"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shadowrun's universe is mad slept on

I played the SNES and then the Genesis version on emulators ages ago. That was some crazy world building in the 16 bit era.

No game has come close to touching what they did with "Corpo runs". Of course I haven't finished going through this game but the one mission that is somewhat like a Shadowrun mission isn't on that level. It's obvious they borrowed some of the ideas behind it from SR/Deus Ex.

What made SR crazy was the blend of Magic/Tech/Gunplay in the lore. The original Cyberpunk influenced a lot of SR themes (Samurais, Mages, Deckers) and I hope 2077 gets back to that. Someone pointed out that Lifepaths are more like intros and with about ~29 hours of playtime I agree. There isn't enough reaction to your lifepath from different characters that I've seen. Whereas in SR being a Samurai or a Decker affected things like how people spoke to you and which runners were easily accessible.

Either way CDPR got a hit. They just gotta tweak a few things to make this universe hit GOAT level. But really it's more about moving the needle from an 8.5 to a 10. They did a damn good job overall.

*Edit: And then SR Director's Cut is a WHOLE other story. They absolutely killed it with that universe.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
More I play third person really needed to be in this game if only for a cosmetic option. If Gta, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout can do it literally no reason to not have it in :snoop:. Also dashing from crouch is waaaaay to sensitive. I'm tryna do the stealth melee thing but half the time I gotta reload my save because I done exposed myself accidentally just slightly tapping on my keyboard. First person car view is trash as well in this game.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
More I play third person really needed to be in this game if only for a cosmetic option. If Gta, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout can do it literally no reason to not have it in :snoop:. Also dashing from crouch is waaaaay to sensitive. I'm tryna do the stealth melee thing but half the time I gotta reload my save because I done exposed myself accidentally just slightly tapping on my keyboard. First person car view is trash as well in this game.

Remember GTA 5 took a while to do first person mode. In terms of programming it's just simply moving the camera axis. Takes less than a day.

But you then have to test it through the entire game. If its not implemented right within the game world it messes things up badly (like your camera sitting on the ceiling when you enter a building or clipping through NPC skulls so you have to give the player the ability to move the camera axis). I'm sure they'll try and do it, major problem is going to be the dynamic cutscenes they'll have to change up.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
wasteland 3 def trained me for these crashes. I've had like one a day since i got the game, none today so far. But wasteland 3 I played it for two weeks and even on my last day of playing it was getting 3-4 crashes a session. I wonder if they fixed it cause i need to finish it still

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just remembered in the original SR how they implemented racism lol.

The humans were racists to every non human faction, but especially Orcs.

The Orcs had a club called Penumbra I think. There was a storyline mission and a Fixer (called Mr. Johnsons) that you needed in there. If you weren't an Orc or an Elf you wouldn't be able
to get in because Orcs didn't fukk with Humans on some mirror racism shyt.

So if you were human you had to get an Orc runner to help you get in the club and set up the meeting.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Remember GTA 5 took a while to do first person mode. In terms of programming it's just simply moving the camera axis. Takes less than a day.

But you then have to test it through the entire game. If its not implemented right within the game world it messes things up badly (like your camera sitting on the ceiling when you enter a building or clipping through NPC skulls so you have to give the player the ability to move the camera axis). I'm sure they'll try and do it, major problem is going to be the dynamic cutscenes they'll have to change up.
I don't see how 3rd person would work, given netrunning is dependent on line of sight.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just remembered in the original SR how they implemented racism lol.

The humans were racists to every non human faction, but especially Orcs.

The Orcs had a club called Penumbra I think. There was a storyline mission and a Fixer (called Mr. Johnsons) that you needed in there. If you weren't an Orc or an Elf you wouldn't be able
to get in because Orcs didn't fukk with Humans on some mirror racism shyt.

So if you were human you had to get an Orc runner to help you get in the club and set up the meeting.

i actually hate that trope that they use in fantasy. Where we gotta pretend all the humanoid creatures of the world are just what black people are in real life.

Daps
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood,
morning night city! :blessed:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
couple more shots I took last night
XruN8PU.jpg

the light diffusion from the city/smog :wow:

FsuJekT.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PC heads try this out. Saw it on that other forum.
@daze23
@spliz
@Rain

I'm honestly shocked that this is true but i just tried and works:

Tutorial

It seems that the game use an Intel compiler and that makes the performance on AMD CPU way worst (i suppose this applies to console too?), so editing the .exe can bring you big fps gains if you are on an AMD CPU.

Screenshots of my own, before:

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-12-20-00-48.png

After:

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-12-20-03-19.png

As you see i get in this particularity scene a jump of 9fps, and the usage of the CPU goes from 53% to 88%. The game is way more stable now and drop way less. It's ridiculous and i can't understand why do they do this.
I'm gonna try this when I get back home.