off the rails once i mentioned that i felt some of you didn't have much experience with launch day rpg games. People feeling personally offended over this game or xbox or whatever is on them lol

Also, im not incapable of being objective, obviously there are issues with the game. I also don't like everything about it gameplay or even story wise but i've been holding back criticism because the thread is going completely in one direction to the point where teh narrative slowly started becoming "this game is trash" which i highly disagree with so unfortunately im taking the opposite side and remaining positive cause its so far turning out to be one of my favorite games.

it's not shilling if you're actually having fun. Yall can check the wasteland 3 thread, i made my complaints about how broken the game was (i was getting more crashes and glitches in that one that I am in this) but most of my post in that thread are positive also and i didn't find the base game nearly as fun as this. My favorite genre of video game is rpgs, turn based or whatever. For the past 5 years, i've played fallout 4, disco elysium, wasteland 2 and 3 divinity original sin 2, outerworlds, pillars of eternity, shadowrun, witcher 3, etc. etc. and guess what they all had in common? They shipped broken as fukk, my expectations aren't disappointment because this is part of the routien of open world, choice based rpg games. They ship fukked up, they get patched, they get dlc, then they get regarded as being fun and groundbreaking once the rest of the non-rpg playing population gets the GOTY edition. The problem with cyberpunk is it went SUPER mainstream and casual gamers alike got a hold of it early and not just the rpg pc playing nerds that are accustom to jank.

At this point, It's either you gotta wait a couple months for the patches like you did with the other games or you dump it and get your refund and play other games you enjoy more.