"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've said, even with my complaints, that the bones for a solid rpg are there. So I'm still enjoying it. That's the main thing for me in a rpg. Is the story, and the options to go forward in the story, there to put me in the game. For me they are. Other than that, the game isn't the next coming of video game Christ.

the story is gripping and I almost went insane with happiness during that first experience with BD...at the core of this is the makings of a great game

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
Saw a t pose in the witcher 3 recently playing on the ps5, and i can't even kill npcs.

Strong 5/10.

:unimpressed:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the-video-game-cycle-what-to-expect-on-the-internet-2989868.png

I pointed this out about myself the other day...the fact that there’s a chart let’s me feel better that it’s not just me :mjlol:

granted I was certain I’d seriously get into the game over time and I have

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
the story is gripping and I almost went insane with happiness during that first experience with BD...at the core of this is the makings of a great game

The main narrative is perfectly fine to the point I almost would prefer they would have nixed the undercooked open world bullshyt and make a beauriful concise linear joint. All my big issues with the game besides bugs stem from the feeling the open world is there just to be there and doesnt really add much immersion at all. Its very lifeless once you really think about it

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
this shyt is flames I dunno what else to say
last generation got the short end of the stick :yeshrug: if you look at graphics of ps3 and xbox 360 when GTAV came out you get the same graphics (minus the bad frames which are gamebreaking)
alot of people in here have no grasp of game development. Its the reason why GTA takes years to create and uses the same engine. If you compare Witcher to this CDProjeckt Red made a completely different game which is a feat in itself
Like someone also stated... the first person and third would have still been a problem, because people complain about how fallout, skyrim, oblivion, etc handle. If you make a complex game like this, and then put the physics in just for third person...you're gonna have a bad time with angles, shooting, Pov etc... but the biggest thing would be pathing for AI and player alone.

This game is easily comparable to all the games argued about, GTA, Borderlands, Skyrim, Fallout, etc. Could some of the bugs be smoothed out? of course. But the game is meant to be played like Cyberpunk not GTA. You should realistically not be chased by the cops every 5 minutes, and if 4 cops swarm you... its supposed to be game over for you. Sure you can kill 4 cops and escape.... but walking into a building and standing still for 2 minutes doesnt make your life change and stars go away. Of course they could have made that more realistic but it was obviously an afterthought...the police do their job here... you commit crime, they pop in and kill you. :hubie: The whole point of the game is to find people who ARE criminals and bounty hunt realistically. If you look at it subjectively, when you kill criminals nobody bats an eye.... that's the same thing that happens to you when you commit crime in this... cats blast you and Game Over screen. The game is trying to show you, that you need to stay on track and kill the thousands of criminals spread across the huge map and explore. Glitches, whether small or big have happened in every single game. I have yet to encounter any that break the game on XBSX .... some issues like the guy who got on the motorcycle next to the guard rail and was teleported 5 thousand feet in the sky.... thats just life. You would have to understand game development to realize why that's happening. Its not something that can just be easily fixed in such a huge free world. For the most part they got everything right with this.... the problem we are seeing is a perfect storm of "Last Generation" "bugs that vary depending on what hardware you play it on" "people expecting it to be a game like other games and not a game of its own" "people not being able to play far enough into it to appreciate it due to hardware they play on" "complaining about AI even though they arent playing on a suitable difficulty" or "taking fodder story interludes as gospel and blaming AI depending on scripted outcomes you are supposed to beat easily"

The game at its core is meant to explore, do missions and kill criminals with warrants ... splashed with leveling system and a sprawling city where shyt pops off every 5 minutes. You have to go investigate for fukkery not become the fukkery.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The main narrative is perfectly fine to the point I almost would prefer they would have nixed the undercooked open world bullshyt and make a beauriful concise linear joint. All my big issues with the game besides bugs stem from the feeling the open world is there just to be there and doesnt really add much immersion at all. Its very lifeless once you really think about it

I disagree with linear comment. I've had more fun doing side content than the main story easily, a linear game wouldn't be able to deliver that kind of content.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m the opposite right now...I’ve enjoyed spending more time exploring the city than sticking to the main missions...it is possible that the excitement might wear off once I become familiar with the city and if the side missions begin to develop a pattern

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i keep seeing the suggestion to bioshock this type of game and i couldn't disagree more

this game plays out near identical to skyrim, fallout, and other stuff like that and there's a reason those games have the longevity that linear games don't
I disagree with linear comment. I've had more fun doing side content than the main story easily, a linear game wouldn't be able to deliver that kind of content.
same here.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
That’s on you.

I don’t know why you’d chose not to refund a product you don’t like :manny:

Like I've said, I don't hate it. I've said in responses to you that I'm enjoying the game. The one thing I did not doubt is that CDPR would have solid rpg elements.

I love gymnastics, but sometimes even the best don't stick the landing. CDPR didn't stick the landing.:manny:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m the opposite right now...I’ve enjoyed spending more time exploring the city than sticking to the main missions...it is possible that the excitement might wear off once I become familiar with the city and if the side missions begin to develop a pattern

Ive been doing mostly side quests too. But none of them so far has been as compelling as the main missions. Im pretty sure this game in a year will be closer to their intended vision gameplay wise but as it stands today its just a decent diversion. Ive cooled off on it heavily. And also every time I just start to get keyed in on a sessiom some ridiculous bug occurs or the game crashes.

I played skyrim on launch on ps3. Only thing I can think of on consoles from a AAA thats this egregiously buggy. It detracta from the experience so much. The graphics are w/e. Im fine with them if the game would fukking be stable

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like I've said, I don't hate it. I've said in responses to you that I'm enjoying the game. The one thing I did not doubt is that CDPR would have solid rpg elements.

I love gymnastics, but sometimes even the best don't stick the landing. CDPR didn't stick the landing.:manny:

It’s fine if your final opinion of the game is not as high as mine.

I’m only speaking about the goofy shyt in here with people complaining it doesn’t play like borderlands, or that you can’t dive out of the moving cars :mjlol:

There’s plenty to criticize as there is in any game, but people going way overboard in here.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I pointed this out about myself the other day...the fact that there’s a chart let’s me feel better that it’s not just me :mjlol:

granted I was certain I’d seriously get into the game over time and I have

Honestly, most of my gripes are due to the fact that a lot of people online called me a p*ssy, because I wasn't feeling 1st person when they announced it as a creative decision at a E3. To just trust CDPR because they are for the gamer bro. And I said wait until they fukk up and see what happens. They won't be the PC master race darling anymore. So I'm enjoying all this shyt:lolbron:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Ive been doing mostly side quests too. But none of them so far has been as compelling as the main missions. Im pretty sure this game in a year will be closer to their intended vision gameplay wise but as it stands today its just a decent diversion. Ive cooled off on it heavily. And also every time I just start to get keyed in on a sessiom some ridiculous bug occurs or the game crashes.

I played skyrim on launch on ps3. Only thing I can think of on consoles from a AAA thats this egregiously buggy. It detracta from the experience so much. The graphics are w/e. Im fine with them if the game would fukking be stable

What Act are you in? You talking like somebody who hasn't done Panam, River, etc. side quests.

The 2nd River sidequest is the best mission in the game so far IMO