"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People comparing this to GTA instead of Skyrim or something was always crazy to me.

It’s like that skit said, old game can do ABC and be great and new game doesn’t have to do ABC-XYZ to be great, it can simply just do XYZ and be great.

It’s not always a matter of just adding onto previous open world games. They’re using what makes sense for this particular gameplay experience. Just like I expect the next GTA to not use brain dance. It’s the problem with building unrealistic expectations that were never promised to begin with.

If you’re a fan of the witcher than you should have a decent idea of what they were bringing with this. It’s still a game made by humans

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
2020-12-12.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...zvHS7JLPyKIDvq1jgCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-12-12.jpg

Is this true ya'll?
:ohhh:This explains a lot and it is definitely true.

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri

The AI runs my ass over if i'm out of the car lmao. They will stop if you point your gun, and drive off fast if you put your weapon away. So that's probably true to a degree. As far as the police goes, no car chase.. but they will come after you on foot to an extent as well. I never expected the driving and the drivers to be anything spectacular in such a dense compacted environment tho. Plus i'm not here for the driving lol

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
People comparing this to GTA instead of Skyrim or something was always crazy to me.

even compared to skyrim its kinda mid

that and fallout was my first comparison once i really started playing, and it feels just barely on par with them rather than as much better as it should be

like the city is detailed but it feels mad hollow at the same time; outside of quests and vendors there's deadass no dialogue at all, every character just tells you to get the fukk up out they face whenever you interact w them

coldest thing about skyrim to me was how it felt like even unimportant characters had a line of two or dialogue or interaction, doubly so for fallout 4; it made shyt feel so much more alive, even in the bigger cities or settlements

it almost feels like the game is open world for no reason; the map is mad nice to look at but its so bare and superficial compared to how it was advertised, the other characters dont interact to anything you do outside of getting low like some bytches if you let shots off

it should have been modeled way more after something like bioshock infinite: the environment in that is crazy to look at as well, but its a more narrative driven, on rails story with side quests instead of being open for no reason

that way we could actually enjoy the environment and atmosphere without being critical of it being empty, just my thoughts

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Because they tried to appease woke twitter...

I am glad they received heavy backlash, woke twitter needs to be cancelled...

Absolutely.

I’m weird i guess because while yes, the world, sidequest, characters, lore make these games great i highly enjoy the gameplay as well. I know people said geralt moved like a tank and the combat was high trash but I really enjoyed the little combo magic systems and mutations in witcher

And I’m highly enjoying all the ways to approach combat in this. I’ve completed like 4 sidequest today where I didn’t shoot or fight anyone, I just hacked myself into back doors and talked with people or silently assassinated them and left.

People praise RDR2 but every mission is basically a shootout and an escape.

One of the early missions is a spot where the target is surrounded by gang members. I died at least 10 times trying to run and gun, and even sneaking in didn't work.

Eventually I found a way in through a window and using some hacks to distract one guard. I snapped shorty neck and I think one of the guards heard the bones pop :to:

As I was sneaking out I got the alert that they found her body. That sound of the clip being loaded on very hard ain't nothing to play with :damn:

I hit the jets and ran the fukk outta there, stealth be damned

Once I was out of vision I had to go back to my car which is on the other entrance. I walked past it and saw the gang still looking on the fire escape for me:dead:

What made the mission even more dope is I was reading the emails on her computer and found out more to the backstory of how she got into the area that had nothing to do with the mission directly but you understood why she did what she did.

