"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
man im not even tripping about the game being what it is

but them nikkas lied about so much stuff :laff:

i aint know very much about the hype coming into it, its my fault for not doing research before

but now looking at all the backlash to the things that the developers said youd be able to do and how the game would function

they deadass hit a lick, this is mad funny just off the strength of how much they capped up until it came out

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Yeah I decided to stop doing the gigs and the unmarked random missions on the map for now because those are kind of just tacked on.

The character sidequests I've been doing all of those. I feel like they should have labeled them differently and put some of them in Act 1 so that way the game was paced better. But it might have been cut to get the game out.
Agreed. The side quests aren't as bad as I thought. I use those with gigs since in some parts of city, there right next to each other to knock out since the pay on finishing them separately is so small.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
how the hell is this a beta?

its not fair to make up wild comparisons based on trailer hype videos and the low rungs of youtube comment sections and reddit. you couldn't even aim reliably in fallout without the vats system - you wouldn't compare it to doom eternal :dead:

if you gotta exaggerate so much, then the comp is probably disingenuous

Hate to break it to you, but pretty much every other game we buy now is pretty much the beta. Gone are the days when you get the complete game at launch. Every developer now knows that they can release a game that isn't quite done, but it's okay because they can just apply patches after release. My game crashed 8 times yesterday. My V's t*ts were were out of her shirts as if they had cut outs for them:russ:.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They're not going overboard. CDPR went there when they chose to make this 1st person. Which I fully believe it's because doing 3rd was too much for them. Going 1st person makes them fair game for comparison to other games that are their peers. I don't think Borderlands is a fair comparison because that game is primarily a 1st person shooter, with rpg elements. Cyberpunk is a rpg, with 1st person shooter elements, and is coming off as the beta for whatever 1st person shooters they may develop in the future. It's also an open world game. It has the elements of every other one out there. So it's fair for people to make that comparison as well.

Like I said in one of my replies. I have no doubt that this time next year, and beyond, they will have patched the hell out of this and it will be solid.
Well compare it to other first person RPGs :what:

and no 3rd isn’t “too much”

it’s just a design choice go back and look at that GTA comparison video. The level of detail and immersion is exponentially greater in cyberpunk compared to GTA on first person. And that’s because GTA was built as a 3rd person game primarily. The design of the city in GTA is nowhere near as detailed or intricate cause you are supposed to play in 3rd person where the camera needs space to maneuver. Same reason why Skyrim 3rd person mode is trash cause they built it around first person gameplay.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hate to break it to you, but pretty much every other game we buy now is pretty much the beta. Gone are the days when you get the complete game at launch. Every developer now knows that they can release a game that isn't quite done, but it's okay because they can just apply patches after release. My game crashed 8 times yesterday. My V's t*ts were were out of her shirts as if they had cut outs for them:russ:.
"every game is a beta"

every game that's released has an inherent to be improved upon due to the current development environment. that doesn't make it a beta. can't just be throwing :flabbynsick: statements from different times around now hoping for something to stick

i play more early access shyt than anyone else here as far as i can tell. yal don't even know what a beta is if you're calling this a beta... get your rig right, run lower settings, or accept that last gen ever running this was a dream in the first place

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

IDK breh. I bought GOT a few months ago and experienced no bugs. come to think of it all the AAA joans I've copped day 1 this gen (kh3, ds3, nier, got...) had virtually no issues bug wise or if they did I didn't notice at all.

Naw 2077 in a realm of its own with tihs dysfunction lol.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Yeah I decided to stop doing the gigs and the unmarked random missions on the map for now because those are kind of just tacked on.

The character sidequests I've been doing all of those. I feel like they should have labeled them differently and put some of them in Act 1 so that way the game was paced better. But it might have been cut to get the game out.

I like grinding so that I can level up as much as I can to make things a bit easier as I progress. So I've been doing every single gig and side quest. Especially for one of those Delamain missions. When he sent those thugs after me they were fukking me up.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
People forgetting the spicy tweets and quotes CDPR were dropping since 2013 about how revolutionary their game was.

So the bullshyt argument that it shouldn't be compared to GTA V is gone.
people ain't forgetting, those people just don't give a fukk about pre-release hype tweets or act betrayed by a marketing campaign :dead: