"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
I vividly remember Skyim at release. This is right about the same energy :mjlol: CDPR is doing better than I thought they could tbh

the vast majority of the skyrim and fallout world is dead as fukk too - they just spread out the bullshyt better

the idea of pushing this idea for a game into a bioshock format sounds horrible imo. there's a reason why there ain't another bioshock being cooked up.... gets stale even faster

make no mistake im fukking w the game right now, ive just been trying to figure out why it feels mad off compared to the few other rpgs ive played and the reason is that its more action adventure than rpg

while the majority of skyrim and fallout is a lot of traveling, the minority with other characters is way more developed and rpg like than any part of this game (edit for this point: i'm bugging, it is on par with some of the characters ive seen i don't know why i was so critical about that, guess all the negative shyt ive seen about this game is getting to me)

reason i said bioshock is that for all its flaws, it was able to make fast paced action in a real well developed environment look captivating and also develop a cohesive lore, which is exactly what this game tries to do but falls flat because its tries to do it all in an open world without developing the actual characters in it

because to be honest with you, what with the ai being what it is right now it basically is an on rails game, just with the illusion of being an open world; thats what i was feeling before i just couldnt put my finger on what it was

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Had a glitch happen. Met the ripper doc and got my upgrades. But the mission won’t end. It keeps prompting me to speak with victor, but there is nothing left to do without paying him. And there is no way he wants his money this early in the game. I think the game messed up so will reset.

Annoying as hell!

Nah breh i thought the same. U probably forgot to upgrade and arm or a hand.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
make no mistake im fukking w the game right now, ive just been trying to figure out why it feels mad off compared to the few other rpgs ive played and the reason is that its more action adventure than rpg

while the majority of skyrim and fallout is a lot of traveling, the minority with other characters is way more developed and rpg like than any part of this game (edit for this point: i'm bugging, it is on par with some of the characters ive seen i don't know why i was so critical about that, guess all the negative shyt ive seen about this game is getting to me)

reason i said bioshock is that for all its flaws, it was able to make fast paced action in a real well developed environment look captivating and also develop a cohesive lore, which is exactly what this game tries to do but falls flat because its tries to do it all in an open world without developing the actual characters in it

because to be honest with you, what with the ai being what it is right now it basically is an on rails game, just with the illusion of being an open world; thats what i was feeling before i just couldnt put my finger on what it was
even final fantasy knew to spread out their bullshyt a bit more :manny: only thing cyberpunk could've done better was produce more off-limits zones similar to assassin's creed or something if they were going the route of a megacity to contain everything.

the illusion is important though, i'll definitely say that much

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Anyone know when you get the homing guns/ammo? I got the upgrade hand but can’t find any guns that use it.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
No way. As fun as FA4 was that game did not have memorable interactions. Hell, even the main characters in quests were shyt. Strength of FA4 was that it did a post apoc/lone survivor theme very well. The characters themselves are a low point for that game. Gary the Prophet >>> any FA4 non-main character, and he's just a dude preaching in front of a dirty mattress begging for eddies. The only thing they have dialogue wise over NC is they'll randomly spout stuff off about surrounding history, whereas Night City relies on you picking up chips that extrapolate the story.

I'm...not sure what the NPCs are supposed to do though? I can see you may want them to run away when shooting breaks out but what other interactions do you mean? Is it like the GTA 5 random interaction stuff that happens outside of missions? If that's the case then yea I think that's a path CDPR should've explored with this game. Then again this game doesn't function like GTA 5 at all. They cut so much content because they were too ambitious and I guess the NPCs being stage props more than inhabitants is what some people perceive.

ill fall back on the fallout point, its admittedly been a minute since ive run through that and i might be idealizing it because i played it w my brother when i was younger

i guess i was sort of drawing the connection to gta 5 without even realizing it, from my limited interaction to the marketing it felt like they were trying to make the game go head to head with that

i especially saw the nomad-streetkid-corpo dynamic being similar to trevor-franklin-michael at first

but with regards to npcs i was definitely thinking something along the lines of gta, where there will be random interactions and different npcs will react differently if you start shooting in their vicinity; some will be strapped up and start shooting back, most will just book it

its just mad awkward to see 20 npcs do the same synchronized animation, it feels like some ps3 timing

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I think you're expecting too much from the open world element. Plus the in game lore of the game is that the cops dont give a shyt and let civilians handle their own problems if possible, so there's kind of a built in excuse for the cops working how they work.

The peds in GTA5 arent that dynamic either. They walk, sometimes they fight back or shoot back if you punch or shoot them, you can barely speak to them, they run away if they see bullshyt happening. If you steal their car sometimes they pull you back out or shoot you.

The peds in this game are almost the same in behavior.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
All I'll say is get one or two decent pieces of armor quick on VH. Especially if you go melee. Once you hit a decent level + armor you can run in and chop a few dudes and run back out with a bit of health left. shyt is an adrenaline rush for sure but gotta pick targets wisely. I learned a painful lesson about trying this with enemy Netrunners around.

From what I see the berzerk cyberware and cold blood tree makes melee really good. Im definitely gonna try it in a 2nd run