Dope writing :banderas:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

that and fallout was my first comparison once i really started playing, and it feels just barely on par with them rather than as much better as it should be

like the city is detailed but it feels mad hollow at the same time; outside of quests and vendors there's deadass no dialogue at all, every character just tells you to get the fukk up out they face whenever you interact w them

coldest thing about skyrim to me was how it felt like even unimportant characters had a line of two or dialogue or interaction, doubly so for fallout 4; it made shyt feel so much more alive, even in the bigger cities or settlements

it almost feels like the game is open world for no reason; the map is mad nice to look at but its so bare and superficial compared to how it was advertised, the other characters dont interact to anything you do outside of getting low like some bytches if you let shots off

it should have been modeled way more after something like bioshock infinite: the environment in that is crazy to look at as well, but its a more narrative driven, on rails story with side quests instead of being open for no reason

that way we could actually enjoy the environment and atmosphere without being critical of it being empty, just my thoughts
I vividly remember Skyim at release. This is right about the same energy :mjlol: CDPR is doing better than I thought they could tbh

the vast majority of the skyrim and fallout world is dead as fukk too - they just spread out the bullshyt better. The idea that every person walking down the street needs some element of randomness or value is just lost in a game where you're developing your own character on far more levels than a typical open world action romp.

pushing this idea for a game into a bioshock format sounds horrible imo. there's a reason why there ain't another bioshock being cooked up.... gets stale even faster

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Absolutely.

One of the early missions is a spot where the target is surrounded by gang members. I died at least 10 times trying to run and gun, and even sneaking in didn't work.

Eventually I found a way in through a window and using some hacks to distract one guard. I snapped shorty neck and I think one of the guards heard the bones pop :to:

As I was sneaking out I got the alert that they found her body. That sound of the clip being loaded on very hard ain't nothing to play with :damn:

I hit the jets and ran the fukk outta there, stealth be damned

Once I was out of vision I had to go back to my car which is on the other entrance. I walked past it and saw the gang still looking on the fire escape for me:dead:

What made the mission even more dope is I was reading the emails on her computer and found out more to the backstory of how she got into the area that had nothing to do with the mission directly but you understood why she did what she did.

Dope writing :banderas:

Whew when you gotta make that escape at the end of those little missions, it gets you going. :whew:

I’m enjoying it on hard but yall enticing me to bump it to very hard.​

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I vividly remember Skyim at release. This is right about the same energy :mjlol: CDPR is doing better than I thought they could tbh

the vast majority of the skyrim and fallout world is dead as fukk too - they just spread out the bullshyt better. The idea that every person walking down the street needs some element of randomness or value is just lost in a game where you're developing your own character on far more levels than a typical open world action romp.

the idea of pushing this idea for a game into a bioshock format sounds horrible imo. there's a reason why there ain't another bioshock being cooked up.... gets stale even faster

Right...bioshock?:scust:

I’m glad some of yall ain’t making games. If you want an linear/semi-open world cyberpunk just play deus ex.

I swear some people are misremembering fallout and Skyrim. Because fallout literally is 70% wasteland.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

No way. As fun as FA4 was that game did not have memorable interactions. Hell, even the main characters in quests were shyt. Strength of FA4 was that it did a post apoc/lone survivor theme very well. The characters themselves are a low point for that game. Gary the Prophet >>> any FA4 non-main character, and he's just a dude preaching in front of a dirty mattress begging for eddies. The only thing they have dialogue wise over NC is they'll randomly spout stuff off about surrounding history, whereas Night City relies on you picking up chips that extrapolate the story.

I'm...not sure what the NPCs are supposed to do though? I can see you may want them to run away when shooting breaks out but what other interactions do you mean? Is it like the GTA 5 random interaction stuff that happens outside of missions? If that's the case then yea I think that's a path CDPR should've explored with this game. Then again this game doesn't function like GTA 5 at all. They cut so much content because they were too ambitious and I guess the NPCs being stage props more than inhabitants is what some people perceive.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Whew when you gotta make that escape at the end of those little missions, it gets you going. :whew:

I’m enjoying it on hard but yall enticing me to bump it to very hard.​

All I'll say is get one or two decent pieces of armor quick on VH. Especially if you go melee. Once you hit a decent level + armor you can run in and chop a few dudes and run back out with a bit of health left. shyt is an adrenaline rush for sure but gotta pick targets wisely. I learned a painful lesson about trying this with enemy Netrunners around.